Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

[#9YULWXETG]

[#9YULWXETG]

Posts: 1,055 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One of the competitions that is upcoming in the future should focus on the element of teamwork within the community. Afterall, the community focus is great way to bring in the players together
One of the ideas that I do have is to have a teamwork race. Just like seen within a television show.
There would be teams of two racing all around Runescape. Completing certain tasks at each checkpoint such as woodcutting an inventory full of trees, fishing, etc. This would strengthen bonds between friends and have the ability for players to develope skills. Such skills are crucial communication and ability to work at a haste pace while keeping quality.

02-Oct-2010 22:51:31

[#GMLU58UF4]

[#GMLU58UF4]

Posts: 1,895 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WOW guys it looks like this is going to be our next christmas event.
185-186-682-61243758 its really cool and it includes all the past people from the Christmas event. and EVERYONE! agrees. Over 100+ people agree
I know you jagex and i know you will pick this to be the Christmas event.
J2 :P

03-Oct-2010 01:35:42

[#I0V4ILTWI]

[#I0V4ILTWI]

Posts: 69 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hi im n0 way dud3 here are some of my ideas hope u like ehm!
- we could have a massive pvp fight winner take all.
-we could duel it out in duel tournaments.
-everyone could come to lumbridge and runescape have a massive party and we show off our best armours and skillcape emotes and other emotes.
-have a massive clan war.
-everyone goes to falador party room and we have a massive drop party to celebrate runescapes birthday.=)*)

03-Oct-2010 18:52:37

llickbk

llickbk

Posts: 231 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe a organized clan tournament system?
Details
1. You have to pay a small / large entree fee (in gold) depending on what tournament you want to join
2. You have a low class, medium class, upper class, mage, melee, and range, and lots of other tournaments but have Jagex make them (so people don't spam the tournaments up)
3. Have team colors / numbers / symbols ( maybe submitted by clan?)
4. Have rainments that the clan can customize and make stronger<---(that part costs money)
5. Have a reward for your clan(in gold), depending on 1st 2nd 3rd, etc.
So in other words I mean, upgrade clan wars or make a new area where you do this, but it would be much much more organized than a player made clan battle / tournament

04-Oct-2010 00:30:48

Love Affair

Love Affair

Posts: 935 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really LOVE the idea of Beechez (2nd page)
This would be unique indeed! ^_^ And I already considered to suggest it, but there appear to be more people with the same ideas ;) I compose myself and I'd really like to write a melody for RuneScape.
>>>---Hunter ;) --->

04-Oct-2010 13:34:38

cherjer

cherjer

Posts: 1,085 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
a pest control tourny. I was thinking have several different groups of 25 people, a few groups per boat, depending on combat levels. The group with the most wins will win.
Also, PLEASE fix the bots at pest control! they make getting void so hard and it takes weeks!! 80% of the population there are bots and they never attack the portals unless the damage bar is already above it, im guessing thats what makes them see that the shield is dropped. When there are nothing but bots at a portal (which happens a lot), the portal never gets destroyed, and the knight dies every single time! please do something to fix this. bots are ruining runescape..

04-Oct-2010 19:42:13

Mattan100

Mattan100

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,967 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I´m still wondering how in-game competitions can be kept COMPLETELY fair for everyone.
However, an idea I may even have seen suggested earlier is to design a small area for RuneScape, such as a cave, island, forgotten plateau or a basement. :P
The rulings of this competition would be fairly simple to put there - blueprint on paper, size A3. How the blueprints are put there shouldn´t matter.
Jagex has decided the size and location of the new area and possibly puts up a story, so it´s only up to the players to get cracking!
The whole point is designing an area with a set number of NPC:s, which means you can´t create an area full of level-9000 monsters which drop something worth X coins, but rather a very story-fixed room with the NPC:s playing in - the layout is then completely up to the player!
Once the room is programmed, players would obviously have to write a nice quest which starts in that very room.
The guidelines are length, difficulty and levels; everything else is up to the player.
Of course, such a competition would be difficult to be held if a story/poetry competition was run, but after all it may be possible.
I would favour a normal story/poetry competition over a pure development competition though, but that´s not to say the stories shouldn´t be about an upcoming quest. ;)
I think that sums up my thoughts for now, but my point of view still is the same.
The competitions have to be fun and fair - combined they´re a "funfair" of players using creativity to the utmost.
Oh, and variety is a huge factor too. If another machinima competition is held before another competitions (I still have faith in Hohbein!) I´m afraid it will come out as a very repetitive competition. Machinima is a nice genre, but shouldn´t be overdone.
~Teh Flying Carpet, Evil lord of Snacks :)

05-Oct-2010 17:23:07

[#37KYIF0R4]

[#37KYIF0R4]

Posts: 2,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, a competition I would like to suggest is a melee based one. may have allready been suggested but I can't read over 200 suggestions in one sitting ^.^
-------------------
FIGHT PIT TANK TEST
-------------------
The basis of this suggestion? throw as many people you can into the fight pits, say "go" and the last one standing wins!

Why I think this would be a good idea for a competition? Show who is the best tank in runescape! its a good group event that would "pit" (excuse the pun) other players against one another to see who comes out the victor!

06-Oct-2010 07:05:08

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top