Forums

Wildy & Free Trade - Questions Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-56-62214325

ATi

ATi

Posts: 66 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,
So I have 3 questions from wilderness and free trade return.
1:
What will happen if I die at Corporeal Beast? Will people who are there can pick up my stuff instantly?
2:
What will happen with brawlers? Will I be still able to get 4x xp? and if I can't train that skill in wildy (for example: thieving) will I be still able get some bonus?
3:
What will happen with the PvP statues? Will they turn into coins or they will be dropped by revs?

22-Jan-2011 14:58:54

Arxitar

Arxitar

Posts: 148 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,
Q:1. Why did you decide to bring back the wilderness and free trade when you have said , multiple times in the past few years that you would not bring it back?
Q:2. Content wise, Will this have a great effect on future updates, or will it hardly affect them?
~Chris

22-Jan-2011 14:58:55

Moe Is 4210

Moe Is 4210

Posts: 31,106 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello.
Q1) Why did you decide to change gravestones? I personally think it's wrong to be able to decide to loot through player's items, besides that it gives an incentive for players to not bless each other. This just leads to untrustworthiness with each other and not really what the game needs. (Besides the fact that this will make money making easier when you can go grave looting at Nex or something like that)
Q2) The referendum stated you would be moving content out of the Wilderness. How come content wasn't moved out of the Wilderness? Penguins, Beacon Network and Summer's End notably.
Q3) How will you be able to differentiate from someone giving a gift to their friends as opposed to someone completing a real world trade transaction?
Q4) Why were Extreme/Overload potions denied from being used in PvP? Is it because Herblore isn't at a combat skill? Doesn't that make Dungeoneering, and Quests (for curses, etc) fall under the same category?
Thanks for your time. :)

22-Jan-2011 14:58:55

Weirdwoods

Weirdwoods

Posts: 331 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here are my questions:
Q1. Is Wilderness going to be as laggy as PvP worlds? If so, will the matter be looked into?
Q2. Will the “invulnerable” timer after a fight still be in effect, or can a person attack another person as soon as a fight is over?
Q3. Has Jagex come up with a new powerful method to combat bots?
Q4. Is item trading between two self-owned accounts allowed now? Will such players get banned? Or will the rules be relaxed?
Q5. Just a confirmation, can people never be attacked in places other than the wilderness now?

22-Jan-2011 14:58:55 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:00:04 by Weirdwoods

Elite clue

Elite clue

Posts: 6,049 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so, with free trade coming back and all, how will graves work in pvm?
who will bless ur grave? are you ready to destroy forum pvm teams?
do you have to bless the other's grave before you can loot it? if you are, i can see a fault that will be abused alot. lets say someone dies, his team mates get's their prayer down to 10-20 before blessing, so he wont have time to get back so they can loot his items. is that something you want?
allso, ddosing in pvm? gonna be dangerous to boss now, go to a bandos solo or something, then a guy ddos you so they can steal ur items, fun eh?
or people luring others, create a "team" to go bandos or something. then when bandos goes for that random guy they found on the forums risking 50m, they'l let it go on him, killing him so they can loot his grave, free 50m, omgz?

so my question is, are you ready to create a new way of luring, or what are you going to do to prevent this?
my suggestion is that the grave have to be blessed to 1 hour before the items will even be possible to show for other people.

allso a random question, smithing update soon? u said it was gonna be realeased in 2010!

22-Jan-2011 14:58:56 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:27:35 by Elite clue

Poco

Poco

Posts: 1,611 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will old drop parties be coming back? An old drop party would consist of dropping items of any value anywhere on the game and a minute later they would become visible to any player. I sure do miss these.
You guys only mentioned how dropping items will work in the wildy, not outside of it.

22-Jan-2011 14:58:58 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:02:46 by Poco

Spirit Eagle

Spirit Eagle

Posts: 1,141 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
wow, not 3:00 yet!

will the boneyard return?

Will you restock shops and make them the same for everyone?

are we going to have the old style skull rules back?

when you die in the wildy will it be back to your usual respawn point like before or will there be a separate respawn point for dying in the wildy?

You have mentioned minigames, clue scroll etc... but what about mage arena and wilderenss agility course, i presume their staying?

will the grand exchange work with no price limits, surely loads of people will try and buy really low and other sell really high, would you be able to implement a auction style area to the Grand Exchange.

could we be seeing a return of the old wilderness bounty hunter crater at some point, maybe in the games portal thing you mentioned?

Does your decision to do this have anything to do with the upcoming release of stellar dawn?

22-Jan-2011 14:58:58 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:15:35 by Spirit Eagle

[#XGYKSBYVL]

[#XGYKSBYVL]

Posts: 453 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, i was wondering are firecapes/torso's/defenders lost when you die in the wild or can you run back and "loot" them, because to be
faire who wants to spend 2 hours doing jad 2 hours doing fighter torso and spending time getting a defender, if your truely putting the quote "old wilderness"
back in then we should be allowed to run back and loot our firecapes/torso's/defenders.

22-Jan-2011 14:58:59

Posts: 2,421 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1)Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. My question is could someone range/mage me while im in the wildy agility course? Now that rev's arent there will the player killers be able to kill me?
2) This "Games Grotto" is gonna teleport space on the ring of dueling?
Please answer the first question

~pine

22-Jan-2011 14:59:00 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2011 15:04:46 by 976097

Quick find code: 254-255-56-62214325 Back to Top