Forums

Future of RS Q&A Transcript

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144

[#CFI17NR7X]

[#CFI17NR7X]

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
An idea for an update, or RS3. It would be awesome if there was something you could do with running. Mabye adding a running skill. Which makes you move fast with more weight on. Or being able to run fastly over unstable tiles for instance. Or that you could get more running points. Just an idea. Hope you will consider it!

10-Oct-2012 22:38:13

Tifir
Jul Member 2023

Tifir

Posts: 6,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"MMG: Well we were going to do that on mobile. We are working on a project for RuneScape which does exactly that. As you play this content offline it helps you support your character online. "

"Mark: Again, these are some really early discussions right now. It’s a really cool idea. Imagine that you’ve been playing on your PC at home and then you’re on the way to work; you’re on the train. Wouldn’t it be really cool if you could carry on interacting with the game that would be really cool and fun to play? Who knows? You could earn some stuff in the game that you could then use in RuneScape whether that was gold or XP or anything like that. IT would just be a really cool thing to do. We would love for our players to be able to interact with the game and also interact with the community no matter where they were. What if you had a little app on your iPhone where you could still log in to RuneScape, still talk to your friends, look at the prices on the Grand Exchange, those kinds of things? It would be other ways for people to still be connected to their avatar even though they’re not sat in front of their PC at home, and that would be really cool stuff to do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds really cool.
It would probably be a good idea to integrate this with the Jagex News app.
If there was a way to buy membership, runecoins, and spins as an in-app purchase(as in use to app store money to buy that stuff using the app), that would be really awesome.
Not just for me, I know there are other people who have wanted to use their app store money to buy membership and other stuff.

11-Oct-2012 02:34:16

Eddy Razor
Feb Member 2008

Eddy Razor

Posts: 901 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to hear there are no plans to raise more skill caps to 120. I've got 7 skill capes and for most of them I'm glad to use them without having to worry about xp any more, but construction is different. It is my favourite skill, but having reached 99 its a dead skill (thank you for the free planks with Morytania pants by the way, it makes getting those construction rocks much less frustrating).
So please think again about raising the construction cap. I liked the idea of villages. I have been thinking about a potential high level construction diversion (after some more vampire quests): rebuilding Meiyerditch. This could be both aesthetic, with a wide range of expensive building plans, and defensive, with high level recalcitrant vampires breaking through the walls to attack players and destroy the rebuild as they try to regain control of their bloodsacks; a sort of high level Shades of Moreton thing.
Just an idea, no idea about the mechanics of it. Please think again about ways of making construction relevant to us 99s. Thank you.

12-Oct-2012 01:43:13

fafoul
Dec Member 2023

fafoul

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i am very dissapointed that there will not be a version of rs2 available after rs3 comes , i can understand that some of the rs players like these new ideas but i think we are forgetting something ,i made this account back in 2005 when the graphics were terrible , there were no minimum or maximum prices for stuff , we did not have dungeoneering , hunting , constuction , summoning ,and much more noboddy cared and people still loved this game for what it was and most important we had THE WILDY !!!!! ... NEW DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN BETTER , DO NOT CHANGE WHAT IS PERFECT!!!!! not that there should not have been changes over all these years like the G.E. was the best improvement of this game to me or the new magic attacks are cool and much more .but please guys make a version of rs2 available after rs3 !!! i think a lot of people would be happy to know that they will still be able to play there favorite game after all these big changes that are about to come ,

13-Oct-2012 01:05:31

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144 Back to Top