Forums

First Weekend of Old School

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"But let's say it -is- true, why would they do that?

Money, pure and simple. That's the whole purpose of a business. And what is good for Jagex, is good for Runescape (both versions I might add). The more mula they make, the more they can afford to update the games.

And if you were CEO you'd do the same thing. Because you serve at the pleasure of the BOD, and they serve at the pleasure of the stock holders. Which in this case, means IVP and all that implies."

I can't deny this and I'm not going too, because I agree with you.

However, if this really was the main focus of their decision to do what they have done - then this totally destroys all their credibility of caring about their players (which brings us back to why I'm here)

the main reason is, they lied. Plain and simple. They outright stated that the servers would have NO impact on the main game. This is a quest that's READY for release - it just hasn't been pressed on the big old launch button. It makes zero sense.

And their silence on the matter - really, really gets to me.

I disagree with companies that put money first and will actively address them on the issue. I'm doing all I can.

25-Feb-2013 22:50:21

Italzu
May Member 2023

Italzu

Posts: 1,701 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex, you are wrong.

Pur is not on the 1st place anymore.

2007 is bad.

EoC is bad aswell, I only use Momentum...

My personal favourite year was 2010.
And no, I'm not new or anything, started RuneScape in 2004.

Jagex, just bring back some kind of fun unique special attacks to every special attack weapon, and make Momentum's duration at least 60min, 20minutes is way to short, because I hate the button smashing every 20 minutes.

Thanks!

25-Feb-2013 23:02:53

Nimrohd

Nimrohd

Posts: 221 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Another unnecessary post about RelictScape. How about some information about the delay of the biggest quest to come rather than some bragging about the unimportant "popularity" of a zombified game?
Sincerely,
Nimrohd

25-Feb-2013 23:07:00

Sandman366
Jun Member 2015

Sandman366

Posts: 624 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dyna - Yeah, started in 04 myself. Yo-yos are sweet. And I agree, 07 isn't the best version. Just undo EoC and you've got "The Glory Days" in my opinion. (Well, excluding Hitpoints being changed, but learned to live with that, I don't want to learn to live with EoC...) Right around Nex being put in was just about the peak of RuneScape's glory, though not sure how I thought the downward spiral really started. (Probably with that stupid wheel of crap, especially how it ALWAYS starts in my inventory when I ALWAYS move it...*** turned towards cash machine, thankfully it's managing to redeem itself with "Old School" version...)

25-Feb-2013 23:14:20 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 23:16:22 by Sandman366

Elven Athena

Elven Athena

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The only thing I really miss about the "old times" was the community, not necessarily the old graphics, the only nice thing about the 07 servers is that there are so many people playing it. lol, it was nice roaming around and experiencing what I experienced back in 2004 when I started.

25-Feb-2013 23:14:21

Brad 76

Brad 76

Posts: 1,380 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are you guys watching the vote ticker at all, so obviously fake. Will def get to 500k votes because that's what jagex wanted to do from the beginning, they said they wanted it to be free for members, only reason for the vote and tally was to get people worked up in a frenzy, become a member to fake vote in their fake poll, whoever thinks up these marketing schemes....sad.

25-Feb-2013 23:16:44

Raub Ritter

Raub Ritter

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm actually very happy that RS '07 is back.....I actually played when the "New" Runescape came out...way before '07...LOL Back then in '03...Runescape became what is. There were those back then...that did not like the New type and wanted the old way back....But Runescape evovled...
Now we find ourselves with '07 vs. EoC

I was a huge fan of Runescape....I did quit for a while because of all the "Updates"...It was like 5 days a week...so I quit...I continued with F2P from time to time...then they did a few updates I was a fan of....Like the GE and JAGEX really started going after "Bots"....So I rejoined. Since the introduction of EoC, I was seriously considering quitting again. But now that they brought back '07. I will play.

I just hope that they do find a way to get rid of the Roofs in '07. Give us the choice of display options. :-)

There are over 396K yes votes so far...But I doubt the "Yes" votes will reach the 500K mark, so I also doubt, that there will be many...if any updates for '07.
Then JAGEX will return ALL their efforts to EoC...and keep you guys happy for a while.

So Sadly....chances are..*** '07...will go the way of Retro Runescape.
Maybe if JAGEX gets enough positive feedback and membership to the '07 servers...they might bring back some of the "Updates" that did improve the game...but keep it separate from EoC. and never go down that road with the '07 version....maybe make it a new Runescape 2013...Parallel it with EoC???

I think Runescape is big enough to keep both sides happy.

Remember everyone...It's only a game.
Nothing to get your Blood pressure up about ;-)

25-Feb-2013 23:19:14

Sandman366
Jun Member 2015

Sandman366

Posts: 624 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, seriously. Parallel with EoC, but without EoC**** is plenty big enough for that. (Though basing profiles with current servers would be nice, kinda boring to go through everything again to such a degree....)

(Edit: Why does it bleep a period, then a space, then "RS"? JaGeX, your censor is broken again...)

25-Feb-2013 23:38:11 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 23:39:18 by Sandman366

I O_o l
Oct Member 2023

I O_o l

Posts: 115 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I expect this kind of behaviour from children. (coming out in suits, remaining silent during an issue)

You are a legit business, where is the professionalism?

I pay you my hard earned money to play the game I want! not YOUR EOC GARBAGE!!!

utter trash. too bad so sad you wasted your money on something nobody wanted in the first place.

I'm sure you've got it back by now with your little scheme to force people to buy membership.

Can somebody answer me this question?? -- Can I really not play old RS right now???

25-Feb-2013 23:53:18

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907 Back to Top