Forums

Future of RS Q&A Transcript

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144

nazarene
Jul Member 2023

nazarene

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
just wondering: are the sill capes ever going to get a new look? cause I really think the way they look now is awesome, and with all the changes that have been made (all good changes) i am hoping skill capes don't get edited as-well.

09-Oct-2012 15:01:18

milestone he

milestone he

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"6. You re-released Classic. Will you ever re-release other versions such as the 2004-2006 period?

MMG: No.

Mark: There we go. We’re interested in the future. We’re interested in making cool content for the future, not looking back at the past."

this is why you are losing your playerbase, some things are better left perfect.

you guys are too stupid too understand, as "workers" and not players, that we (the players) do not want to see better graphics or more complex combat systems.

on a side note, i have botted most if not all my skills aside from dungeoneering, not because i am lazy, but it adds excitement too this otherwise boring game that runescape has become.

i also havent purchased any spins on the squeel of fortune, or any runecoins.

i have also ended my membership.

you can ban me for 1 of 3 reasons, choose wisely.

09-Oct-2012 18:22:19 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2012 18:28:28 by milestone he

Vamprite

Vamprite

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Question for a JMod, or whoever actually can answer this TRUTHFULLY...

You said in other forums that you can't make EOC and RuneScape in different servers while updating both, however, you seem to have no troubles updating the Beta and live game at the same time. I'd like to know, what the difference between updating beta and live game and EOC and RS at the same time is. This is an honest question coming from someone who HAS tried both, but really dislikes the Beta. I think it's just proving the fact that you have started to sell out, sadly... I really used to like this game. I just wish to know why JaGeX is going to put the EOC in after all of the negative feedback from the beta, and why there HONESTLY can't be seperate servers.

09-Oct-2012 21:21:33

Angel Guzman

Angel Guzman

Posts: 316 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Vamprite:

Q1: "What is the difference between updating Beta and Live game, and EOC and RS at the same time is?"
A1: Beta is updated once each 2-3 weeks, Live game is updated each 1-2 days. If you want that Jagex maintains this update rate for each game, I'm sorry but it's impossible.

Q2: "Why JaGeX is going to put the EOC in after all of the negative feedback from the Beta?"
A2: Firstly, If you want a more elaborated repsonse form a JMod, see the "Evolution of Combat Transcript" thread (QFC: 14-15-652-64012690).
Jagex has stated three answers for this:
- They had put too much effort, money and time to ***** it all.
- RuneScape cannot survive too much time with an OBSOLETE system, and they can't do any new upgrate to it without the need of this new system.
- Negative feedback doesn't help to improve the game. Ranting, complaining, saying opinions can't do anything. If you want a better RuneScape, give sugestions and feedback to upgrate the EoC. If you can't do that, simply quit.

Q3: Why there HONESTLY can't be seperate servers?
A3: Because three main reasons:
- One of the vertions of the game will gain more popularity that the other, and slowly this second vertion will go dead (as it happened with RS Classic). That's a waste of money for Jagex, too.
- Two vertions of the same game cannot subsist at same time sharing the same character, as one of them will have contnet that the other doesn't; this will lead to the (unfair) advantage of the user of the lastest vertion.
- Updating two vertions at same time will worth twice the money, twice the employees, twice the work.

Any other question, seach in QFC: 14-15-652-64012690. I hope I helped you.

09-Oct-2012 23:29:31

Andi

Andi

Posts: 4,831 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty great news on the moderation part, but how will this work for forum mod recruitment? The roles are quite similar, but obtaining them are different in a few manners.

Cheers,
~Andi
(¸„‹•*˜
Andi
˜*•›„¸)

09-Oct-2012 23:42:48

[#2AGPLNEPT]

[#2AGPLNEPT]

Posts: 1,362 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To any Jmod:

Question 41 said that fletching will be changed, does that mean at some point that part of it will be very limited in f2p?

we already have runecrafting for runes, smithing for armor and weapons, but nothing for arrows.

will f2p be forever forced to use the ge for everything?

10-Oct-2012 07:01:44 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2012 07:02:38 by [#2AGPLNEPT]

Quick find code: 254-255-222-64213144 Back to Top