}¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
}¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{­ }¤{
­
°ï¦ï°

+I - Introduction - I+

Have you ever wanted to be something ... More?

Something more than just a RuneScape player? Something more than one of thousand 'Adventurers'?

Have you ever wanted to keep Questing even after capping your Quest points?
Wanting to learn new lore, new stories?
Have you ever wanted to be something other than a human? Perhaps a Dwarf, Gnome, Elf, Vampyre and much more?
Has there ever been that feeling when you open up RuneScape, and stare at the loading screen, or idly sit chatting in the lobby, bored?

Well, have you?

Your search ends here. Your dissatisfaction ends here. Your boredom ends here.
There is no limit to the stories you can produce and live out with role-playing. Thousands upon thousands of stories have passed through Worlds 42 and 41 over the years that have given people a new reason to play, a new hobby, a new community to join.

Here, you can be something other than just a player. You can be an Elf faring the forests of Tirannwn, a Dwarf miner from the subterrean world, a Vampyre Vyrelord from the corrupted lands of Darkmeyer.

This is where Jagex's story ends, and where your's begins.

Welcome to your story.

Welcome to In-Game Role-Playing.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:06 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2016 23:09:14 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

Posts: 9,114 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+II - Welcome! - II+

Hello - Bonjour, hola, gutentaag, bonjourno, oogly boogly.

Welcome to the Role-Playing Forums! You're probably here by mistake, but that's okay, read this thread anyway, it's great, trust me. If you came here on purpose, then even better!

This here is the Welcoming Thread for RuneScape Role-Playing in-game, which takes place in World 42, the official RuneScape role-playing server for Members, and World 41, the official RuneScape role-playing server for non-Members.

So what is role-playing, then? Well, if you didn't cop the first post or decided not to read it - I don't blame you; I tried, I'm sorry - then role-playing, more frequently referred to as simply RP, is assuming the role as a personally-created character within the world of Gielinor, and forging your own stories from there.

Role-playing is mainly suited for people who enjoy long, dramatic stories with lots of characters, and that's essentially what role-playing is. It also tends to sit very well with people who have a flair or passion for creative writing - role-playing is a great way to exercise that talent. But what if you're not super-savvy on writing? Try your hand at role-playing anyway! You never know, and nothing ventured is nothing gained.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:12 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 16:28:56 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+III- Where do I start? - III+

So many threads, so many clans, what do I do, where do I go?

How do I start role-playing?

These are probably some prominent questions if you're a fresh face around here, and they're good questions, too. So, where do you start?

You start by learning the ropes. The other sticky on this forum - the Role-Playing Help and Guide - should enlighten you on everything about role-playing, but nothing can educate you more than experience, so you're next step is to jump right in.

The best way to find role-play is to join a group - or several groups. Most of the time, you'll have to apply on the group's thread here on the forums to be officially accepted. Then, I recommend you attend a clan role-play and watch, see how it's done.

You'll pick it up quickly, and then once you start participating in these role-plays, you'll be flying!

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:15 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 16:29:10 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+IV -Getting Involved- IV+

So it may be a bit intimidating if you've come to a Role-Playing World all on your lonesome, and there's all these big fancy role-players in all these big costumes, using all these big fancy words that leave you wondering 'what the hell have I gotten myself into'.

But don't worry about it, it was this way for everyone. In most cases, just be courteous and polite (re: GENTLEMANLY) and some people will definitely take time to explain anything that's puzzling you, or at least they'll point to someone else that'll help you along.

But finding your own group of friends that you can have a bit of bant with alongside decent role-play is really important, because it's having a laugh with those people that you'll cherish most during your time on World 42/41. The best way to get involved is to pick either a large or long-lasting role-play group or clan to join, which are guaranteed to have a consistent member base that you can start getting involved with.

World 42/42 is a small community at the end of the day, and after a year or even just a few months, you'll come to know all the active and prominent members of the community.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:21 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 17:22:39 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+V - Finding Role-Play - V+

Where once upon a time you could find role-play by walking between Varrock and Falador, or even by accident whilst doing something completely unrelated to role-play, nowadays, role-play tends to be something pre-planned and organised, and less spontaenous and random than it was back in the day.

