Rologarth

Posts: 8,316 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rologarth said :

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡[
The Myreque
]‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Myreque Communique
Gullday, Bennath 22, 6A 1

Things go from bad to worse. Samuel, the Zamorakian I found unconscious in the swamps months ago, got into an argument with Maria, our smith, in the Sanguinesti Headquarters while I was speaking with Vertida. When I went to break the two up, Sam began to transform. Before I could draw a weapon, Kalas infiltrated the base and stabbed Sam with a dagger of Wolfsbane. She brought him to the war room where Anabell tied him down. It was a shame that the wolfsbane dagger didn't do a thing to silence his howls of pain. After plenty of discussion, it was decided to let Samuel stay, but under close supervision. Even Maria vouched for the short-sighted lug.

But then, he ran. He burst from the war room as soon as his bindings were cut, knocking down any Myreque in his way and giving the whole base a fright. After much struggle, Kalas and Maria were able to wrangle him back into submission. Unfortunately, the damage was done. His actions proved to Vertida that he was a liability, a risk. A threat. He ordered me to execute Sam on the spot, and detain Kalas should she interfere. Anabell was all too happy to assist me in this matter. I had her bring Kalas aside to leave me alone with Samuel so that I could do the deed. But I couldn't. I couldn't strike down my brother-in-arms.

I trudged over to where Anabell was delaying Kalas and offered to let them escape with their lives. The move required it to look like a struggle, and regrettably I had to take a few licks to sell it. Sam and Kalas were able to escape Meiyerditch with their lives, but they have been branded traitors to the cause and should be attacked on sight. I wish it ended there.

Page 1 of 3

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
Can't earn Slayer xp anymore.

11-Apr-2014 18:04:01 - Last edited on 11-Apr-2014 18:55:38 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique

Not long after Kalas' and Sam's exile, I was sent to Burgh de Rott to help Veliaf set up a perimeter around the town and keep an eye out for the rogue icyene and wolf. On my way into town, I found Sam laying in a pool of blood and silver dust with slash wounds from a sickle. I nearly panicked, as Maria had gone ahead of me to help the Burgh de Rott Order with relief work. After a short search, I found what I had feared. Maria was pretty torn up from beastly claws and barely clinging to life. I did what little I could to patch her up, then went to assess Samuel. It seemed Maria had given him quite the fight and won, but just barely. I tried to rouse Sam from his injuries, but he could barely speak.

Maria had recovered enough to stumble closer to Sam and I, and was more capable of answering my questions. To my disappointment, it was she who struck first. Out of fear, she said. But that is of little consequence now. I considered ending Samuel right then and there, but I couldn't bring myself to it once more. I couldn't bring him into the base either for treatment, as Veliaf is much less forgiving than I. I left him there in a puddle of his own blood. I now know that I made the wrong decision.

After dropping Maria off at the Burgh de Rott base to have them tend to her wounds I scouted the area for Kalas, which turned up nothing. Samuel had dragged himself off as well, only leaving behind bloody mud where he had lain. It was then that I returned to Meiyerditch to try to calm Vertida down. Unfortunately, word of Maria's second encounter with Samuel had preceded me and he was very insistent that Samuel was nothing but a threat.

Page 2 of 3

11-Apr-2014 18:04:06 - Last edited on 11-Apr-2014 18:55:25 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique

I was disheartened by how adamant Vertida was on the subject, but I understood his reasoning. Despite all the mercy I had shown Kalas and Sam, they continued to compound the issue with their renegade actions. Veliaf and Vertida agreed to send scouts out into the marshes to hunt down the two rogues. They, and I, knew the first place to look, the most likely place for them to be: The Grotto. I stole away that night and made for the Grotto before the scouts could depart Burgh de Rott. Surely enough, Sam and Kalas were there tending Sam's grievous wounds. Oddly, Billy was there as well, rambling as he usually does. However, Sam's injuries were not the same ones that I had seen on him a few days prior.

It was then that he revealed to me that he had gotten drunk and tracked down Maria, attacking her and trying to kill her over their past disputes. Word of this event has likely already reached Vertida and Veliaf, and I will not be able to sway them for mercy any longer. Not that I am very inclined to, anyhow. Sam's and Kalas' actions since their banishment has done nothing but make me lose faith in them both. In a final act of kindness, I warned them that scouts were heading their way with specific orders to detain, or kill, them both. They met with a reaction that I have come to expect from them: hostility. I walked away from them, they had spurned my goodwill for the last time.

