Forums

Wildy & Free Trade - Questions Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-56-62214325

Mod Hohbein

Mod Hohbein

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Wilderness/Free Trade - Questions

If you have questions about the return of Free Trade and the Wilderness, then you've come to the right place!
It’s Saturday 22nd January, and it's the Content Live Q&A! We have Mod Mark & Mod Fetzki answer a selection of your questions for the next couple of hours.
Mod Kat and myself will also be answering a few questions on their behalf too as they may be uber content J-mods, but they’re still human and only have 4 hands between them. ; )
Please do try to keep to 1 or 2 questions at the most as there are so many of you mad for wilderness/free trade knowledge!
Please also check the FAQ first to see that your question hasn't already been answered. ; )
This is the thread for your questions and you'll find the answers posted here .
Thanks guys,
Paul M
Community Management

21-Jan-2011 15:12:31 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:39:35 by Mod Paul M

NaeNae333

NaeNae333

Posts: 1,140 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey J-guys,
First of all, thanks for returning old wild and free trade!
I have some questions though.
1) Why did you ban extremes?
Old wild was about no rules or limits.
If you think "Herblore is a non-combat skill" then I think you should also ban chaotic weapons, curses, korasi's sword, most dragon weapons, ancient magicks, lunar magics and I could continue this list for a while, for requiring non-combat skills or quests which aren't combat-related.
If you think "Extremes are overpowered" then I'd like to counter this argument by saying that extremes vs rune with soaking has a LOWER max hit than supers on rune before soaking, so this really isn't true.
I'd really love to use extremes in the wilderness.
@Fetzky, if you read this again:
If someone uses a chaotic maul/korasi's sword for KO but wears a dscim/staff (when hybriding) before, you can't see that maul/sword before either. That's basically the same. You also can't see if someone is on curses, unless he has an overhead prayer active. Same goes for vengeance, etc. etc. etc. One could always use the hiscores anyway.
2) Gravestones & bosses.
Many bosses teams are created using the "Teamwork" forums. You often don't know the people, and if you'd die they most likely won't bless grave if they can loot your items if they won't.
Therefore I suggest doing what you were planning to do all over Gielinor EXCEPT for GWD boss rooms, GWD Zaros zone and possibly other bosses, in which it should be kept as it is right now.
Thanks again for restoring RS to its former glory.
The Slayer.
Edit: #1 lol.

22-Jan-2011 14:58:43 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:18:28 by NaeNae333

31O

31O

Posts: 5,150 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok my few questions:
1:What will happen with the wilderness volcano(the one in the midle)?EDIT: you guys said the BANK is going to be removed not the whole volcano , would be nice to have this answered
2:Is the clan wars arena going to be removed?It takes alot of space on the wilderness worldmap and removing it will bring back alot of places to pk and the boneyard.(i dont mean the clan wars challange area)
3:Why are revenants going to drop statuettes , wont PvP armour and weapons be enough?
4:Why will the items dropped in wildy be immediately seen by other players?Why not 30 seconds waiting like normaly?Pkers could drop all their food for their friend thats getting attacked!
btw thanks for the awesome update thats going to happen soon ^^

22-Jan-2011 14:58:43 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:27:02 by 31O

Veteranz

Veteranz

Posts: 54 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1)If I help my friend giving him amounts of cash and some equipments, will that be considered as RWT? Considering Jagex doesn't know if you had IRL money for the eq/cash.
2)How JaGeX will define what is RWT and what is gift? Can't know if you were paid for it or not!
3)How can we prevent doing RWT instead of gift? Limit of giving away large amount of cash, maybe? You can't know if we got paid for the huge amount of cash!
4)If someone is quitting and giving away all of its stuff, how JaGeX will punish the receiver and the quitter, if considered as RWT, and not gift? Since you don't know if you got paid for the 'rage quitted itens'.
gonna add more questions in time.

22-Jan-2011 14:58:44

Super Hanns

Super Hanns

Posts: 2,432 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First of all thanks for answering our questions on a Saturday.
here is my question:
1. Under the Proposed changes to Gravestones Players will have a bias not to bless others as they could get free items if they don't and the gravestone dissapears.
was this an intentional shift back to old style gameplay or is it somthing you overlooked?
2. Please don't make revenants drop PVP Statues! even if they don't bring in that much GP player oppinion is that they do and prices go sky high!
make Revenants drop pvp equipment instead?
Doom

