Forums

Future of RS Q&A Transcript

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144

RIPanda

RIPanda

Posts: 4,505 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We're getting hit with the cosmetic from every angle. Having dragons breath fire on me doesn't do much for my skin but I'm not ugly! I don't need that much cosmetic! Prevention is always better that a cure! If cosmetic items had a use they would still look pretty and do their cosmetic job but I wouldn't need to cover up the dragon breath burns >.<

Any plans to make any cosmetic items useful?
6/2(1+2)=
6/2*1(1+2)=

NEIN!

13-Oct-2012 19:27:48 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2012 19:58:04 by RIPanda

Vivil

Vivil

Posts: 1,000 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks "Mod Anon".

I've always loved the future aspect of RuneScape. It's one of the reasons why I love this game. It keeps changing and evolving.
As someone recently said (concerning EoC) "organisms which doesn't evolve die".
"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."
-Jagex rule on RWT in 2012

13-Oct-2012 21:03:40 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2012 21:04:27 by Vivil

Galahad Sir
Feb Member 2006

Galahad Sir

Posts: 4,594 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't help thinking that so many times in this livestream we heard MMG saying "yes that would be great, but we just don't have enough developers to work on it at the moment, they're all busy on other things."

And these "other things", particularly the EoC, are falling behind schedule too, 3 weeks between updates instead of 1, events hurried out at the last minute, bigger problems not addressed.

So it would seem that, in spite of them "doubling the size of the team" (although it's not doubled yet, MMG admitted they have many unfilled vacancies from all the CM Jmods who left because they couldn't stand being forced to lie to players any longer), all the devs at Jagex are overworked and don't have time to properly do the projects they are working on, let alone the ones they'd like to and should be doing.

However

Any idiot can see that SoF and Solomon updates continue to come out on time, every time, without delay, nothing can stop them. They are number one priority, and distant second is anything else that is actually good for the game.

MMG says it's only 15% of the workforce on Micropayments, but who can believe him after so many lies? Even if this claim is true, 15% of devs, artists, testers etc. could really give the current projects a boost, and allow some of those "really cool but we don't have the time" updates everyone wants to get done too.

But it's never going to happen, the people in charge of Jagex won't let their money making schemes get delayed for even one week for the good of the game.

Every week SoF and Sol content comes out on time, and every other part of the game suffers because of it.

No amount of MMG lies can hide this fact.

15-Oct-2012 05:52:40

13 Zombie666

13 Zombie666

Posts: 9,683 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was told that when Jagex recruits for player moderator, that they give each account a thorough investigation before giving that player pmod status.

What if a player who really hates bots one day said a few bad things to every bot at the runite ore spot in the Dwarven mines resource dungeon.

Bad things like,

Gtfo Botter, this is my spot.
Then spamming them up with Get, Get, Get, Get, Get.

What if it was just a one time thing and that player did that to let off some steam at the bots? What if this player is also really helpful in game and on the forums and follows the rules the best he can and helps out other players when he can.

Would that player have a lesser chance of becoming a pmod?
Report OSRS Skilling Bots | Report a Bug | Boost Account Security | Hijacking, Recovery & Security

16-Oct-2012 02:52:56

MasterDartz

MasterDartz

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is it a question of if or when, we are going to see a greater emphasis on Armadyl? I feel like he has been neglected especially compared to other gods. Only Seren and Jas seem to be more of an unknown compared to him.

Also in the future I would like to see players able to publicly align themselves with a god and be able to engage in different activities representing them. Combat is one example but Castle Wars is not enough IMO. Maybe you could do a God Wars Dungeon style game where players can fight for their god alongside the monsters/NPC's that represent them.

16-Oct-2012 15:38:59

The contents of this message have been hidden.

16-Oct-2012 17:02:41

Spike ta Fox

Spike ta Fox

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
and so there will be no FAQ for the Scary Bonus XP Weekend? oh and no mods plan on even contributing to the already 100+ pages of the discussion forum there where no one knows whats going on? so i'll just say it was a very horrible trick u pulled, just to sell a few spins for those unneeded resource boxes in SoF..... SoF should have needed items not "things u think u might be able to make actual money off people for" no ones gonna want to buy spins if they keep getting 1-25k a spin off cash reward and seaweed and stuff

17-Oct-2012 01:58:08

Bored One

Bored One

Posts: 8,288 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My question is regarding Question 19:

19. As new quests and features now include more and more voice acting, will you be looking to redo all the quest dialogues with voice-acting in the future to bring everything up-to-date?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Jagex also be adding voice acting for player characters as well in the future?
¸„»°'´`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Bored One `'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´`'°«„¸
¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸¸„»°'´ Proud General of Libra `'°«„¸¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸

19-Oct-2012 03:14:08

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144 Back to Top