Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ehh I found this:

Tezuka's family and Tezuka Productions have never pursued litigation against The Walt Disney Company for copyright infringement. Yoshihiro Shimizu, the company's director, stated that many of their employees saw resemblances between the two properties, but "any similarities in their plots are based in the facts of nature and therefore are two different works".[42] In his book, Makoto Tezuka states that the controversy started in America and people inflated the issue because of their opposition to Disney's business practices. He also states that he refuses to participate in this denunciation of Disney and that he does not want to see his father's works being turned into a weapon for those people. Tezuka acknowledges that Kimba and The Lion King are two different stories with different themes, and if the latter was about a white lion who spoke with humans, then he would not be able to pardon the similarities.[43]
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

27-Jul-2020 03:20:28

Shiavui

Shiavui

Posts: 50,740 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sometimes I wonder how our politicians ever got into their position.
https://twitter.com/AlexDaviesJones/status/1286291314926071812

Both Conservatives and Labour are useless. Something monumental truly needs happen to our political system.

If censorship and extreme control is your go-to thought process, then you should be removed from office and not allowed to ever be re-elected.

27-Jul-2020 07:40:08 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2020 07:41:57 by Shiavui

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shiavui said :
Sometimes I wonder how our politicians ever got into their position.
https://twitter.com/AlexDaviesJones/status/1286291314926071812

Both Conservatives and Labour are useless. Something monumental truly needs happen to our political system.

If censorship and extreme control is your go-to thought process, then you should be removed from office and not allowed to ever be re-elected.

Oh Lordy!
Whilst I can't imagine it'd be my cup o' tea, if it's between consenting adults then Politicians really ought to mind their own business.

If she, as an individual, objected to the article and wanted to complain then fair enough it's her right to do so, I guess. But do it from an account that is her as a private individual, not as her the Member of Parliament.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Jul-2020 11:38:16

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heh well yeah maybe.

Although, I'd never want to laugh at what other people consider works for them (or doesn't work). We all have our little foibles, after all.

What's rattled my cage about her tweet is that she's all fluffed up and outraged about what other (consenting) adults do whilst wearing her Politician's cloak. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Jul-2020 11:51:06

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top