The Myreque

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Posts: 512 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Recent Events Noticeboard - Latest Public Occurrences - As of 15th of Wintumber
Page 1/2

The following are the latest unusual, peculiar or simply the most interesting incidents which have happened lately in and around the Burgh de Rott area, and are potentially available for members of the myreque to investigate in their free time, or should they feel the need for "in-the-field" training. Of course, some of these could simply be random happenings which have no relevance to anything.
Please report any unusual sightings to whoever is currently running the noticeboard.

Burgh De Rott Area -

-Relevance:
Resolved

-Details: The Mort Myre Ridge Mine was recently the source of a ripper demon infestation. After a small ripper demon (Which turned out to be the child of the summoner) was found and killed within the town, a team was sent down to clear the mines of any other demons.

The "summoner" of the demons was killed, as well as the ripper demons which inhabited the mine, however another demon who identified itself as "Sylar", caused an explosion within the mines and may still be at large. If anyone comes across this demon, under no circumstances attempt to fight it on your own.
Thoughtcrime doesn't entail death. Thoughtcrime IS death.

08-Dec-2015 11:42:41 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2015 04:53:36 by Last Deterro

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Posts: 512 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Recent Events Noticeboard - Latest Public Occurrences - As of 15th of Wintumber
Page 2/2

Canifis-

-Relevance:
Medium

-Details: There have been rumors of an odd vampyric statuette, recently unearthed, trading hands between merchants. The rumors say that the statue is both cursed and simultaneously powerful to whomever holds it. Whether these are just the tales of a merchant trying to up the price of a lump of trash is unknown.
-Notes: The statuette is supposedly made of black-and-red reflective materials, appearing semi-transparent similar to volcanic glass, and appears to be of a female vyrelord feeding on a human. Any details than that are, as of yet, unconfirmed.

Viggora's Folly, "The Slayer Tower"-

-Relevance:
Very low
Medium Medium-High

-Details: Further investigations into the "mysterious stranger's shack" showed that the shack in question had been lived in for some time, even had traps set up inside, however upon investigation the traps were disabled and everything of value had been stolen. A painting acting as a switch was accidentally tripped, revealing a secret room, however this secret room too had also been cleared of anything valuable, particularly and and all documentation.
It is currently unknown if this was the house of the murderer of the couple in mort'ton, or if it was another one of their victims. However, it is suspected that this may also link to the "Ripper Demon" issue in Burgh De Rott.
Thoughtcrime doesn't entail death. Thoughtcrime IS death.

08-Dec-2015 11:49:32 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2015 06:21:15 by Last Deterro

xLightning
Dec Member 2023

xLightning

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Athena Stern's Private Journal
Essianday, Wintumber , 11th, 6A 3
Part 1/2

-scribbles- So it has come to this, I'm writing a journal to pass the endless time here.. In all my life I never thought I'd be the girl who keeps a diary but my boredom surprisingly pleads for it now.
And I thank the little girl in town I met, she lets me call her "Decari", for giving me this blank paged book in the first place.. She's been almost the only slightly-human thing to pass through here except for Connor and Elzbeth in weeks…
Speaking of which, it's outrageous! I must be "grounded" for about ten weeks now, after what happened with Marko and the weapons order. I understood at first but now I can't bare it! Mark my words the moment I have a chance to speak with Cal, I'll argue my right to be put back on assignments again.. Anything to get me out of the borders of Burgh', even for a little while.

Though I've also been graced by the presence of Connor every so often. Like the others he disappeared off but eventually he came back and now we have an agreement-of-sorts going on, I'm getting some much needed specific training.
The many prior months I spent with Theodan were an aid to me, no doubt, but I was still highly unprepared for any vyre encounters when I got here a few months ago.. I don't want to be a helpless damsel in distress after all.. So of all people, of course I can turn to Connor to guide me.. and even be a friend again.. I missed him.

It's been a while since our last meeting, but I discovered a notice out by the well the other day, it would seem everyone intends to return soon. Honestly I find myself awaiting it, socializing is a need, I now know.. But I'm also nervous, I wonder if everyone still dislikes me?

09-Dec-2015 13:39:33 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2015 14:24:13 by xLightning

xLightning
Dec Member 2023

xLightning

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Athena Stern's Private Journal
Essianday, Wintumber , 11th, 6A 3
Part 2/2

It's getting late and this little place is a mess since it's raining again, I also hate being stuck here . This little shack, if you can even call it that, is the worse of places in town. Sure, I understand that the Myreque want this place looking run-down to keep the vyres away, but surely there's such a thing as "too much"..at least Connor told me that I'd be able to get into the base soon enough. I wonder what that'll be like..
I fixed up what I could around town with all the time, otherwise I was also evening out the food supplies or obtaining myself a slight collection of books. Thanks also to Theodan for lighting the interest of reading to me, I tried to find books here that may have information to more educate me about this history and the affairs at hand but wreckage has proved to be a nuisance.
I'm rather proud of myself too towards the food supply. Now we've got enough food to last for a few weeks at least, since there's a very small demand for food for the time being.
Anyway.. I have not much else to say.. This wasn't so bad, I think I'll give it fair trial. Given the bloody rain doesn't bring this to a short end and result in another ruined book to add to the fire pile..
-scribbles-

09-Dec-2015 13:42:52 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2015 14:24:27 by xLightning

