Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why does it have to be labelled as something that was posted in either good or bad faith?

It's something that has been widely reported at this point and something regarding Musk, on a thread talking about Musk. There's nothing or nobody (including Musk) refuting the accusations so consider the claims however speculative as you want.

At the end of the day, he could re-assign @NPR if he wanted, as the owner, whether we agree with that or not.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

14-May-2023 01:28:36

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't need a lecture on the T&Cs, thanks. Something regarding Musk was widely reported, and Tenebri decided to post the story regarding it here to chat about it, which for the most part we've done, minus the unnecessary attack on everything anyone seems to post.

As I said on the previous page, we don't need to overly and excessively analyze every little thing all of the time, we can (or should be able to) have a lighter conversation about an article or story widely reported about Musk without the confrontational tone over everything and then trying to invoke Jagex's T&Cs by accusing people of violating them.

I certainly haven't claimed the NPR story to be verified and absolute fact and while Tenebri said it seemed factual, he also said he was just posting the claim (for the purposes of discussion) which is fine. So again, just lighten up. :)

Whether it's true or not, Musk is the owner of Twitter, if he wanted to do as the accusations suggest, he could. And if he didn't send those threats, then it would be on him (if he even cared, which I doubt he does) to refute them for himself. :)
Joel

14-May-2023 02:30:13 - Last edited on 14-May-2023 02:30:25 by Joel

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
I don't need a lecture on the T&Cs, thanks.
You literally asked "why". If you're asking why something needs to be posted in good faith, and the T&C specifically states content must be posted in good faith, then I'm obviously going to direct you to the T&C when answering your question of "why".

Joel said :
minus the unnecessary attack on everything anyone seems to post.
Your bias is showing. I've only commented on ONE post that was made, and the rest have been responses to your direct comments and questions to me. Why are you lying about me? O_o

14-May-2023 02:37:13

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Nex, please just drop this argumentative tone. All it's doing is derailing any actual constructive conversation.

Tenebri posted a screenshot of a tweet about a story with "oh dear". Didn't claim it was factual, just said it seemed factual, not that it definitely was true and you just appear to judge it instantly as bad faith, being unnecessarily confrontational and bringing Jagex's T&Cs into the discussion as if we're here trying to be purposefully misleading or intentionally lying. You could have simply replied without confrontation to point out it's unconfirmed and had a discussion about how likely the claims are (which is what I did in one of my replies on the last page).

So just drop the argumentative and confrontational tone, it's unnecessary. Thanks.
Joel

14-May-2023 03:06:38

The contents of this message have been hidden.

14-May-2023 03:40:24

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Nex,

There has been a decent amount of discussion between everyone in this thread in the last 30 pages some even with differing views, none of which has lead to the level of argumentativeness or confrontational behaviour, until now with your participation. Your view and opinion differing from anyone's else isn't the issue here, just to be clear.

Feel free to browse the earlier pages in this thread where there has been differences of opinion. I've even been one of the people to say more positive things about Musk which has been a view that differs to some others here, and even then it still didn't result in the level of confrontation or arguments as this has led to and kept to a constructive conversation whether views aligned or not.

Your post has been removed. Not because it has a differing view to anybody else but because it's now massively derailing the thread with continued remarks about potential T&C violations and accusations of lies, none of which adds constructive discussion to the thread but only serves to derail it.

Any further replies should be contributing to the discussion of the thread itself and on topic (and not this situation).

Thanks
Joel

14-May-2023 04:10:24

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm super glad Elon musk bought twitter, i see now if was a part in a great plan of mine. Tucker Carlson is going to get a twitter show going :P

Would be impossible with former censorship musk 'destroyed'. I love this chess game.

Tucker also mentioned media has a 'limit' to what they can say, on twitter this 'limit' is gone, will be very interesting to hear what he has to say.

---

I don't care how many bash Elon as bad, he is good in my viewing, those fired from twitter were involved in censorship to truth, shame they weren't arrested.

World still spins non the less.

15-May-2023 15:17:55

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XSlay4DeathX said :
Ithose fired from twitter were involved in censorship to truth, shame they weren't arrested.

why would they be arrested? (all 5,300 people)

what did they do that required that?

what truth did they censor?

im probably going to regret asking these questions, i usually do when i ask you xlsay lol, but here we are maybe one day youll answer / make sense in the answer. fingers crossed
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

15-May-2023 17:29:14 - Last edited on 18-May-2023 11:28:16 by Tenebri

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top