Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

A Matt
Nov Member 2023

A Matt

Posts: 5,227 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm reposting this as my origional post on 2nd Sept lacked detail. Hope you dont mind adding some more!!
An idea is to hold a competition to do voice overs for a set peice of text! ;D
Like in the new tutorial, it has voice overs for the npc's. Jagex sets a number of 4 short speeches that the entrant has to choose, read, and submit into Jagex! The best 4 voice overs gets to do the voices for a new quest by getting a trip to Jagex studios where they will record their parts in the quest. (along with the usual big ticket expierience) I think that would be awesome as it will really engage players with the game, along with a great competition. :)
Thanks,
- Migy M
'Breast Cancer Awareness Month'
Dye your hair to ''PINK''!
For more information: Quick find code: 23-24-881-61751517

06-Oct-2010 21:31:36

Kaesus

Kaesus

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have an idea that i am pretty sure has been posted a lot on this thread, so sorry if i am repeating, but a quest writing competition. you have to write all the dialogues, either draw or describe (because i cannot draw for my life) all the npcs that aren't already in game, say the location of where to start, and the requirements like quest requirements and skill req ranges, like "between 60 and 65 woodcutting" or something, then of course all the events and dialogue. The winner would get the quest put into the game, a free membership (1 year or lifetime) and possibly a trip to jagex.
another suggestion of mine, not a competition, but for an event, at qfc 185-186-737-61737348

07-Oct-2010 22:32:36

Aethel Wolf
Mar
fmod Member

Aethel Wolf

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,318 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having watched the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony, I thought: Why not RuneScape have their own formation contest?
Players team up and plan a human formation. It can be a picture of scimitars, god symbols, cabbages. O_o

08-Oct-2010 19:29:10

[#6ATTXJORB]

[#6ATTXJORB]

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hide N Seek

Introduction:

Hide N Seek is a game where you must find the person who is hiding, one person hides and another seeks. Many of you may have played this outside in your backyards.

Basic ideas:

One:

It's like a treasure trail or clue scroll but only occurs every now and then with a big reward, however it wont be easy to find the holder of the reward.

Two:

People who want to compete in this event will all gather in one area, there will be a chest in the middle of the room/area where the first clue lies. There will be a time counting down, when the time is up it will suddenly unlock it self letting you get the first clue to finding the person.

Three:

These clues are used to lead you to other chests that you can open to get another clue. Perhaps you could kill monsters that drop the clues.

Four:

When you find the person hiding he will give you the last clue which leads you to the chest holding the reward.

- Maybe the could be a different events for different levels since monsters might be included.

- A Moderator or other staff member could go in-game and start the event, perhaps Moderators should be the hiders since this competitor may only occur once every few months.

These are just a few of my ideas, you can contact me to hear more =)

Thank's, I hope you take this into consideration.

09-Oct-2010 01:48:40

[#6ATTXJORB]

[#6ATTXJORB]

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have also been watching the Commonwealth games, the opening ceremony was terrific. Did you see Cameron Meyer from Australia absolutely destroy the rest of his opponents in the 180 lap race? (it was cycling)

09-Oct-2010 01:48:41 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2010 01:57:17 by [#6ATTXJORB]

Blown2pieces

Blown2pieces

Posts: 78 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a nice members only event would be a treasure trail weekend.
Basically everyone who would like to participate in the competition would have to take a screenshot of the loot they receive from opening their casket, and then the winner would be the person who gained the most money (money, meaning the amount that all of the items would sell for at market price on the Grand Exchange) from a single treasure trail reward.
(The prices would not include street prices, ONLY the Grand Exchange prices)

09-Oct-2010 05:23:49

Oh Nao

Oh Nao

Posts: 2,173 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think another runescape machinima competition is in order! I loved watching those videos. We could have a theme of... mystery. The mystery machinima competition could feature players making videos of themselves running around runescape trying to solve those unanswered questions. The endings would definitely be humorous! Why is farmer fred wielding a pitchfork? Why is there a strange gold vault beneath varrock bank? Suspicious, suspicious...

09-Oct-2010 20:47:10

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top