Rologarth

Posts: 8,316 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rologarth said :

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡[
The Myreque
]‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Myreque Communique
Essainday, Moevyng 31, 6A 1

The news of recent days has been both astoundingly uplifting and extremely disturbing. On the brighter side of things, a new Chapter of the Myreque has sprung up in the woods east of Canifis; the Hallow Order. I have met with their Lieutenant Xandt and a few of his men over the last several days, coordinating deliveries of excess supplies from my chapter and lecturing them on various useful techniques and the idiosyncrasies of the denizens of Morytania. It is refreshing to see so many fresh new faces in the fight against Drakan's hordes. I remember when I was as green and hopeful as Xandt... I do hope that the swamp does not ravage him as it did me. I even helped Xandt initiate his newest member. To top that off, the werewolves have managed to keep a firm grip on Canifis. I have even managed to avoid any council duties related to this matter as well. I consider that a win all-around.

However, all is not well in these desolate swamps. While awaiting a contact in the Canifis pub, I noticed something awry at the far table. A shady man, one I recognized from an earlier meeting, seemingly had two people hostage, one being my recruit Lyra. I have not seen that girl in many weeks, and rightfully feared for her safety. Billy managed to pass by the bar and noticing the strange predicament, offered his usual brand of help. He used a silverized smokebomb, larger than any I had ever seen deployed before, to aid in the escape of Lyra and her companion. I am unaware of their fate, unfortunately. I was not able to stay long enough to see the result of the scuffle, but my best wishes are with the couple.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
Can't earn Slayer xp anymore.

10-Mar-2014 04:50:50

Delemis

Delemis

Posts: 2,732 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aivas said :
"To insult someone we call him 'bestial. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."

-Isaac Asimov

A formal response to someone who inferred that Vyres were a crueler race than that of Man.

Stil, come party with me, there will be headless chicks, and we both know how much you like headless chicks.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

10-Mar-2014 05:21:38 - Last edited on 10-Mar-2014 05:22:05 by Delemis

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
Ivanday, Moevyng 32, 6A 1

A letter came in last night from the Hollow Order. It seems they are already busy making friends across the Salve, and requested my aid in surveying the swamps for resource deposits. Now, I figured this meant wood, tar, herbs, or some other natural resource, but no. The sod wants swamp gas. Filthy, smelly swamp gas. So Xandt, his man Talon, and myself spent hours scouring the swamp for the most active and abhorrent bogs the Mort Myre had to offer. We found a pair of twin bogs that had plenty of bubbling and a stench so wretched a compost mound would keel over, but Talon was quite keen on using the swamp river for harvesting gas. I advised against the use of the river, as vile, unspeakable horrors reside in its murky waters. Not to mention the traffic from Cyreg Paddlehorn's boat would disrupt any continuous harvesting. In the end, we settled that the benefactor would decide which source to use for his undoubtedly asinine experiments.

After a long day of scouting, Xandt, Anabell and myself decided to enjoy a bit of respite. We built a campfire out in front of the Grotto, keeping us warm during the cold, dark night. To help pass the time we shared old, eerie folktales. Admittedly, I may have gotten a bit carried away with mine. When I reached the crescendo of my tale and gave them a good scare, Anabell launched herself right into the nearby bog and Xandt was left trembling and holding his sickle for dear life. I had to yank Anabell from the bog and shake some sense into Xandt, who still had to spend the night at our base to help settle himself down. Skinwalkers? Come now, those don't even exist. Next thing they'll tell me is that there are hornless unicorns...

11-Mar-2014 21:04:10 - Last edited on 11-Mar-2014 21:11:29 by Rologarth

Icriulis

Icriulis

Posts: 3,059 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Now I know, there is no ooootheeerrrrr love like a moootheerrrr's love for her child... And it hurts so, that something so strong, something because of us, must say goodbye..Ooooohi...Goodbye's the saddest word I'l ever hear.." -Celine Dion

24-Mar-2014 19:12:58

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
Ivanday, Bennath 7, 6A 1

It has been some time since I have had pen and paper. I was called out of the Mort Myre by Veliaf to aid Vertida and Safalaan of the Sanguinesti Chapter in Meiyerditch. Veliaf had received a letter penned by Safalaan informing us that there was some suspicious activity in the tunnels under the massive ghetto. As I was leaving for Meiyerditch, Anabell caught me and would not let me go alone. Despite her poor attempts to quell my reservations, I allowed her to accompany me to the heart of our resistance.

