Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

[#6ATTXJORB]

[#6ATTXJORB]

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Latest idea:

Capture the flag (On Forums)

What you could do is hide 10 flags anywhere around the forums and get contestants to search for them, they may be in old posts or new threads, all you have to do is look for them. The first few people will continue their quest to winning the competition.

You could put a link up where you decide to hide the flag, it will record the username of the first five people to find the flag.

These five people who have been recorded from each flag will continue, I can add more but i'll keep it simple, we can discuss this some more if it's considered.

Advantages:

It will attract more people to the forums and hopefully get more people contributing to the forums or just posting their ideas.

It gets the community together and gets people excited about joining the forums.

There aren't too many competitions that happen on the forums so this could contribute to doing so.

Thank's, Holy Nations.

09-Oct-2010 23:27:21

Sir tarllac

Sir tarllac

Posts: 1,481 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok ill give some basic ideas then. (sorry for that long suggestion i made i forgot you said just a basic idea.)
1.hat finding contest, find all the hats scattered around runescape, and get a reward for it or keep the hats. ( people get random hats)
2. doungeneering contest, to see who can conquer the most dungeons in, lets say 1-3 hours.( would be good cause both members and free players can do it, and can try it out)
3.cow killing contest, people randomly for 5min kill cows and cows randomly drop stuff.
4.dancing contest. Have a mix of dance moves and have people mix them up, and decide who has the best mix.
5. chicken kicking contest, have a bunch of people go into a place where theres a target mat on the floor and people have to kick it in the center. (of course you can adjust the angle and everything).
6. pass and search the shoe around contest. Have people sign up for a thing and see how long it takes for them to pass and search the shoe for random stuff, all around until it gets back to you. ( you start it they keep passing it until you get it, the better the time the better the reward)
7.magical box contest-for forums. people have to fit numbers, patterns, colors, and shapes, to make an entire box.(a good reward will be given to those who complete it.)
8. count all the guards/humans/monsters- forums or in game. People go to falador, varrock, and lumby and count all the guards, humans and monsters. (for every human its a plus, for every monster its a minus, for every guard its multiplied. So if they add, subtract, and multiply, the guards, humans, and goblins there gonna get a random number like 1232.)
Thats all i got for now, hope your taking notes, thanks for reading!

11-Oct-2010 04:09:25 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2010 04:12:06 by Sir tarllac

The contents of this message have been hidden.

11-Oct-2010 15:03:54

11-Oct-2010 15:57:03

11-Oct-2010 15:57:39

11-Oct-2010 15:58:05

[#84O6AF4YJ]

[#84O6AF4YJ]

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ello every body,

Vote contest or something, i posted this on a forum with jmod, but heres what i have:

Vote yes or no, if not its your item to make, if you like it, make a second option for the people who don't like the first item ONLY, Even though it means missing out on one item
1.Bring back the colourful scarves just like you brought back the rubber chicken, AND a Winter snow book,it should be able to weild on the left hand, and will make a snowman infront of you, it will dissapear after 30 minuts and it is interactable, the book has a emote of creating a snow gust "like the emote "Dramatic Point" while raising the holder's hand.
2. second option,Toy YoYo that can be played with, and has an emote, this should come with a pet that follows you for 1 hour!!! it can assist in battle but will ONLY do 1 damage 50% of the time, so it won't be a cheap weapon. no summoning skill is requierd, whatever it's owner attacks, it attacks.

14-Oct-2010 03:12:37

[#84O6AF4YJ]

[#84O6AF4YJ]

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whoops!! im sorry, since theres was HP update that multiplys your HP by 10 "like if you have 10 hp on your stat chart, it appears as 100 on the health meter"
The pet should deal 10 damage instead of 1.

Sorry for taking up 2 spaces, but i hope you like my ideas.
:)

14-Oct-2010 03:16:10

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top