Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brig - naw, you don't sound pathetic. You sound like someone who has a phobia about telephone calls, is all. Different folk have different fears and anxieties.

Some years back I had to stand on a stage and give a 5 minute talk to an audience of about 300, I loved it. If it'd been 3000 I'd have loved it more (yes, I'm a show-off and cocky af) - whereas the poor woman who was going to be following me was huddled over a bucket in the wings puking her guts up.

I expect we all have our Terror Zone .... I'm not saying what mine is !
(Apart from being in the presence of cheese).
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Mar-2021 22:48:03

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J enesis - I definitely will get onto sorting out "how to" when I get a spare moment (or week, probably, as I'm a technophobe).

I love your nicknames for Sidney! He sounds like the sort of Boss who'd need a team to take him down :D
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Mar-2021 22:51:46

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed, everyone has something that worries/scares them. I'm not too bad making phone calls unless I get an answer machine then I get flustered.
Something that terrifies me is public speaking. Its very unlikely I'll ever need to give a speech but the thought of standing in front of an audience.... I'm sure I'd panic

04-Mar-2021 23:16:45

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I find I have like, phases, when it comes to things I'm afraid of.

Phone calls have always been a difficult thing for me to accomplish, but I've gotten up on stage myself and given speeches. I spoke at my graduation even! And I volunteered for it!

I have somewhat agoraphobic tendencies, and if left unchecked (like quarantine has allowed, unfortunately) I find I'm petrified of simple interactions that previously I'd been fine with.

For example: lately I've been really bad at getting the door for Amazon deliveries... The doorbell rings and I totally freeze. Then my fiancé has to get the door, and well... yeah. He's been super patient with me about it, but I can tell it's still annoying. I mean, it annoys me that I do that.

I've been trying to get better about stuff like that though. It's just hard for me these days. :L
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

05-Mar-2021 15:44:57

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've started to make a shopping list for when the non essential shops are allowed to open again. So far it is mainly shoes and clothes. I never buy clothes online/mail order because I like to see what the fabric is like. I can't get shoes that way either because I need to try them on due to having flat feet and one has a bunion forming. I hate my feet. :( :( :( I often try on several pairs of shoes and end up without buying any because they all hurt. :(

06-Mar-2021 23:58:36

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top