Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Rhiota

Rhiota

Posts: 6,786 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Mod :) here is some of my suggestions(I'm on my iPod at the moment so sorry if words are wrong etc)
1. Avatar Competition - This competition would be of who's avatar you thought was the most unique of rare. I think it would work by layers voting on a thread or doing it like a poll where you can choose a player name etc.
Adding more later...

17-Aug-2010 19:33:32

FaIIen Demon

FaIIen Demon

Posts: 97 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
well since nobody has suggested anything to do with the NEWEST skill yet, how about solo dungeon races? first person to complete a small dungeon on their own wins :P . It seems to be pretty random where the boss room shows up, so it could lead to people getting lucky, but you could have everyone meet at daemonheim and all start at the same time, and the first person out wins :) You could even do multiple rounds and have the best combined time to even out the randomness of the dungeons

17-Aug-2010 19:57:31 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2010 19:59:13 by FaIIen Demon

Zalerian

Zalerian

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i love the idea of hide and seek. you could have one in f2p and p2p. there would be winner(s) in both free and member. winners would be chosen by how good their spot is, how well their clues point to and hide the location, and finally, how long players can remain hidden without leaving the vicinity of the hiding place.winners would be awarded with: most player findings, and longest time hidden. Prizes: (can be changed at Jagex's discretion)
1. membership (time decided by jagex)
2. none or added by jagex

17-Aug-2010 20:51:35

No_2_SOPA

No_2_SOPA

Posts: 1,742 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. A massive "battle for your gods" battle, where people choose their god and are supplied with a set of robes and weapons for that god with cooresponding colors(this way it's a fair adavantage for everyone.) The teams battleit out and either last team standing or team with most kills wins.
2. A massive Easter egg hunt (instead of Easter eggs they could be items that have to do with Rs history). They would be scattered all over and it could be a long list. You can work in teams or solo, but whoever gets the most points(every item would be worth a random amount of points, the harder ones to find are worth more, it could be done like an achivement diary since they have different leveled tasks.
3. Have a big race that goes through different cities in runescape, and in each city you'd have to get a specific item for example in varrock the varrock herald, then run to draynor and you have to get the box of poison in draynor manor.
4. A giant dodgeball game with red chins.
5. Tackiest outfit competition.
6. My favorite idea would be if there was a competition for a symon says game using words or emotes. I think that would be fun.

17-Aug-2010 22:06:25

Kelement

Kelement

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This may sound stupid, but maybe ya'll could have a Runescape Screenshot Scavenger Hunt. People could have to take screenshots of certain places, certain actions, etc., andto prove it's authentic, have them say a phrase at the assigned area.
p.s. I like your easter egg hunt idea too L2 Quit.

17-Aug-2010 22:07:37 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2010 22:12:53 by Kelement

Bubness

Bubness

Posts: 311 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How about a minigame creation competition, maybe make a seperate thread or something where people can describe the basics of their minigame, then you could pick 10-20 ideas which you think are good/makeable then ask these players to go into more detail on their basic ideas. The winner could work with jagex staff to actually create the minigame. This could also have a side competition for concept arts for the minigame like monsters or cities(if there are any).

17-Aug-2010 22:16:49

DeIta 40

DeIta 40

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
totally, totally, totally do a clan advert competition. It really shines the spotlight on what clans are all about and why players should get involved with 'em (they're awesome lol). But really, I'd hardcore give it my all if we had a competition like that.

17-Aug-2010 23:15:41

Qazverse

Qazverse

Posts: 284 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here is an Idea ANYONE could do:
1. Simon Says competition with a catch :
You know those contests where a bunch of people put there hands on a car and the winner last person to who still has their hand on the car wins? well why don't you do that? It'd be boring and people could just afk or w/e??? NO because you could get a JaGex Moderator to play Simon Says and call out orders for players [Of course there would have to be more then one mod as alot of people would probubly want to play].
Example: a bunch of players put their hands on a huge rock and a JaGex Mod tells them "simon says off the rock and wave emote" so they all do it. If people are too slow they are out.
2. Possible Change: Instead of a J Mod playing Simon Says with people, because I'm sure a ton would want to play, You could use clue scrolls or Ramdon events to prevent people from like not paying attention to the RS screen.
hope my idea is good?

17-Aug-2010 23:44:04

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top