Forums

First Weekend of Old School

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907

Sc Jw
Jun Member 2019

Sc Jw

Posts: 1,643 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Haa Haa Jink

"These "2 million" people who viewed it show one thing: A fraction of a percentage of these people actually voted for it. "

That's true, but not for the reason you are attempting to imply here. The majority of those that viewed the vote page, but didn't vote, wasn't because there wasn't a 'NO' option on it.

It was because they -couldn't- vote without being members. You will of course say 'well buy membership then!". I personally agree with that, and I did, money where the mouth is and all of that.

But many, if not most, either A) were unwilling to until after they see how this settles out (hard feelings against Jagex), or B) couldn't, at least not in the time frame available (kids, foreign countries, low on cash).

You are slamming people for stating opinion as fact (statistics, which game will be bigger, etc), while simultaneously doing the same thing yourself.

25-Feb-2013 22:07:47

Vannara
Oct Member 2021

Vannara

Posts: 2,127 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just want to tell you Jagex a huge thank you from me personally. Right when I heard you guys were opening up 2007 servers, well... Let's just say I never hopped and my car and sped off to Gamestop faster lol! Jokes aside, I really just want to tell Jagex personally how much I appreciate them bring these servers back for us to enjoy. I was kind of getting fed up with regular runescape, so I had quit back in Nov 2012. :( BUT!! This update has once again pulled my immediate attention back to you guys. Really keep up the good work!!!

And on topic about the Achievement Diaries, I had a real quick question. Why on earth isn't there a Lumby Diary?!? I am almost positive that was the first one released. Hope that gets figured out. But thank you anyways for giving us atleast one diary. :)
WE ARE...
Forever Home
!
-OSRS Community Admin

Help keep your account safe by following all of the safety guidelines! :)

25-Feb-2013 22:13:03

Sandman366
Jun Member 2015

Sandman366

Posts: 624 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ya'll, either enjoy or hate the fact that OSRS is here to stay.

You don't have to play it, you don't have to acknowledge it. It's not going to mess with "real" game that much because it's going to get it's own dev team (it's likely anyway).

@Whomever asked what EoC was: the update that made RS have the "action bar".

25-Feb-2013 22:13:14

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's true, but not for the reason you are attempting to imply here. The majority of those that viewed the vote page, but didn't vote, wasn't because there wasn't a 'NO' option on it.

It was because they -couldn't- vote without being members. You will of course say 'well buy membership then!". I personally agree with that, and I did, money where the mouth is and all of that.

But many, if not most, either A) were unwilling to until after they see how this settles out (hard feelings against Jagex), or B) couldn't, at least not in the time frame available (kids, foreign countries, low on cash).

You are slamming people for stating opinion as fact (statistics, which game will be bigger, etc), while simultaneously doing the same thing yourself.

Actually - and I will admit this is a slight error on my part - I was simply trying to point out that that percentage who visited the page doesn't really show support for it - it shows interest in it. Good, or bad. I checked on the vote multiple times just to see if it had reached a certain point yet.

At the same time, yes, some are free members, but some are also like me, who just visited to read it.

We cannot accurately gauge this and therefore this "2 million" seems like a redundant number, as it doesn't really show anything.

I will, however, state that perhaps I should have been more specific on that. So my bad there.

25-Feb-2013 22:14:45

A Kokiri

A Kokiri

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@All the people complaining about them not doing anything with the main game.

You're all a bunch of girls, it's one week out of an entire effing year that they are not working on your game. Cry about it, if it's going to make them money they are going to do it. Quit complaining that you don't have an update in a single week. This is a new thing and it's a big thing so it's going to be filling up their time until the poll is over. Crymore you babies #WAAHHHHHH

25-Feb-2013 22:18:25 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 22:19:15 by A Kokiri

A Kokiri

A Kokiri

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@All the people complaining about them not doing anything with the main game.

You're all a bunch of girls, it's one week out of an entire effing year that they are not working on your game. Cry about it, if it's going to make them money they are going to do it. Quit complaining that you don't have an update in a single week. This is a new thing and it's a big thing so it's going to be filling up their time until the poll is over. Crymore you babies #WAAHHHHHH

25-Feb-2013 22:18:31

Sc Jw
Jun Member 2019

Sc Jw

@Haa Haa Jink

"^^ thats a screenshot, by the way. I can't link you to it because someone uploaded it to a social media website, but it's there, and its real."

First, you have no proof that it is. You have any idea how quickly I could make a graphic up that would look real as hell? Second, it could very well be an excuse to use as they were pulled off to work on Hasbro's game. Or any of various other reasons I can think up off the top of my head.

But let's say it -is- true, why would they do that?

Money, pure and simple. That's the whole purpose of a business. And what is good for Jagex, is good for Runescape (both versions I might add). The more mula they make, the more they can afford to update the games.

And if you were CEO you'd do the same thing. Because you serve at the pleasure of the BOD, and they serve at the pleasure of the stock holders. Which in this case, means IVP and all that implies.

"I don't care for it so I came here to register my issues with it."

Since you don't play it, unless you are suggestion improvements that would cause you to, then you have nothing to say about it. In which case, again, you are in the wrong forum section.

"The issues that effect the version of the game I play are due to 07. So i'm here. "

And EoC is affecting the 2007 version, does that mean I should go rant in their forums?

25-Feb-2013 22:25:48

Sc Jw
Jun Member 2019

Sc Jw

@Haa Haa Jink

"We cannot accurately gauge this and therefore this "2 million" seems like a redundant number, as it doesn't really show anything.

I will, however, state that perhaps I should have been more specific on that. So my bad there."

There we go, with the exception of being in this side of the forums, that's all I've been saying. We don't -know- anything, Jagex has always been awfully tight lipped. We can take some rough guesses, like how many members there by looking at hiscores and eliminating 'trial' accounts, but we don't know squat.

And they aren't going to tell us either :P

25-Feb-2013 22:31:30

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907 Back to Top