Forums

Your Barrows Tips Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-45-63490359

Deej
Nov Member 2005

Deej

Posts: 1,492 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tip: Freezing the melee brother's in place and side stepping around the sarcophagus before they unfreeze will significantly reduce the amount of food and prayer you need. Combine that with using Guthan's armor in the tunnel and you will hardly need any food at all!

05-Jan-2012 13:38:58

Shebeep

Shebeep

Posts: 467 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you're using more than 4 doses of prayer potion/chest you're doing something wrong.
try to kill dharok first and without the use of prayer potions.
I haven't checked the prices much lately.. but black salamander+ harrlander tar are good if you don't to spend thousands/ ice spell cast
try all the brothers with prayer at first, slowly remove them from the "to-be-prayed-on-while-killing" in this order: torag->guthan->verac->ahrim(bring dragonhide).I think some people remove karil too.. haven't tried myself.

05-Jan-2012 13:39:41

Kbear56

Kbear56

Posts: 196 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tips: If you are high enough magic level, bring ice barrage and a polypore staff, for the melee brothers you can use one ice barrage and walk away from the brother to farcast with the polypore staff, this saves runes and prayer as you won't need any prayer to kill a melee based brother. This goes with if the brother is in the tunnels as well. make sure you begin your trip with Karil and Ahrim as you are unable to farcast these brothers, use your special attacks (e.g. Dragon claws, Dragon dagger) to dispatch of these brothers quickly.
Tip 2: Bring a ring of wealth! The Ring of Wealth does not increase the likelihood of receiving a piece of the barrow sets but it allows the chest to give you extra prayer potions, and sharks (These make your trips last for as long as you want with the ice barrage and polypore method mentioned above! (My record is 94 chests in a single trip!))

05-Jan-2012 13:41:46

UselessAlt69

UselessAlt69

Posts: 883 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've seen alot of people suggesting the ring of wealth for better loot. But less experienced players might want to consider safety aswell. Thats why i suggest wielding a ring of life when going through the tombs and tunnels. But when you are about to open the chest, switch to a ring of wealth, which you have in your inventory for better loot.
Another good idea is to wear phoenix necklaces when fighting the barrows brothers. When your life points drop below 20%, it'll raise your life points by 30% of your max LP.

05-Jan-2012 13:42:15

The contents of this message have been hidden.

05-Jan-2012 13:44:11

Yaaami
Aug Member 2023

Yaaami

Posts: 1,318 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tip for max melee, 99 magic and turmoil players. One word. Polypore. Gear up in ganodermics, polypore staff, wealth + utility gear. Start off claw specing karil with range prayer and turmoil. Then activate vecna skull and kill the rest of the melee brothers and akrisae in any order. No prayer activation is necessary here, only soulsplit when needed. Finally, melee ahrim to death and do your tunnel. With a bit of luck and concentration, you can run out and back to karil's mound with your special attack at 90%! So that's a 5 minutes trip with only 2 doses of prayer potions used. Enjoy :)
Thoughts and opinions of a Japanese RuneScape enjoyer c:

05-Jan-2012 13:47:32

Frank Caller
Nov Member 2023

Frank Caller

Posts: 3,949 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you rely on prayer during your kills, wait until the brother is obviously dead before removing your prayer! Remember this especially for Dharok, when he is on his last few HP, he can easily hit 500+ if you aren't praying.

05-Jan-2012 13:47:52

Quick find code: 254-255-45-63490359 Back to Top