It was a long and arduous journey to the Sanguinesti Headquarters and along our journey, Xandt joined us disguised as an old man. When we arrived, I saw that the Sanguinesti operation was run tight, and for their location, are relatively well-stocked. Their set-up put my grotto to shame. However, all was not as well as I had hoped. As soon as we arrived, I sought out Safalaan to inquire about the letter but only Vertida greeted Anabell and I. Safalaan had gone into hiding after the assassination of Vanstrom and Calsidiu is still nowhere to be seen.

We had to operate under the likely assumption that the letter was a forgery, and a good one at that. Good enough to fool Veliaf. Apprehensive of our situation, Anabell and I set out to find the Meieyrditch Labs and enter the tunnels below the ruined city. Xandt decided to stay behind, not willing to delve into the tunnels. Not far from the building containing the labs, we were beset by a Vyrewatch assassin lurking inside a building. We escaped harried, but not harmed. it was when we came across the labs and the connected tunnels that things took a turn for the worse...

Page 1 of 4

25-Mar-2014 01:54:12 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2015 18:49:03 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
Ivanday, Bennath 7, 6A 1

Those dank, dark tunnels housed horrors I could not have ever imagined. Large behemoths made of twisted flesh and bolts, hastily stapled together and with a blood-lust to rival that of a starved vyrelord. Horrid, ancient medical equipment, some with the remains of their test subjects still strapped tightly to the cold metal. I tried my best to fend off the vile creatures and keep Anabell safe, but there were more than those mutated monsters lurking in the caves. While retreating, we were beset by crawling hands. However, they were vastly different than those at Viggora's Folly. They were far more aggressive and powerful, and somehow even more dead.

Backed into a corner, I was forced to use an experimental bomb that Billy had designed for Vampyre killing. I greatly underestimated Billy's ingenuity, and the blast nearly killed Anabell and I. The blast dislodged parts of the ceiling and shattered a gurney, causing the metal to fragment and impale Anabell's leg. I slung her arm across my shoulder and we made as quick of an escape as we could. However, in our haste, we took a wrong turn and ended up where I assume the failed experiments were thrown. Graves were scattered across the room, with one tomb raised on high. I set Anabell down to investigate the area and noticed that the drops of blood from her wounds were drawn to these strange rocks in the back of the chamber. They were worn into a rough skull-shape, but I did not have long to look into them. Anabell lost consciousness as the stones drew her blood and the raised coffin stirred behind me.

Page 2 of 4

25-Mar-2014 01:54:25 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2014 02:57:41 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

The Myreque

Myreque Communique
Ivanday, Bennath 7, 6A 1

Out of the coffin came a cloaked vampyre, but when the light shone under its hood I saw the same distorted handiwork I saw on what were later revealed to be Mutated Bloodvelds. It was livid, and feral. It had to be put down. However, it was quick. Quicker than a normal vampyre. It also drew power from the surrounding coffins, and I was forced to seal them as I fended off the fiend. It seemed immune to pain while the coffins were open, as I impaled it with my silver blade, leaving it in and it hardly flinched. Once the last coffin was shut, the Vyre pounced on me. It's jaw unhinged, likely trying to decapitate me with its maw. However, the beast merely got a fistful of silver smoke when I thrust my arm down its throat and set off the smokebombs. I kicked my sword further into the beast and ripped my arm from its mouth, the spikes on my vambraces doing unmentionable damage to the beast. It was not long until it perished, writhing in agony.

I pulled my blade from the Vyre's corpse and hacked off its head with my sickle for good measure. I roused Anabell with some smelling salts as I heard the behemoths from earlier closing in. I was surprised when I saw her raise herself, the stones had somehow healed her leg during my fight with the mutated vampyre. We quickly made our way to the end of the tunnels where Xandt had told us a passage to the Canifis tunnels existed. After a struggle with skeletal hands that I do not care to relive, Anabell and I barely escaped those decrepit tunnels.

Page 3 of 4

25-Mar-2014 02:07:04 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2014 02:35:47 by Rologarth

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150 Back to Top