Forums

Welcome to IG Role-Playing Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-479-65512579

Lucky Luna
Oct Member 2022

Lucky Luna

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello people! As mentioned in a thread I made, I am very new to Runescape RP. My only experience is a few minutes from a few years ago in Falador, but I enjoyed it immensely nonetheless.

A bit about myself: I'm 17 and I'm from Scotland, although I live in Norway. I've got 8 years of RP under my belt, all of it from WoW Argent Dawn (EU).

A bit about my character on Runescape: Sir Ren Terr (Surrender) is a 30~ish year old white knight. He's not done much of note and is pleased to serve as a simple warrior of faith protecting those he loves without much recognition in return.

I'd love to find out more about the current status of the world. I've noticed every single kingdom/town has its own clan to represent it ic'ly, but I'm not sure if these are ''cliques'' or widely accepted. I've been doing a bit of quick reading on the runescape roleplayer wiki, but that's about it. Anything important to know, I'd be pleased if anyone told me.

09-Nov-2015 07:11:20

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Posts: 4,520 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, and welcome!

The clans of kingdoms and towns (we call them Player-owned-Cities or Player-owned-Kingdoms, PoCs or PoKs for short) are indeed widely accepted. These are your best bet for settling in; for a white knight character, the Empire of Asgarnia would be a suitable place to start but you're by no means tied to that. Kandarin and Misthalin are an equally great bunch of people and either would be eager to help show/re-show you the ropes and get you settled in.

I don't know how much of the technical side of roleplay you've learned, such as the rules and little squiggly characters, but a good grasp of these ensures things run as smoothly as possible. They're well worth learning.

The golden rule, though, is to keep it cool and keep it fun. You seem very mature so I probably don't need to tell you this, but the key thing to remember is that a calm and diplomatic approach to any problems that arise (and they will - you're dealing with creative minds, here) will see you through better than anything. And if you're not sure about anything, a post either here or on the Help & Guide sticky will be answered in short measure.
One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.
So I'll rob from the cradle, and I'll rob from the grave; it's just human traffic, and I'm just a slave.

09-Nov-2015 09:16:33

The contents of this message have been hidden.

16-Nov-2015 18:26:11

Rexost

Rexost

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Congratulations, Asgarnia. It's in your city of Falador that roleplay has ended.

I fired a giant from an ogre bow. They reached the lower stratosphere. They fired Rend Sul'Damane from an ogre bow. He reached the moon. He is on Zanaris now. Halfway to Zanaris, he turned and fired a bolt at the earth, and headshot a legitimate Mahjarrat.

This is it, my friends. Roleplay is over. Everything that could be roleplayed, has been roleplayed. It's been great.
Edgar
=/=
Rex
=/=
Rend

#PraiseTuffty

16-Nov-2015 22:52:06

Tomb Gorilla

Tomb Gorilla

Posts: 512 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rexost said :
Original message details are unavailable.
Congratulations, Asgarnia. It's in your city of Falador that roleplay has ended.

I fired a giant from an ogre bow. They reached the lower stratosphere. They fired Rend Sul'Damane from an ogre bow. He reached the moon. He is on Zanaris now. Halfway to Zanaris, he turned and fired a bolt at the earth, and headshot a legitimate Mahjarrat.

This is it, my friends. Roleplay is over. Everything that could be roleplayed, has been roleplayed. It's been great.

Aaannd to noone's surprise, I missed it.

*cries in corner*
Am not Conor

23-Nov-2015 18:38:14

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

Posts: 9,114 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eirz said :
Right! I'm back, and I don't know where the activity's at (besides the upcoming wedding and coronation). What's happening on 42?!

It seems to be getting more active, actually, with new threads and clans popping up all over.

Welcome back.
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

30-Nov-2015 22:25:58

Quick find code: 237-238-479-65512579 Back to Top