There are certain hubs, however, that might be worth checking out at the hotspot times if you're in search of some casual role-play and none of your buddies are around. All of them tend to be in bars or pubs, so if barpee is not your thing, best wait until your friends get online. But for you Mahjharraticyenecowhybrid assassins, listen up!

Generally, the best times for role-play tend to be between 10PM - Midnight GMT, or 5PM - 7PM EST. This is a good time as it's before Irish and British people might sleep, and when Americans are home/off work/school.

The places themselves tend to be either The Rising Sun Inn in Falador, and the Hair of the Dog Inn at Canifis. These places tend to be the two most popular hubs at the moment, although hubs in general aren't too booming at the moment. But times do-be-a-changin', so it's no harm to try them out from time to time.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:25 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 17:21:41 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+V I -Introduce Yourself!- V I+

So. Who are you?

World 42 is a closely knit community, and most people tend to know most people, and it doesn't take long for a new player to be integrated into this community. So! Feel free to introduce yourself - people might be more open to you if they know a bit about you.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:29 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 17:03:57 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

VII -What am I looking for?- VII

There are different types of role-play, and different areas. You'll end up doing them all to become a seasoned role-player, but along the way, you might find a type of role-play that you enjoy most, and that you feel like it's your strongest suit. Here are just a few of those types;

Political or Noble role-play is often best suited to those who have a flair for politics, or leading, in real life. Obviously, it's exclusive to noble characters involved with the functioning of a settlement, usually, although it can apply in any leadership position. If you think you'll like this role-play, you should investigate advisory positions in Player Owned Kingdoms or Player Owned Cities , otherwise known as POKs or POCs.

Military and combat role-play appeals to those who like battles, duels and brawls. Combat and military role-play touches nearly every other aspect of role-play in some sense or other, because it is the soldiers in armies that gives Kings and Queens their power to rule in the first place. If you think combat role-play is for you, you should investigate Military Orders or armies in Player Owned Kingdoms or Player Owned Cities.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:33 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 16:31:44 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

VIII -What am I looking for?- VIII

Civilian or Bar role-play is simple, casual role-playing that especially appeals to those who just want to role-play without delving into anything serious or complex. This usually pertains to mulling around an inn with other player's characters, and mingling with those characters and getting to know them. If you think that you might enjoy this, try looking around Gielinor's taverns, especially the likes of the Jolly Boar or the Rising Sun, or investigate a Player Owned Kingdom.

Sandbox or Private role-play is role-play that allows you to defy the boundaries of lore and logic and go completely imagination-unlimited in your role-play. It's worth noting that Sandbox role-plays are not aligned with Public role-play, and that anything that occurs in a Sandbox role-play does not affect the Public role-play world. To put it simply, what happens in Sandbox does not apply to everyone outside the role-play. If you think you might like this kind of role-play, try looking for some Sandbox or Private role-plays.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:38 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 16:32:21 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+IX - Thread Rules - IX+

Here are just a few guidelines that we'd like to reminder players to try and follow, out of respect for themselves and other players;

- RuneScape Rules Apply.
The usual stuff. See Forum Specific Rules for more details.

- Language.
Remember that there ARE people who don't like bad language, and that it's against the Forum Rules to use most swear words.

- Appropriate Topics.
You're not the youngest people here. Use a bit of common sense, and keep topics appropriate for ages for our community's language at around 13.

- Naming and Shaming.
Don't complain or whine about other players, it's not cool. If you're recounting an event that paints anyone in a negative light, think twice before posting, as it's not something we tolerate.

- Trolling and Spam.
It's really not as funny as you think it is.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:43 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 16:32:37 by Role-Player

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°

+X - Further Help - X+

If you still have some questions about you wriggle your way into the community, don't hesitate to add me in-game and send me a message when I'm online. Similarly, you might some people standing around Falador Square on World 42 who should be willing to give a helping hand you newbies.

°ï¦ï°
°ï¦ï°
Welcome
°ï¦ï°
­
°ï¦ï°
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

05-Nov-2014 22:09:47 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2015 16:33:01 by Role-Player