Zaryte Bow

Zaryte Bow

Posts: 2,142 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Jagex moderators, first of all i'd like to thank you for bringing the Old Wild Mechanics back, it will certainly be an awesome update :) . i have some questions about it, tought.
1) On Mod Mark cc he stated "The old pjing system of 2006 is comming back"
What does that means? You will be able to interrupt people at any time of an fight? Because that'd be really not fair these days where we have Dragon Claws, Korasi swords, and a lot of other "1-Hitting" weapons. The current PJing system works quite good (10 secs out of fight to be able to interrupt, magers cant be attacked while farcasting), and i hope you're not removing it.
2) Brawling gloves - will they work just as now (1,5x exp outside of the wilderness, 4x exp inside) or will they be changed? Because i really want to know if i should use my prayer brawlers along with my gilded altar before the update :P
3) Some time ago (i think it was on the constitution update), there was a change on the vengeance spell, i dont even think jagex knows about this, but back in the old wildy if you killed someone who was venged, the spell wouldnt hit. Now if you kill that person the vengeance spell WILL hit, meaning that a lot of "double kills" (Both fighters die at the same time) happens, especially with people using Dharok's, as you need an low hp to get good hits. Could you fix this? It wasnt there on the old wildy so i think its fair if you could fix it.
4) Why are you keeping statuettes as revenant drops instead of just turning them into cash on 1st feb? They are really bad for the economy (a lot of money comes from nothing)
5) You've stated some untradables will vanish, some won't - im most interested in the non-degradeable dungeoneering rewards like sighted longbows, arcane necklaces and the ring of vigour - will we get to keep those?
Thanks

22-Jan-2011 14:58:44 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 14:59:47 by Zaryte Bow

x-Flabber-x

x-Flabber-x

Posts: 385 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi content team,
I wanted to ask about the wilderness. Seeing as the minigames have been moved to the ‘gamer’s grotto’, the large area covered by the clan wars arena no-longer has any function. (Actually I don’t know if it was even used when you fought there anyway). Seeing as this area was placed here on top of the much loved boneyard, will it be removed and the boneyard put back?
In short, when the minigames are moved will the boneyard return to where it was? Or will the clan wars arena area stay there for now?
Thanks!

Oreo
Dec Member 2023

Oreo

Posts: 4,151 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What will happen to Bork and all the Chaos Tunnels, will those remain?
What will be done about luring and baiting from safespots?
How can you report scamming as some people would just trade and state the price they want but there’s no real way to get them saying selling white ele for 5 mil and report that.
What about using overloads in wildy, there’s mentions of extremes but nothing about overloads?
˜`”°º×O
r
e
o

22-Jan-2011 14:58:45

Im Alex

Im Alex

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys, I have a few questions. :)
Is it true that when you're in the new wilderness, if you're attacking a Green Dragon, for example, that another player can then attack you, like a rev used to be able to do?
It said on the F.A.Q that the banker Maximillius *something, oops :P * would be removed from the wilderness. Does this mean the part he used to be would *not* be a safe spot? - And does this mean there will be no safe spots in the wilderness?
On the F.A.Q it said that you will be moving minigames from the wilderness e.g. Stealing Creation to "Gamers' corner", will it only contain the minigames from the wilderness or do you plan on putting future minigames there?
Regarding the relocation of the revenants... Will you be making them any harder than they currently are? And have you decided on drop rates of brawlers/statuettes etc. yet? (Though i'm presuming it will be rare drops for brawlers).
I noticed on the f.a.q that if you drop an item when free trade is back, it will be visible to everyone *immediately*. I'm sure it took 3-5 minutes before to become visible when you dropped something. Is there any reason for the change?
Why are you not allowing extremes into the wilderness? Do you plan on introducing them later on?

Thanks Mark. :)

22-Jan-2011 14:58:46 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 14:59:56 by Im Alex

Dune Blythe

Dune Blythe

Posts: 1,084 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why no extremes/overloads?
you said:
"Following player feedback, we have decided that the new Herblore potions are having too much of an effect on PVP combat. Considering that making them requires a high level in a non-combat skill, players felt they had to increase their Herblore level to be able to make these potions, before they could effectively fight players of a similar combat level to themselves. It was not our intention to suddenly make PVP gameplay less accessible for the majority of players who had previously been enjoying it."
1: If the problem is it is gained from a high level at a non-combat skill, Chaotic fits that.
2: Players thought they needed to raise herblore to fight players of the same level. Same can be said for dungeoneering.
3: ext/ovls make pking less accessible for the majority of players who had previously been enjoying it? They are not any harder to get then vengeance, chaotic, or turmoil.
4: Chaotic had a greater effect on pvp then ext/ovls.
5: Weapons, armor, food, potions, and summoning pouches are tools of combat. Why are potions the only tools that are restricted? The best weapons, shields, and food are all untradeables that come from training non-combat skills. (chaotic & JuJu gumbo)
6: chaotic is okay because of the combat level requirement? then make it so that if while you are in the wild and your combat level is not >/= the required herblore to make the potion, then the effect is reduced to the level of supers.
7: the boost is unfair because it is invisible?
yet you are going to make summoning not effect combat level, but have the potential increase displayed after a +? You can't add an "H90" to warn people the might have overloads?
8: they make it to easy to 1hit-ko? do 1 or more:
a) add cheap lp increasing armor.
b) let us add an lp boost to existing armor
c) give us a quest reward that adds lp (ex. lp becomes 15x con. 99 gives 1485lp)
9. banning high level content from pvp is the laziest solution, not the best.

22-Jan-2011 14:58:46

Quick find code: 254-255-56-62214325 Back to Top