Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Started an experiment yesterday where I decided I'd try to draw my sister's DnD character.

I think the skeleton of it is doing ok, and then I got distracted with a different idea so I'm working on getting the skeleton for THAT down.

Why can't I just stick with something lmao

Anyhow, getting my practice in with some people drawing. rip
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

07-Aug-2020 22:16:01

The contents of this message have been hidden.

08-Aug-2020 11:16:52

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My love is making his famous curry tonight <3

Am super excited.

Also, I planted habanero peppers last week that he was gifted and they're sprouting!

#ProudPlantMum
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

09-Aug-2020 19:45:03

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Has anyone else experienced almost cult-like behavior from weight loss topics?

I actually don't have much to lose and have already lost 10 lbs (a third of my goal), but every time I seek advice, I am met with people who absolutely insist that their way is correct and there is absolutely no other way to do it. Like to the point where they will suggest ignoring doctor's orders or expert opinions to go on whatever plan they are on. They also seem to ignore or insist that I am lying if I even dare to suggest that I already lost weight in some other way.

Has it always been this way? To be honest, I've never really had a weight problem before, so I don't know if this is a new problem, an old problem or is just happening to me.

For instance, this time I asked what activities I could do with a toddler during a pandemic and when the local mosquito population has West Nile and I just received absolutely off-the-wall comments about how I have a terrible diet (average 1500 calories a day that is reliant on eggs, veggies, fruits and proteins with no extra calories consumed for drinking, no snacks, no junk food, etc... etc...). Somehow, even with exercise, I can't lose weight on such a diet according to such fanatics...(despite already losing 10 lbs on this diet).

Yeah. I suspect they are trolls, but there has been too many times I've either seen or been in a conversation where it seems like the person saying the ridiculous things actually believes what they are saying.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

10-Aug-2020 05:56:23 - Last edited on 10-Aug-2020 06:23:55 by Averia Light

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top