Forums

Your Barrows Tips Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-45-63490359

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Your Barrows Tips

With Barrows receiving a fresh new graphical makeover, defeating the spririts within has never been a more beautiful experience. If you’ve never taken on the Barrows Brothers before, now’s the perfect time to grab your spade and start digging!
You don’t need to be a high level to take them on but be warned, the brothers are no push over and should be handled with caution. Since they first arrived in Gielinor, we’ve seen all manner of tactics and guile used to dispatch each brother and so now, we turn to the skilled and successful to share their advice for an upcoming video.
We’ll soon be launching the “Ten Top Barrows Bros. Tips” video and we'll grab together our favourite tips and suggestions you guys send in to be included on the video. This will then be hosted for the world to see on our Official RuneScape YouTube channel .
So if you've got some awesome advice to share then post it here in this thread or alternatively send it in an email to [email protected] with the subject 'Barrows Tips'. All suggestions by the 12th January 2012. All RuneScape Terms and Conditions apply.
Please only send a maximum of two tips.

03-Jan-2012 15:34:40 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2012 09:12:19 by Mod Kathy

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

FAQ

How many tips can I send in?

Please only send in a maximum of two tips. We want to involve as many different peoples suggestions as possible in our video and that means we'll have a lot to read through!
How can I enter?
You can enter by either:
What type of information can I send in?
The sort of things we're looking for are:
  • What equipment to bring
  • The best ways of handling each monster or boss
  • Useful safespots
  • The easiest way to get there.
  • Special trivia you think could be of interest.
Basically we want you to send in any information you think could help someone wanting to give the Barrows a go.
When can I expect the video to be out?
We've no deadline but we're looking to get it onto our RuneScape YouTube Channel as soon as possible after the competition closes.
Can I use this thread to give feedback on the update?
Please don't use this thread for feedback. This thread is to help provide tips for those interested in trying out the Barrows. If you want to give feedback please use the Recent Updates Thread .

05-Jan-2012 13:24:37 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2012 13:55:29 by Mod Crow

Sir Ren Ayde
Feb Member 2021

Sir Ren Ayde

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tip: Kill the brothers in order from strongest to weakest (Their strength based on their special effects). This will prevent your prayer from running dry when you're facing a stronger opponent. ;)
~ Nox Sagittis ~

05-Jan-2012 13:30:06 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2012 15:27:37 by Sir Ren Ayde

The contents of this message have been hidden.

05-Jan-2012 13:32:11

FlashMarsh

FlashMarsh

Posts: 81 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. Try and dispatch Verac as quickly as possible, since he can hit through your prayers and armour. Keep an eye on your prayer when fighting Dharok. Prayer is not really necessary on Torag and Guthan since they are so innaccurate, and they're effects are not that dangerous.
2. When you have completed the 'Branches of Darkmeyer' quest, use the Drakan's medallion to teleport right to Barrows!

05-Jan-2012 13:33:27

JV
Apr Member 2010

JV

Posts: 556 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just kill them all and don't die... and loot the best you can from chest.
Or just say "I'm Chuck Norris give me all you have" and BOOM big profit is coming.
Barrows is so easy these days, you don't even need a spade now just stat boosting pot ant pray pots.And best armor ofc.
:) ;) :P :( :| :@ :O ^_^ :D O_o :) :( :| :| O_o ^_^ :D O_o :) :( :| :D :P ^_^ :@ :P ^_^ :| :| :@ ;) :) O_o :D ^_^ :P :( :| :O ;) :) O_o :D :P ;) :| :@ :@ :) ;) :P :D O_o ^_^ :( :| :@ :O :P ;) :) O_o :D :P ^_^ :( :| :@ ;) :) O_o :D ^_^ :P :( :P ;) :) O_o :D ^_^ :( :O :@ :| :P ;) :D ^_^ :( :

05-Jan-2012 13:33:55 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2012 13:43:41 by JV

Lelu

Lelu

Posts: 4,535 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. For high defence brothers, use slayer dart since it does not require any magic bonuses, so it works well with melee gear.
2. Ahrim lowers your melee stats even though you have protect from magic, so its best to try kill him fast and after killing others unless you use stat boosting potions so you have higher melee stats for karill for example.

05-Jan-2012 13:34:47 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2012 15:02:18 by Lelu

Quick find code: 254-255-45-63490359 Back to Top