Forums

Running a PoK.

Quick find code: 237-238-770-66064123

Gersty

Gersty

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Pyro I said :
Could we all just let this hypocritical rant about ridaku blacklisting some people be laid to rest already?

What's with you suddenly gunning for Daku now, anyway? You're many things, but I wouldn't say you're stupid by definition and encouraging Daku is about the stupidest decision you can make as a roleplayer lol.
"When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man..."

"... An Arizona Ranger, wouldn't be too long in town."

27-Jan-2019 13:36:46

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Gersty It really shouldn't be that surprising. Since you (correctly) point out that I am not stupid maybe my endorsement of Rid should make you consider giving him a second chance.

Not going to inflate his ego any more than it already is but I will say this: the thing that marks out the people I have supported on W42 is that they aspired to try and build something better (in direct contrast to those I most strongly opposed).
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

27-Jan-2019 17:38:49

CrocoNuts
Jul Member 2010

CrocoNuts

Posts: 2,824 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Pyro I said :

Not going to inflate his ego any more than it already is but I will say this: the thing that marks out the people I have supported on W42 is that they
aspired to try and build something better

Can you explain what ‘building something better’ means to you?
Quickly learn how to Roleplay on RuneScape!

I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me.

28-Jan-2019 06:06:04

Gersty

Gersty

CrocoNuts said :
Lord Pyro I said :

Not going to inflate his ego any more than it already is but I will say this: the thing that marks out the people I have supported on W42 is that they
aspired to try and build something better

Can you explain what ‘building something better’ means to you?

^ Seconded.

Don't talk down to me. I been cool with him several times, but he insists on being a deadbeat sociopath so how am I at fault? Lol second chance with both of you has long since come and gone for more people than just me.

28-Jan-2019 07:17:15 - Last edited on 28-Jan-2019 07:18:46 by Gersty

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CoronaThymeU said :
Drop it. Nobody cares.

A nice way to exemplify exactly the sort of attitude I was referencing.

I didn't really expect to have to explain something so simple but it looks like I'm doing it.

What I am talking about is the opposite of the sort of person who sees a thread about the problems of w42 and tries to immediately claim the poster is wrong or the problems are so insurmountable as to mean that fixing them shouldn't be attempted.

And I'll admit that not every attempt to improve w42 or to push the boundaries of what is done with rp always worked but I personally admire the willingness to try, the altruism shown in building something for everyone and simply the determination to keep trying in the face of often pretty harsh criticism.

That's why to me people like: Aztarwyn, Louis Pyroni, Tom, Malcolm, Ethan Reine, Sparta, Qaz, Wolf Rovin, Varis (for a while), Ridaku, Dylan and Buppy (for a while) will always be the roleplayers I most enjoyed interacting with.

And please do me a favor and don't sneer at the names I've posted. A lot of people didn't like them, I know that. But they are the people I respected and nothing anyone here can say will change that. One of my favorite moments on W42 was watching Aztarwyn and Lord Toner (a white knight leader from ages back) facing off in fally park in some sort of "clash of the titans". It was more fun than all of the Kandarin rps I took part in while I was a member*.

Regards
Lord Pyro
Most Infamous Roleplayer on W42

*Oh this is a troll btw, there were basically no RPs in the months I was in the Kandar Empire. Nevertheless it was a really fun fight to watch.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

28-Jan-2019 21:37:20

Gersty

Gersty

What happened to dropping it, like I thought your whole message was?

Oh. You need the last word, that's right. Forgot you're superior that way.

28-Jan-2019 22:48:15

Quick find code: 237-238-770-66064123 Back to Top