Eryn Silver

Eryn Silver

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Screen-Name: Eryn Silver

Time Zone: Eastern

Character Name: Syethis Tadhiel

Character Race: Human

Brief History: Syethis grew up in Rellekka, until her parents didn't come back from an exploration to Daemonhiem. She was sent to live with a friend of her father's named Raffaele. Raffaele was a nobleman who owned a mansion just north of Seer's Village. Syethis grew up watching Raffaele train in the art of being a swordsmen, she would mimic his tactics in her room using a candlestick instead of a sword. Raffaele would go on occasional business trips, Syethis was interested in finding out where he went, so she followed him. At the age of fifteen, Syethis was trailing Raffaele to the outskirts of Morytania where he met with a trader, the trader stabbed Raffaele, then ran into Morytania with the goods. Syethis chased the trader through Morytania after grabbing a sword strapped to Raffaele's back. She was able to catch up with him once he was far into the swamps. She killed the man in rage for killing the only "family" she had. Syethis would spend the next few years in Mortyania, having nowhere else to go.
(This is brief compared to the other document I wrote o-o)

10-Dec-2015 18:29:06

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Posts: 8,316 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eryn Silver said :
Screen-Name: Eryn Silver

Time Zone: Eastern

Character Name: Syethis Tadhiel

Character Race: Human

Brief History: Syethis grew up in Rellekka, until her parents didn't come back from an exploration to Daemonhiem. She was sent to live with a friend of her father's named Raffaele. Raffaele was a nobleman who owned a mansion just north of Seer's Village. Syethis grew up watching Raffaele train in the art of being a swordsmen, she would mimic his tactics in her room using a candlestick instead of a sword. Raffaele would go on occasional business trips, Syethis was interested in finding out where he went, so she followed him. At the age of fifteen, Syethis was trailing Raffaele to the outskirts of Morytania where he met with a trader, the trader stabbed Raffaele, then ran into Morytania with the goods. Syethis chased the trader through Morytania after grabbing a sword strapped to Raffaele's back. She was able to catch up with him once he was far into the swamps. She killed the man in rage for killing the only "family" she had. Syethis would spend the next few years in Mortyania, having nowhere else to go.
(This is brief compared to the other document I wrote o-o)

Looks good. I'll set up a meeting in-game with you to get you introduced.
Can't earn Slayer xp anymore.

10-Dec-2015 20:18:43

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Posts: 8,316 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rologarth said :

Calsidiu's Log
Erysail, Wintumber 16th

Yesterday we neutralized the Ripper Demon threat in the Abandoned mine. Connor, Elzbeth, Marko, Guther, myself, and... well, we've taken to calling it Handelmort. He helped too, I suppose. I had Handelmort recon the mine, but all he managed to do was bring back what I assumed was the ghost of a girl controlling the demons. She theatened me and rallied her demons in the mines.

Shortly after, I amassed my team and we delved into the mines. Thank the gods that I knew how to handle Rippers, otherwise it would have been a bloodbath. We reached one of the lower levels that contained the altar, a ripper claw, and the ghost. Our initial volley of holy water showed my assumption to be wrong, and that she was still flesh. She infected herself with a bandage from the claw and sent her two demons after us.

We dodged their initial pounce and managed to mop them up quickly due to our numbers. I charged the girl when I saw her trying to let some of the bandage get away and killed her. Then, a rotting corpse rose and protected the altar until the claw disappeared. It then attacked me after raising a barrier to keep my comrades at bay.

I was able to disable the thing with the help of Elzbeth and Marko, the latter of which took a good hit for me. It then readied to detonate itself, and Guther, Connor, and I had to leave Marko and Elzbeth behind while he tried to save her, and she tried to contain the explosion.

Luckily, everyone made it out alive. Elzbeth and Marko teleported out just in time. She did come back with an interesting tidbit that seemed to concern Connor. The being's name that was pulling the strings... It was called Sylar. I haven't heard anything good about it. But he's a problem for a different day. Now, we rest, resume normal operations, and keep an eye out for this Sylar and his machinations.
Can't earn Slayer xp anymore.

11-Dec-2015 15:57:13 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2015 15:57:48 by Rologarth

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Posts: 172 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Quintilious "Quinny" Iowerth

Race: Elf

Brief Background: A bitter veteran of the elf civil war, he abandoned the city for awhile to wander before events led him back home. After slowly reintegrating himself into elven society, he was sent with his partner to the foreign land of Morytania to gather knowledge and skill against the creatures that dwell there. Events led to another, and eventually, him missing in action after being rescued. Remaining in the myre for months, fighting to survive and developing his skills in this unfamiliar harsh land on his own. He was recently rescued and given the news that the expedition to save his life cost him everything back home, so he decided to remain, and further hone his skills. Peace never sat well with him anyways.

Abilities: Being an elf, he has superior hearing, possibly keener eyesight, and above average agility. Possess the knowledge to take down various beasts and has access to the equipment needed to do so, or can request it.

Skills: Primarily an archer with a bow or crossbow. Skilled in hand to hand combat with halberds, pikes, and daggers. Skilled in basic first aid and survival skills. Is a terrible cook, with a specialty and possible preference for rats. Prefers stealth and guile to strength and force, and is not unskilled in using it.

12-Dec-2015 01:51:39

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150 Back to Top