Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could NPR just be brazenly making it up? Sure. Is that likely? Maybe but seems it could be legit to have happened in some shape or form.

In addition, you can be sure Musk would have pretty quickly refuted it had it been something NPR took out of context, or just brazenly lied and made it up and as far as I can see, he's not said anything about it.

On a slightly different note, he announced a new CEO starting soon which I think overall is good news and personally I am happy about haha. He's still staying on as CTO and overseeing product, software & system operations.

Hopefully Twitter won't be dividing his time as much so that more time goes back towards Tesla and SpaceX, the TSLA stock certainly responded positively to the news immediately after the announcement yesterday but has since recovered back down.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

12-May-2023 16:44:24

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
seems it could be legit to have happened in some shape or form.
In some form, like an automated email notifying a Twitter account holder that their account has been inactive and that, as per the Twitter Inactive Account Policy, "Accounts may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity" ?

You mean that kind of "shape or form"?

And then Omar Rivero, the founder of "Occupy Democrats" adds more additional allegations from some unknown "ex-Twitter Executive" during his political attack campaign against Musk since he purchased Twitter, which is the Tweet that was promoted above. Politics isn't permitted on the forums, but, you know, it just gets overlooked because of bias and the desire for it to be true... even though it's entirely political.

Let's not pretend that NPR didn't publicly outcry that they were quitting Twitter because, as a government created and government funded organization, they were aptly labeled as "State Controlled Media" on Twitter.

If it were true, why wouldn't NPR back up their claims with any evidence? It's all baseless claims about how mean and scary Elon Musk threatened them in an email... when in reality, Elon Musk isn't sitting at Twitter hand typing "inactivity warning" emails to every Twitter user that hasn't logged into their accounts in almost 30 days.

It's an absurd claim made during a political attack campaign, but, those on the same political aisle of the campaign who want it to be true don't bother applying any kind of critical thinking skills to the claims because they want it to be true.

12-May-2023 22:42:31

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex, not everything has to be so overly analyzed and taken so seriously all the time. Lighten up. lol

Why would NPR receive the "Inactive account" notification when they're clearly not inactive? I'm barely active on Twitter and I haven't got one. It makes no sense that they received that system notification or flag.

Musk has done some pretty pointed things since buying Twitter in terms of responding to people specifically on the platform, interacting etc so it's totally feasible he contacted NPR himself as that type of thing from him isn't unheard of.

He also takes time out to respond to Tesla customers who are suggesting improvements for the cars and software which I like.

In any case... instead of taking it so seriously, take it for what it is. Some potential funny beef between Musk and a company. ;)
Joel

13-May-2023 16:27:47

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, you're right, it doesn't matter if something is true or not, so long as it's funny. Wanna hear this thing about you that isn't true but I'm going to pretend, and try to convince others it is as well? It's really funny.

I'm offended by misinformation.
I find it offensive when people lie to other people.
I find it offensive when people lie about other people.
In general, I find lying offensive.

P.S. As an FMod, maybe you want to go and brush up on section 10 of the T&C.

13-May-2023 20:20:55 - Last edited on 13-May-2023 20:51:37 by Origin Nexus

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

But you don't know if it's misinformation or false. :P You can't call it misinformation/false anymore than I can say it 100% happened and is definitely true. Ultimately we don't know so it's mere speculation so can treat it as such, rather than jumping in, all guns blazing, super serious and instantly on the offensive, labelling it as misinformation and lies.

At this point a large number of outlets have reported on this supposedly happening and Musk hasn't said a thing to refute any of it. Now, I'm not saying just because he hasn't refuted it makes it true, I'm just saying he's fairly good at addressing and responding to a variety of things through tweets or certain actions on Twitter when people seemingly criticize or attack him, and in this case, nothing. Could be something, could be nothing.

It's ok to have a conversation about it all without the need to instantly label it misinformation and get on the offensive instantly.
Joel

14-May-2023 00:51:57

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top