Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weightloss people and fitness people are crazy tbh. Well, most of them.

Do chalk drawings outside if it's nice, finger painting, as suggested above. Hide and seek around the house. Anything that really involves moving, I guess.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

10-Aug-2020 10:17:07

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've never been on a formal weight-loss diet so no first hand knowledge of this mysterious world but my friend joined an outfit called Slimming World (a bit like Weight Watchers, it seems).

It sounds weird and complicated to me - she talked about it constantly at first (almost obsessively), commenting negatively even on whatever I had eaten the day before, which was slightly irritating given I don't particularly need to lose any weight.

They're allowed to eat, as sins, (called Syns) stuff I wouldn't touch if I decided to diet and encouraged to buy the company's own expensive food products, of course (cuz eating Slimming World chocolate biscuits is okay apparently although I guess not eating any chocolate biscuits at all would be more sensible lolol).

She's been at it for about 18 months now and looks no different to me, is still eating junk regularly; the whole thing hasn't changed her eating habits for the better so I can't see the point of it.

She says she's made several 'really good friends' via her venture into the world of organised weight loss although it strikes me as odd that their occasional meet-ups are always to go out for a meal, never a walk in the countryside or a swimming trip.

I guess some people benefit from these organised herd endeavours but it seems more like they get sucked into buying things they don't need, receive little education on food nutrition and wise choices and turn into diet bores, never achieving their aim.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

10-Aug-2020 10:33:59

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aww, thanks.

I meant active toddler activites, though. One where I can hit my pre-pamdemic calorie burn levels.

Without getting into every activity I've tried, she isn't into toddler workouts, walks and biking is off and on for her (currently off) and trying to work out is hard since she loves to cling onto one of my legs....which is a bit hard to do for cardio haha.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

10-Aug-2020 10:54:56

Averia Light

Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles said :
I've never been on a formal weight-loss diet so no first hand knowledge of this mysterious world but my friend joined an outfit called Slimming World (a bit like Weight Watchers, it seems).

It sounds weird and complicated to me - she talked about it constantly at first (almost obsessively), commenting negatively even on whatever I had eaten the day before, which was slightly irritating given I don't particularly need to lose any weight.

They're allowed to eat, as sins, (called Syns) stuff I wouldn't touch if I decided to diet and encouraged to buy the company's own expensive food products, of course (cuz eating Slimming World chocolate biscuits is okay apparently although I guess not eating any chocolate biscuits at all would be more sensible lolol).

She's been at it for about 18 months now and looks no different to me, is still eating junk regularly; the whole thing hasn't changed her eating habits for the better so I can't see the point of it.

She says she's made several 'really good friends' via her venture into the world of organised weight loss although it strikes me as odd that their occasional meet-ups are always to go out for a meal, never a walk in the countryside or a swimming trip.

I guess some people benefit from these organised herd endeavours but it seems more like they get sucked into buying things they don't need, receive little education on food nutrition and wise choices and turn into diet bores, never achieving their aim.

Yes, exactly like this. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me and my personality setting these people off.

It is extremely off putting and cult-like to me, lol.

10-Aug-2020 10:58:18

Averia Light

Averia Light

Brigantia said :
Weightloss people and fitness people are crazy tbh. Well, most of them.

Do chalk drawings outside if it's nice, finger painting, as suggested above. Hide and seek around the house. Anything that really involves moving, I guess.

These are great ideas (like Nex's) and I get that impression as well.

It is almost like a lot of people can't just lose weight, be on a diet or work out without then lording it over someone to validate their choices. It just seems nuts to me.

10-Aug-2020 11:00:31

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top