Forums

Future of RS Q&A Transcript

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144

Robby 1012

Robby 1012

Posts: 122 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i have question for mod mike.
if this isnt rs3 or if it is why not keep runescape2 as runescape2 with the old combat way, the same way u left runescape classic as runescape classic? i mean i like the eoc in some aspects but pking isnt the same as old combat style. it was so much easier with the old combat style!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

05-Feb-2013 18:59:38

Cirdread

Cirdread

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been wondering lately, about the future of runescape. I have played runescape since classic. and I was thinking about the sleeping bags that we used. Have you guys ever talked about making some kind of encampment skill. building shelters. Also I though about adding a set of caves in the wild. Another idea I had was a while ago before Player Owned Ports even came about of shipmaking. And maybe making the runescape map a complete globe. With on water battles and pirating. with a wild on sea. adding several new island and burried treasure with lost relics. I was still hoping you guys will look into the possibility of adding a lumber yard south of the yew trees in catherby. A few Ideas I had for new Npc's Include Harlets that Transform into Harpies. And While Fishing you can catch a mermaid. And with shipmaking add Sirens, Squid Monster, Ship Net Fishing, New Possible Water Spirit/God. Add Lightning/Shock Spells. Magic and Ranged weapon, Orbital Explosive. Glass orb (sphere) that has rune dust and an overload potion. Equip as you would arrows. Throw at target. Use slingshot, or wand.

11-Feb-2013 08:14:17

Avianse

Avianse

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When is Runescape getting rid of EOC thats all i want to know...or jagex just likes to lose players and face loss on their bussiness part..a game where there were millions of people came online ( even after the removal of bots..so bots not counted ) now there r handful of like 52,514 people online as im typing it here..Runescape has been the game of its own kind,simplest and fun then why are you making its gameplay so jammed and heavy like world of warcraft or gates of andaron where there r just graphics and abilities but u cannot find anyone walking around other that urself even if u play it for like 2-3 hrs ( soon that day is about to come )...you are a jagex mod and i wud demand to know why u cannot get rid of EOC even when u know that many people left coz of it

13-Feb-2013 08:10:47

Avianse

Avianse

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you are right...they dont seem bothered about us old school players...they just *anna listen to those who speak in their words ...for example mindless new players who doesnt even actually know wat runescape stands for !

13-Feb-2013 08:12:29

Talid

Talid

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All these updates sound absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see them for myself!

However I feel that it was not clear how the concept of multiple characters per account will be applied. I'm sure you are aware that many players do own multiple accounts for the sole purpose of having more than one character and any of theses players pay for a membership for more than one account. Do you plan on allowing players to import the character from a preexisting account to another assuming they own both? I'm sure no one wants to continue having to pay multiple membership fees just so their previous hard work will not go to waste while others who use they new feature (and having more than one character for the first time) will only have to pay for one account but still have more than one character. Unless you plan on adding an additional fee equal to the original membership fee per character, it seems hardly fair for some players being forced to pay extra for the same privilege as someone who doesn't need to pay (nor to me as i do indeed have two accounts and pay membership for both).

Other than that minor concern of mine, you guys are looking good jagex! ^_^

16-Mar-2013 04:43:54

tidasf10
Nov Member 2023

tidasf10

Posts: 1,301 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
to me eoc is like taking a dump so rs the way its joining is a big pile of dumppp!!!!!!!!!!! HATE ITTTTTT and flush it. i would like to have a pole on who like rs before hp went to taking a dump- just like eoc. i bet you will get double the votes then old school aka 07 did. dont get me wrong i love old school- but i would love to see summon skill here. i absolutely loved summon. before eoc dump hit. i was 132 combat and 99 preyer, 99 summon, 99 mage, 88 range, 95 hp, 97 att, 93 str, 93 def- but other with same combat lvl had 99 att, str, def exc had low summon lvls. this set me aside. i bragged being that high . i love to skill more then kill.and a 2340 total lvl and i took a 8 month break when hp changed to takin a dump and when eoc was eminent i quit a few months. i heard it was postponed. then joined again. then quit when it implemented and did not join again till about 5 or 6 days ago. I HATE EOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want it reversed.

16-Mar-2013 12:16:49

Bake
Oct Member 2023

Bake

Posts: 636 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They talked about it so long ago yet so many of my friends were surprised about it when it was officially announced. I guess it's exciting no matter when you hear it! Can't wait till the summer! "Let them Bake Pie"

25-Mar-2013 04:18:50

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144 Back to Top