Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you both :)

Well, sort of good news. Vet says front leg is not broken and can't find specific ligament damage so thinks it might be a bad sprain (as I'd hoped but idk how she managed to get it, she's not exactly Billy Whizz).

She's been given a strong painkilling jab which lasts 24 hours then tomorrow oral meds and they'll review her on Monday.

If she's showing any sign of improvement (like, being able to stand up unaided) they'll continue with pain relief and 'bed rest' followed by gentle exercises to build up strength.

She's obese due to a thyroid condition (also courtesy of the Lyme's Disease) so they'll be reviewing that too ..... no doubt very expensive special diet food plus further thyroid medication.

££££££££££££££££££

I'll start getting my State old age pension next month .... guess what it'll be spent on !!
Still, at least the old girl gets to fight another day, so to speak.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Feb-2021 11:40:04

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really good news that Rosie might overcome her problems for the time being bless her.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you that she has a good outcome and is able to live with you a while longer.

She is a very lucky little girl to have been rescued by you. You have given her such a good life, that she wouldn`t have had.

Vets bills now though do seem to be eye watering.

Sidney`s predecessor Allie had diabetes for the last two /three years of her life, among other nasty conditions, and the cost of controlling that with insulin etc was phenomenal

27-Feb-2021 13:44:23

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm glad Rosie should recover. She is so lucky that you adopted her.
Vets bills are really high, :( it was bad enough 10 - 12 years ago when we had to keep taking our cat to the vet ( overactive thyroid that wasn't cured after an operation ). The extra income from your state pension will be a great help.

27-Feb-2021 22:55:32

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya :)

The ole gal is going from strength to strength! She's bearing weight on that front leg again, she's been put on a drug similar to Metacam to relieve pain and inflammation. Not great to have an animal on it long term, however, given her age (probably in the region of 11) I'm looking more on the side of quality of life rather than quantity now.

Vet wants her stable for a few more weeks before mucking about with anything weight and thyroid related. I took her out for a 'walk' yesterday ..... 4 houses up the road then back again. Once lockdown's over I'm hoping to be able to get her some more Hydrotherapy sessions, which she'd had for her back legs and it helped.

She seems happy in herself - wagging and alert, interacting with the other dogs and eating well. We always knew this would be a Retirement Home for her so we'll just try to make her last years as nice as we can, poor thing has had a bit of a dismal one previously it would seem.

Thanks for asking!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

03-Mar-2021 11:28:10

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's good news :) I think you're right in making her comfortable so whatever time she has left will be happy. I hope that the plan to ease lockdown isn't scuppered by impatient idiots and Rosie can have the hydrotherapy sessions again. They're a great at helping with mobility.

03-Mar-2021 11:59:00

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top