Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's what everyone keeps telling me, but the thing is... I just genuinely enjoy it. I know it smells bad, I know its effects and all, but I just like it. I never did it for any particular reason other than that.

It was also a good way to redirect myself at work (when I worked) because let's be honest... it's illegal to beat the shit out of rude customers.

I'm not sure what to replace it with. Any suggestions?
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

04-Feb-2021 13:05:24

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nah, I get it as I used to be the same way. I honestly quit for my career as I was progressing into a field of pearl clutchers (I still don't fit in, lol). I smoked at least a pack a day and now I look back and wonder why. I literally can't imagine picking up another cigarette. I can even recognize when I am dreaming if I light up in a dream lmao.

As far as replacement, I would not be the one to ask as I have a very unhealthy coping mechanism which is always being wayyy to busy doing healthy things to pick up a bad habit lol.

Edit: typos. Sorry I am on my phone.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

04-Feb-2021 13:25:40 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2021 14:18:28 by Averia Light

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
^

Ha! I like that.

Actually, to be honest, dare I say this, will I get piled by outraged cat lovers ..... ?

I think the ones without hair look a bit grotesque and I wouldn't want to own one.

There, I said it.

*dives for cover*

I'm a cat lover but there's no way I'd want to have the hairless type. I think its wrong to breed then with, what must be, a genetic defect. They obviously can't live a "normal" cat's life by going outside and even inside they must be at increased risk of injury. When I had 2 cats, a brother and sister, they used to play fight. The hairless breed would get scratched to bits. :(

edit to correct spelling

04-Feb-2021 13:34:31 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2021 13:35:31 by Megycal

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Me also.

Have worked through most of the Covid crisis and then just looked after all our animals in the afternoons so life has not changed dramatically other than it is nerve racking being so close to so many people and not able to distance yourself as you might want.

And like Fifi I have had enough of winter now with my feet sliding about endlessly on wet mud when I take the dog out, and sloshing about with it over my ankles when feeding the ponies and sheep.

04-Feb-2021 13:46:33 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2021 14:08:20 by Jenesiis

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with the comments regarding winter. It seems like every day brings a boatload of rain. I can't wait for everything to dry up so I can actually go out into the garden and start clearing things up. I've managed to do a little here and there (brushing up and cleaning off the walls) but the rain always wins. :P

Other than that, like Brig, I rarely step out. COVID has forced me to work from home and limit my contact with others, and coupled with the weather, I haven't really gone anywhere. Not that I would want to go anywhere anyway!

04-Feb-2021 14:03:05

Brigantia

Brigantia

I'm trying something new. My new year's resolution is to try and be more ok with the 'ugly' phase of drawing anything.

.... I hate it so much. I really do.

Don't make fun of me too much pls I rly suck at this. Especially the face stuff.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

04-Feb-2021 15:02:26

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Better than what I can do lmao.

I really can only do sculpting and other "3D" Art. For painting, that means a lot of layers which covers up a lot of mistakes haha. I mostly just stick to mediums that I can squish and start over though. Like pottery and eventually glass making and mayyybbe metal working but that is years away.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

04-Feb-2021 15:12:22 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2021 15:13:14 by Averia Light

Brigantia

Brigantia

FiFi LaFeles said :
Actually, Brig, she looks a lot like me.

Actually, looking at that image gave me an idea.

When you're pissed off and throwing your hands up. I think that's a better emoji l0l

@CapnBrigantia

04-Feb-2021 17:21:29

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top