Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Dalia

Dalia

Posts: 6,728 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a character/ NPC creation competition would be interesting. Take holiday events- some of the new characters are very interesting, like Jack Frost. Others are becoming repetitive and seen too often, like the Easter Bunnies and the Grim Reaper.
A excellent way to get ideas for developing new holiday characters is from the community itself. How can we expand Easter but keep it within the concept of the holiday? You could make it about writing a narrative of the whole event. You could even make it a quasi art competition where you ask Players to send in art work of their events/ characters.
I also think that a pet design competition would be a lot of fun! Ask us to develop interesting pets for us to own- pets are safe because they are just for fun and don't altar game mechanics. I'd be all over that, I am pet addicted!
The only other competition I'd like to see is a large art competition. Instead of working on one image or comic, ask the community to make a series. Could it just be fan art, content suggestion art, or something entirely different?
I have only one final suggestion for competitions- THEY MUST ALWAYS BE PROPERLY ADVERTISED! I often miss small art competitions because they are only advertised on the forums and not on the front page. The other thing with me is that I have a job and lots of volunteers hours to do so I am very busy with real life.
Large amounts of time would be necessary for me to get anything done. Be sure to offer at least 3 weeks for any sizeable art competition for us adults to get a chance.
In summary:
Pet design competition please!!!!!!
~Sacornus the acorn

23-Oct-2010 05:39:32

Dalia

Dalia

Posts: 6,728 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, I nearly forgot:
If you have a future sizeable update to the Construction skill- running a screenshot or machinima competition of updated houses would be a great idea.
Not only would players have a chance to show off their homes, it could become an inspiration to better Homes and Gardens for others (Every pun intended!)
I like to go to house party worlds just to look at home layouts. I will eventually redo my house once those updates are out.
Thank you for listening!
~Sacornus the acorn
**EDIT** As others have mentioned- a outfit competition would be interesting. But instead of designing new garments- challenge us to use what we currently have in game and put interesting things together. I'd suggest each player taking screenshots of their 5-8 favorite outfits and submitting them as a group. How you judge is up to Jagex. Personally, a combination of thought and items would keep it more interesting than some player just wearing all of the most expensive items in the game.

23-Oct-2010 05:44:37 - Last edited on 23-Oct-2010 05:54:23 by Dalia

Nyny
Jun Member 2023

Nyny

Posts: 304 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow imagine this idea a competition event like sayyyy winterfest stata fair I mean like you could grow your own ANIMALS (addition to the farming skill) and have them compete, also grow plants like say who can make thecoldest snow flower tent and a cookin tent where you can mix foods to make gumbo, stew, soup, chili, ect. I think there should also be a tent for a dog/other animal show to compete for the best dog. Also notice: work on a small area where you talk to some person and he shootsyou up into the first space station created by (insert npc here) and you can keep the shooting stars from hitting a building... :D

23-Oct-2010 06:17:42

Sir tarllac

Sir tarllac

Posts: 1,481 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok well we have the art (gallery) we have stuff in-game people like (truimutive, random stuff like clue fest) You're only missing one thing! music! I suggest having something for those people who play music. Have them record themselves or something. And the winner gets there music onto the soundtrack in rs.

24-Oct-2010 03:46:47

Dark Demesne
Jul Member 2007

Dark Demesne

Posts: 208 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it would be cool to have a coloring contest. You could provide an outline for a new set of armor, for instance, and players could color in how they'd want the in-game version to look. The winning colors would be implemented in-game.

25-Oct-2010 05:05:39

Jjem96

Jjem96

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
..¸‹•º`¨´º•¸..`¨´º•›¸........¸•º`¨´º•›¸ ..† ¸‹•º`¨´º•¸........¸‹•º`¨´..¸•º`¨´º•›¸..
¸º...........¸‹•º`¨´º•¸º‹,¸¸,º....iAttacker J.....º,¸¸,›º¸•º`¨´º•›¸...........º¸
º¸.........¸º.......¸,›º ¸•º`¨´º•›¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¸‹•º`¨´º•¸ º‹,¸........º¸......¸º
..º...‹,¸¸,º...¸‹•º........º‹,¸.......º‹,¸ `¨ˆºˆ¨` ¸,›º.........¸,›º.......º•›¸....º,¸¸,›º..
I Say A J-Mod v Player Competition would Be Great, A Big World War 2 Setting 2x the side of Clan wars FFA, 40 Players in Each Corner, And the combat levels wuld be put into Groups
Wave 1 - 3-15
Wave 2 - 15-30
Wave 3 - 30-35
Wave 4 - 35-45 And so On.

25-Oct-2010 18:56:34

The contents of this message have been hidden.

26-Oct-2010 21:10:22

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top