Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

ClueScape
May Member 2021

ClueScape

Posts: 1,033 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, there's a lot of suggestions so far and I couldn't manage to get through all of them, so I don't know if someone said this before, but I'm going to say it now anyways. ;)
What about a story-competition, and the winning story will be turned into a quest,if your developers want to do other quests... (And I think you've already got a lot projects and not enough time for this, but at least a bit of the story/idea). I know that many persons like myself would be happy to bring his/her idea to life, without working as a Jagex developer. :)
That was a short explanation, thank you Jagex.
Lord Zaok
If there is land,
There's someone who
Must conquer it!

03-Nov-2010 16:11:46

Will Miss It
Apr Member 2010

Will Miss It

Posts: 2,418 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,
I got some more ideas. :)
A Christmas-story competition, with the Runescape theme!
Drawings are getting quite normal now. Maybe a story-competition would be better for a change?
Stealing Creation tournament.
I don't think we have ever had a SC tournament before. This would be pretty awesome!
There are no noobs, just players worse than me.
- jblover301

03-Nov-2010 16:18:42

ULL

ULL

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well i was thinking about a run around whole runescape with certain places you have to go to. The player with the shortest ammount of time completing this gets 6 months of membership. Once random person who finishes the race gets 1 month membership.

Rules:
- No teletabs or anything to teleport with not even runes (its unfair to level 3's).
- You can bank anytime during the race.
- If you log out it does not affect your time.
- You can use any familiars or potions (super energy, super defence etc.)

03-Nov-2010 19:07:24

Kelly Who

Kelly Who

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, here's a simple little thing but people might get really excited if it does happen.
How about you have a competition on a new skill? Because, I've gotta admit, most people nowadays are finding dungeoneering boring, and are wishing you had released what everyone had thought you would: Sailing.
So, now, people will *-**1* (They don't let you say it normally) you with a detailed letter on a new skill idea. They give almost every detail of their idea, and in the end you decide which skill would be the best!
Rules:
1. You must give a name for new skill
2. You need to give details like rewards, armors, and weapons
3: You need to give a suggestion for a picture (not an actual picture is e-ma1led, only a detailed describtion) so it may go on skillcape
4: Jagex makes any other rules they can think of and can change the above rules ;)

03-Nov-2010 20:06:35 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2010 20:11:13 by Kelly Who

Rudy V8

Rudy V8

Posts: 3,055 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Duel arena massive turnament
A reworking of duel arena turneys would be needed however this would be quite interesting.
A minimum combat requirement of 40 would be needed to participate in these turnaments.
Each turnament would be set up with a minimum and maximum combat level using their non-summoning combat level. There will be summoning but this type of combat should require one to show off their runescape skills against others their combat level and while summoning is a combat stat i feel it unfair that if you are really good that youre summoning should be taken into effect so u need to fight people more challenging.
Additionally EVERYTHING goes. you can do whatever you want to win the battle however because runescape is completely random between battles you will have the oprotunity to bank. I think this is fair because if you get put against an extremely hard opponent and the next person u fight got a really easy opponent he will obviously have more food. In most fights people get the ability to restock on supplies and i understand why in normal duel turnaments you arent allowed to re-bank for food to make the turney go faster but this special event can take quite a while if needed

here is how the ranks would go
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79
80-89
90-99
100-109
110-119
120-126

Now with all turneys come great rewards.
The winners of these turneys could recieve a multitude of neat rewards.
They could possibly recieve a neat banner similar the castlewars flags or other flags but only they will have them. This way they can show off that they are/were the best of the best at their combat level.
each banner will have a number on it.
Ex the victor of the level 70-79 will have the number 70's on his banner.
The banner should be gold with white lettering
(also i like sukkah's above comment very interesting. i dont think sailing would be a good one id sujjest transphormation :) it would be an add-on skill similar to summoning but you can transphorm instead

04-Nov-2010 03:23:31 - Last edited on 04-Nov-2010 03:29:09 by Rudy V8

NoodleMunch

NoodleMunch

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe a competition of most daredevil screenshot?
Like,do something that would be dangerous in real life,but not in runescape, as you know it can't go wrong. So no fighting, or something you can die with, but something fun.
Example: Performing the lean on air emote right next to a very deep hole. O_o

04-Nov-2010 09:23:24

[#H88UG5CGE]

[#H88UG5CGE]

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've got a couple of ideas to throw out, though some people already said some good ones.
1. Something like this has sorta been said, but... Perhaps there could be a contest for fanfic writers about an uncompleted quest series. We'd write what we think would happen, and maybe the top 2-3 ideas are included in the continuation of that quest series. (For example, if the Elemental Workshop was to get a part four, the writer could write about what kind of armor would appear next and what he'd have to do to get it)
2. Perhaps a Duel Tournament where we can't use anything but our fists and bare skin. That's right, I'm talking about a tournament with no prayer, no armor, no potions and food, no familiars, and nothing else but the fists and feet of fury of unarmed combat.
3. For a different writing contest, why not write about an idea for the first quest with a Dungeoneering requirement? Just an idea I got.
As for ideas I agree with, a Stealing Creation tournament sounds fun, as does writing a story that could be turned into a quest.

04-Nov-2010 12:01:20

The Frepp

The Frepp

Posts: 602 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys. I thought that for a challenge we should write a short saga (between 100 and 150 words) starting with one of the three captions below:
- Doric threw the...
- The Duke saw...
- A suspicious man...
The story must be composed so that it has a beginning and an end and must start with one of the three given phrases.
Just an idea, have fun.

04-Nov-2010 17:24:07

Outlawstar1

Outlawstar1

Posts: 442 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lot of ideas already posted that I'd suggest myself ^_^
Here's one more. Not sure how workable it would be.
"Miniclip sketchstar competition" Since you guys are on miniclip (how I actually found the game), I think it would be great to have an animation competition using their animation tools. Or to be honest an animation competition in general, could use Ds's flipnote studio.

04-Nov-2010 18:46:12

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top