Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The crusts on ready sliced white loaves aren't very nice but a freshly baked uncut loaf like the local supermarket's "giraffe" bread is totally different. I daren't buy them very often because I wouldn't be able to resist cutting slices and smothering them with proper butter. Oh dear..I want a slice now and we haven't got any. :( :P

28-Apr-2021 23:49:53

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I used to enjoy bread with those poppy seeds on it. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with a medical condition that means I can't eat seeds because they might cause problems. :( It means I can no longer eat one of my favourites... raspberries. :( I've tried pushing them through a sieve, raw or lightly cooked, but they don't taste as nice and quite a bit gets wasted.

29-Apr-2021 10:37:41

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,613 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Poppy seed bagels are yummy.
There's a bagel shop across the road from where I used to work that does really nice fresh ones. They bake them on the premises so you can get them still hot out of the oven.

They do all sorts, from relatively healthy multigrain ones to choc chip bagels.
My favourite was toasted poppy seed with cheese and Marmite.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

29-Apr-2021 11:05:55 - Last edited on 29-Apr-2021 11:07:46 by Rooh

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recently learned that wild gardens are actually a thing (here in the UK) and I think that's kind of cool.

I had been looking at house listings and some of them mentioned a wild garden which confused me. But hey, that works too.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

29-Apr-2021 12:07:19

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#HJJTVVHCT] said :
Ya know

I'm actually kind of glad that there are still Ice cream vans in the UK

The sprinkle thingies they add as flavor makes the ice creams taste amazing

One comes through the village were I'm working every day stops near us at around 13:45 rather surprisingly he got a sale today from some old bloke.

29-Apr-2021 20:46:13

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
If you eat any poppy seeds do not drive lol.

You will get a positive result for drugs. :P

I love them too and often get them on bread. They add a nice flavour and texture.

I just googled the effects of poppy seeds and apparently you can get a positive result for drugs even after eating a bagel sprinkled with them :O

Wild gardens are beautiful, they have so much character.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

29-Apr-2021 21:29:16

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Nick said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Congrats Nick ! Will we be able to listen to it anywhere?

Dong U Dead said :

Can we hear It?

[#HJJTVVHCT] said :
Will it be on youtube

Wow! I'm flattered you'd like a listen - it's not out until early May but here's a private link to check it out :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-739705715-629003225/auburn

I finally got around to listening D your fantastic with a great voice. I'm now wondering do you write your songs on experience?? Is it someone in your life or your past??
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

29-Apr-2021 21:52:15

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
I recently learned that wild gardens are actually a thing (here in the UK) and I think that's kind of cool.

I had been looking at house listings and some of them mentioned a wild garden which confused me. But hey, that works too.

I've got a little area of "wild garden" tucked away at the very back. It's got a puddle pond, just a small one, but we've got newts and frogs breeding in there and I know a fox comes to drink regularly as I've seen his paw prints in the mud.

We sowed several packets of wild seeds a few years back and it's a glorious jumble of the sort of plants that most people try to rid their gardens of with a variety of beetles bugs and beasties visiting. Best of all we've got a few residents in the Bee Boxes we put up. It's really quite fun and I'm considering expanding Messy Corner.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

29-Apr-2021 21:55:06

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top