Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I appreciate that. Thanks, Arbor. :) I'm sorry for the loss of your dog too. I'll bet they were wonderful!

I really couldn't have asked for better dogs. One thing that was noted was that we lost both of them on the same day of the month. The, I guess you could call it irony of this was that we got both dogs on the same day of the month too. We got one like the 6th of April and the next the 6th of May. The first dog we lost was on November 30th of last year, and now we lost this one yesterday on the 30th of April. I feel bad for both of them, honestly. Cancer is nasty.

Why does it always seem to be cancer these days anyway?
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

01-May-2021 18:39:57

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That sucks brig.

What always helped me was thinking how many good years I gave the animal, since the vast majority of my pets are rescues from kill shelters/strays. The only exception is the puppy I have now, because I have always wanted a husky since I was young. What also helps is that I know I did the best I could for each one.

I should mention that I have personally brought many pets in and was in the room when they passed. A few I held. There is an extra layer of emotions to deal with if you are physically there, so maybe it was best that you weren't there.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

02-May-2021 04:17:20

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can empathize with the above post. Although I have always felt it my duty to be with my dogs, cats and other animals that we have when that awful time comes, it does also leave you with a last indelible memory of them, so that you have to consciously try to avoid remembering that one and concentrate on the previous happy ones.

We too have taken in so many rescues and strays in the past years, we had ten stray cats at one point, one would assume that you would become more used to losing them just through the sheer volume of numbers, however this has never proven to be the case.

02-May-2021 10:58:38

Brigantia

Brigantia

I was there as best I could be for both of the dogs when they passed (video call).

Since I was able to understand what was going on, I couldn't bear to not be there for their passing. I did it for the dogs I had growing up, and I did my best to be there for these two. It would have absolutely murdered me to not be there in any way, shape, or form. I've always felt I owed it to them to be there when they pass.

While it kills me I wasn't able to hold them as they went, I'm still glad I was able to be as involved as much as I was able to be.

But anyways, I've got a bunch of good memories of both dogs. They both had so much personality!

And Jen, I totally get that. I thought the first one was hard... it just seems to get worse as the years go by. I miss all of them :(
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

02-May-2021 11:40:12

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think you have been immensely brave dealing with this. It must have been so hard to have been so far away, but even so you have managed to still be there for them at the very last, and you will always know that you did that for them.

It doesn`t get any easier as we all know, but we do learn to live with the pain of it

02-May-2021 13:14:40

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To celebrate being fully vaccinated, my daughter took my wife and i to the zoo to see our 4 month old tiger cubs. I had hoped to get some pictures of the cubs for Tuffty, but they were sleeping and the glare on the glass was horrific. Still going through all the pictures to see if i can salvage something.

Too bad the vaccine doesn't help with heart failure and stroke after affects - i am still wiped out from the excursion. Good thing my wife borrowed a wheel chair since, of course, i got exhausted at the point farthest away from the zoo entrance.

Here i am feeding a Romaine lettuce leaf to a giraffe.

§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

03-May-2021 15:19:44

Brigantia

Brigantia

I've been trying to get ahold of some isopropyl alcohol (so I can clean my jewelry with) and when I googled it, google suggested that I try and get something called surgical spirits?

I got some a bit ago and it's... methyl salicylate???

THAT IS NOT THE SAME THING.

It does smell better tho tbf.

ugh ENGLAND PLS

@CapnBrigantia

04-May-2021 17:57:38

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top