Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Writerer
Jul Member 2023

Writerer

Posts: 217 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Runescape Survival: The player is not allowed food, prayer, armor or weapon (the last two you can decide whether to keep or not). Basically the player is pitted against loads of monster (endless) and they have to keep fighting, either if they keep alive the longest amount of time or they kill the most monsters determine where they are on the leaderboards and the monster levels are determined on the level of the player.
God Watcher

17-Aug-2010 23:59:33

Alex Undeath
May Member 2019

Alex Undeath

Posts: 3,955 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We could have a T-shirt design competition! :D That would be awesome! Then the winner of the competition can have their shirt on the website for sale (all profit goes to you of course though) Besides their prize they get, whatever that may be.
Alt: GraveUndeath

18-Aug-2010 00:30:06

Day Dreams2

Day Dreams2

Posts: 1,099 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmmm..Well I make RSMV's, and i notice that it takes about 3 months to make one. And the competitions are always a small amount of time to get them in. SO how about..
A 10 Second RSMV Contest?
Tell me if you like/hate :D
~Lil Hase~

18-Aug-2010 01:43:06

ihaveurnose

ihaveurnose

Posts: 371 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How about something similar to a clue scroll.
But instead of finding a certain item, players must find JMods in-game. Here's how it could work..
------
You can list the first clue in the forums, on the home page, or even just have JMod A standing in Lumbridge.
When a player finds JMod A, he/she is shown a clue, and given a "secret" item, to find JMod B.
Upon reaching JMod B, the player must show the secret item in order to see the next clue and get the next "secret" item that leads to JMod C.
First 'X' players to reach the last JMod and show them the item can get whatever prize you would like to give :) (up to you as to how many JMods are on the trail)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Here's how the secret items and clues could work~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Both the secret item and the clue are shown in trades. This would eliminate nearby players being able to pick up the trail somewhere in the middle.
The secret item could be any random cheap item (probably stackable or noted) that the JMod can give to a player in a trade. The secret item could be a tomato seed, a chisel, or even some weeds.
As for the clue, it could be an item(s) that can only be found at a certain location(s). For example, the clue could be a mahogany plank which would lead to the sawmill sense that's the only place you can make them. Or to make it a bit harder, the clue could be a tyras helm. Then the player would have to search each dock/port in order to find the next JMod.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that's my idea, hopefully you'll like it so much that I end up reading about it on the home page someday ^_^

18-Aug-2010 01:45:29

Dixie Trix

Dixie Trix

Posts: 2,530 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have always wondered what the Audio team has to go through in order to create new sound effects; and even more, the music to areas/bosses that players come across.
What I have in mind is introducting the instrument that the Jagex music makers use for players to enter into a contest. To create a song that is related to a possible subject. For example:
Create a song that has the mood of an elven forest. Or...
Create a chaotic tune that shows as disaster to all that appose H.A.M.
With this, I believe there will be many creative ideas out there. The WINNER will have their song/creation become guarenteed in a future update to the subject.
Hopefully this and many of the other ideas out there be of possible interest.
;)

18-Aug-2010 01:50:32

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top