Forums

First Weekend of Old School

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907

Hebomi
Jul Member 2008

Hebomi

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What is really the point of all this. The way to get back members is to get rid of EOC, not GE, not Wilderness (which already is back). EOC EOC when will you understand that your problemm is EOC. Now you are only diggin your own grawe. I have a problem seeing what your strategi is, if any. Jagex are there really not any competent people with rights to make decisions ? Pardon my english i don't even bother chekkin my spelling, what's the point. :(

26-Feb-2013 00:09:01

Frein2
Jul Member 2008

Frein2

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, now people are complaining there is only 07 post on the homepage. I think its good that Jagex gave the old schoolers a game to play. I was not going to vote for 07 but I changed my mind. I wanted it to be free just in case I decide to play at some point in the future.
I think most people will come back to the current version once they hit mid lvl and have to do all that leveling up again. Plus it was harder to lvl in 07. Either way Jagex listened to the community, even if it was the vocal minority. The other thing that might happen is that a majority of people stick with 07 and then Jagex will have to figure out why and maybe some of the newer content will get fixed.

26-Feb-2013 00:34:13

Chives 42
Dec Member 2017

Chives 42

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just wanted to genuinely thank all of you folks at Jagex that made this possible. I haven't had as much time as I'd have liked to dive back into '07 Runescape, but the small amount of time I spent playing it this weekend was awesome. I was pretty excited when I heard it may come back, but that was absolutely nothing to the pure nostalgic feelings that surfaced when logging in.

I don't really have anything against the current game, I just don't really have the time to play it, but the Old School servers...... they are the game that I instantly fell in love with when I started playing years ago, and the ability to step back in time to enjoy it all over again is an amazing opportunity.

So thanks again!

26-Feb-2013 02:22:51

EmpyreanVale
Jul Member 2023

EmpyreanVale

Posts: 153 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let's get a few things straight:
This post is on the homepage because 2007scape is still related to runescape.
EOC Is falling apart and probably losing jagex money as 60% of the eoc community are bots and another 20-30% are dicers/hosters.
Also if you notice, almost every famous runescape video maker has switched to 07scape and most of them say it's better.
Poll fake or not, those that have voted want to reach the 500k mark and jagex will boost it if they know it's going to make a happy community, after all, when the community's happy the word spreads and they get more Custom, hence more Money.
HAVE FUN IN YOUR SH***Y EOCSCAPE.

26-Feb-2013 03:01:38

S U S A N O
Jun Member 2022

S U S A N O

Posts: 48 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Never had this much fun since, never. Good to be part of this awesome community. Theirs nothing better than to be able to interact with other players and help each others with ones goals.
PS: I should be studying for 2 test i have this week but answer to that is...
Y O L O :P

26-Feb-2013 03:31:38

Delolion

Delolion

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FANTASTIC! i remember just 2 (or 3 now) weeks ago i was flaming Jagex for how bad runescape had gotten.

This, i believe is a step in the right direction for the oldschool RS players (like me and a few of my IRL friends) i bet most of us will more than likely be coming back to the 07' scape

playing it now is so nostalgic :D being on Tutorial Island LOVING THIS :D

Thank you Jagex, for finally listing to what we wanted.

PS: to all playing through TUT island, instead of using skippy, Train every skill you can to Level 3 (max you can get to on TUT island) it will give you a sort of jump-start on the game after you leave

26-Feb-2013 03:42:20

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907 Back to Top