I am back in Meiyerditch now, awaiting a trip to Burgh de Rott to welcome a new mercenary. It is likely there that I will receive news from the scouts that were sent to the Grotto, and whether or not there is any hope left for Sam or Kalas.

Page 3 of 3

11-Apr-2014 18:04:09 - Last edited on 11-Apr-2014 18:52:00 by Rologarth

ASpaceMarine

ASpaceMarine

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wish to formally apologize to everyone involved in the recent role-play, most of all to tormund elis. I shouldn't have been role playing after what had happened and I apologize for the way the events transpired, I further more wish to void my even being there tormund, if you will accept that.

12-Apr-2014 07:51:14

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
Twiblick, Bennath 24, 6A 1

It is done. The scouts reported back just after I was introduced to Perceus, our newest addition. Samuel and Kalas had failed to heed my word and the scouting party came upon Sam all by his lonesome. They ambushed him and took him into custody, bringing him to the cave system under Canifis as per my order. While preparing to leave, Castigo and Billy arrived. I was happy to see Cas back on this side of the Salve and ready to fight with us again, but something seemed off. I did not think too hard on it until it was too late.

They accompanied me to where Ebenezer and Grant were detaining Samuel. Upon arrival, I relieved the two of their guard duty and my party set up in the cave. It did not take long for things to go sour. Samuel was tight lipped and secretive, trying to protect Kalas. I knew better, but before I could even act Castigo lashed out at Sam. Until that point, Castigo was arguing for sparing his life. Those were hollow words, as it was his sword that ended my former brother-in-arms right before my eyes. It was over in a flash. No trial. No judgement. No ceremony. Just death. Castigo has changed. He will be welcomed back in the Sanguinesti as a hero for slaughtering the vile wolf that threatened our very security, but I know better.

Today I tracked down Kalas. She was still in the grotto, blissfully unaware of what had transpired. It tore me apart to deliver that news to her. Samuel's death is on my shoulders. I brought Castigo there. I found it hard to look her in the eye. We did not speak much. She collected her things and moved on, another home lost.

Page 1 of 2

13-Apr-2014 06:00:26 - Last edited on 14-Apr-2014 06:14:40 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
Twiblick, Bennath 24, 6A 1

Security will be much tighter from now on. Vertida and Veliaf do not want this happening again. I can understand their concerns, but they cast sideways glances at me. I think they believe me to be at fault, at least partially, for these events. In a way, they are right. Even though I took every precaution and followed every protocol, it was still my recruits that caused these troubles.

All recruits are to be double checked for any signs of lycanthropy or vampyrisim. Supplies are to be more tightly regulated, and disciplinary action is to be duly enforced. We were fairly lax before, but now we have learned that we do not even have the luxury of trusting our own. I hope this dissent blows over. It is not good for morale nor the war effort. Not to mention my mental health.

Page 2 of 2

13-Apr-2014 06:00:33 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2014 06:06:30 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
*wiblick, Novtumber 8, 6A 2

It has been a great many harrowing months since I last had the luxury to sit and detail the events that have transpired. After our unfortunate betrayals by those who infiltrated our ranks, the trust that bound us together dissolved into suspicion, resentment, and deceit. It only took a few weeks for our men to start deserting, too tired of our fight to continue on. The ones that stayed were slowly whittled down by the relentless Vampyres until we were only left with a skeleton crew.

My Chapter is in ruin. They were not ready for the Ghettos of Meiyerditch. As soon as misfortune struck, it was like a floodgate was unleashed upon them. I have only myself to blame for this travesty, and it has taken it's toll. I feel too guilty to eat, and the faces of the fallen haunt me when I lay in my bunk and keep me from rest.

Some time around early Pentember was when the Vyrewatch began raiding the sectors more frequently - and thoroughly. We did not take any chances. We packed our bags and moved out of the city walls, leaving the citizens behind with nothing to hope for. Yet another regrettable decision that keeps me awake at night.

In recent weeks our scouts have assured us time and time again that our base has yet to be compromised, and that the Vyrewatch have once again relaxed their tithing rotations. We were given the go-ahead to return to our posts in Meiyerditch, to try to piece back together our crumbling resistance.

I have heard rumors of a woman baring two sil*thril blades who strikes as fast as the wind haunting the villages up north. If they have any merit, and she is who I think, I may have a viable foundation to restore us to our former glory.

25-Oct-2014 23:24:04 - Last edited on 29-Oct-2014 17:52:47 by Rologarth

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150 Back to Top