Forums

First Weekend of Old School

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907

Immortan Joe

Immortan Joe

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where can I recant my vote...I voted for 2007 but had no intention to play it. It's sad now cause all you haters be making me wish I had not voted...I guess no good deed DOES go unpunished. Let peps play wut they want and stop dogging peps who don't play 07scape... I remember when I was a new to this game and got so much **** cause I did not have the stats...then it kinda of stopped. I only realize now what happened... you old school players had quit. You people don't give anything a chance, whether it's an update or a new player...Your SAD little boys who only have marry and her 5 sisters for girlfriends.

25-Feb-2013 21:08:58

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Right now yes it is the majority, the players from the beginning of Rs till before Eoc playing on Rs2007 yes I would classify that as the Majority."

They're not all playing. At all. Again you've completely ignored what I said. Don't speak for the majority and pull ridiculous statistics out of thin air. Newsflash: the fact the poll hasn't reached 500k yet shows not as many people wanted it as you thought.

"Loyal, those who stuck it out and are still playing even though they have tried to adjust to EoCScape, are still here like myself. Those players who stayed waiting for Jagex to listen to us over the years, the same ones that spreaded the news about Rs2007 coming back, the same people who have brought Jagex a MASSIVE amount of money over the past week. Just because some people quit and moved on after a couple years (because maybe they have lives to live), just because some people stated their opinions doesn't mean they aren't loyal."

You missed a few things. Let's add:
Threatening to quit
Mass flaming
Mass Spamming
Refusing to put up with updates - and thus quitting
Disliking random youtube vids that have nothing to do with 07 and are thus "bad"
Flaming and trolling people who did not vote
Refusing to incorporate others opinions
False claims that the "majority" want 07

I could go on.

25-Feb-2013 21:15:27

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Part 2:

"If they really were not loyal then they wouldn't be paying a single penny for Rs2007 right at this current moment. So how many people came back paid for their game."

If they were loyal they wouldn't have left in the first place. I wouldn't call "loyal" having quit then coming back for a single day in RS history which, i might add, isn't even what you originally asked for. :')

"Runescape is a business they have customers of all ages, the older ones have come back, where's the issue in that? Jagex get their money and they continue to update the game"

Issue: They havn't updated the game. Which is why everybody's ranting here. I suggest you read their posts more carefully.

"eventually the money they gain will be used in EoC everyone knows that. So all in all hate us (the ones that prefer Rs2007) but eventually we will be the majority that pays for your game as well as ours. Why? cos' we have to pay for both."

Again another ridiculous statistic. And yet, you claim you will have to pay for both? So you know that the poll won't reach 500k, and you won't have to pay extra? Well then I guess it's not the majority after all! :')

"Do you understand?"

No, I don't. Your arguments are dripping with plot holes.

25-Feb-2013 21:17:52

Sandman366
Jun Member 2015

Sandman366

Posts: 624 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With EoC I sort've hoped that JaGeX as a company would fail. (Sorry, kinda did.) Wished they'd pull another Classic (like they just did, though the version they used is a little older than I would've pulled, it's okay I guess). I'd barely even thought about RS and was wondering if I should cancel membership and save myself some money.

Then I got an email about Old School, and today, my faith in JaGeX (and actually..*** as a whole) has been restored. Long Live (somewhere between "current" & ) Old School RS!

Edit: Ohh man, that's proper loading screen music. Hope they end up getting it more like a couple of years ago instead of 8, but....this will most definitely do for now.

25-Feb-2013 21:29:52 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 21:31:33 by Sandman366

Sc Jw
Jun Member 2019

Sc Jw

Posts: 1,643 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Haa Haa Jink

"Loyal? I wouldn't call Loyal quitting, whining, flaming, not giving updates a chance and calling them "tragic""

Let's start with 'loyalty to the game'... No such thing. Really. You either like it and you're wiling for pay for it, or you don't, therefore you won't. That simple. As long as a company provides a product/service I'm interested in, then I'm 'loyal' in the only way that matters to a business. I give them money...

As to giving 'updates a chance', been there, done that, how else would I know that I don't like it <sigh>

Now for the updates part. The EoC version of the game [mostly] no longer interests me. I can give you a dozen reasons why that is, but it's just my personal opinion. And when it comes to breaking out the wallet, that's -all- that matters.

You like EoC, great, more power to you, go play it. You don't like 2007, nobody cares, don't play it. And since you aren't playing it, why the heck are you in the old school forums?

The appropriate place for your complaints is in the EoC section.

25-Feb-2013 21:36:24

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907 Back to Top