Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Mission accomplished :D :D :D

Now I will never see a post, thread or quoted post by that person ever again. YAY !!!

I am thinking you are correct in this thinking. There is an easy defeat to the solution, but if a person hasn't figure it out by now, I doubt they will anytime soon.

So you should be good!
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

19-Jan-2020 05:03:08

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What, you mean like start an alt to continue being an undesirable presence? I'd just stick that on the List as well, as soon as it reared it's ugly head.

Maybe that's too easy and there's something else you have in mind. I can't imagine what that is. I'll have to try to solve that problem if it appears!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Jan-2020 10:18:54

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
What, you mean like start an alt to continue being an undesirable presence? I'd just stick that on the List as well, as soon as it reared it's ugly head.

Maybe that's too easy and there's something else you have in mind. I can't imagine what that is. I'll have to try to solve that problem if it appears!
Or wait for someone else to solve it for you :D
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

19-Jan-2020 11:13:47

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

No, it is a common problem often associated with how the code is written. But, since the code is looking on a string that is already fairly strict as to what it can allow (usernames) before the code is applied, it may work.

Also, even if the code is defeated, I highly doubt the language doesn't offer a more precise solution as the "weak" part of the code is a very normal and common issue and since it has to be applied on more website than just runescape, no one would use it if it didn't offer more precise solutions.

So I think you are good. It is a creative first shot at solving a problem, refining and testing is also a completely normal part of coding and failure doesn't mean the whole idea has to be scrapped, just it needs to be refined.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

19-Jan-2020 11:43:16 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2020 12:59:20 by Averia Light

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
I hope I am that lucky person Fifi!!

I'm afraid not, Dong. Most of the time I don't find you at all objectionable. But you now have it within your power to put me on your very own Ignore List.

I'm dismal at anything even remotely techie but managed to accomplish it in a matter of minutes. I seem to recall from past posts that you, too, are not terribly good at technical computer stuff but if I can suss it out then I'm sure you'll be able to.

So I'll take this opportunity to say "Toodle-pip" .... you might see it before your List goes live.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Jan-2020 11:50:20

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,135 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Tenebri said :
FiFi LaFeles said :

when rs linkify worked you were able to have a "blacklist" which was an ignore. but unfortunately rs linkify has stopped working when jagex made some changes to the forums url. the creator of linkify doesnt update it :(

but some people have gotten it to work by changing settings. i havent tried yet.

its an extension for chrome.

I never did get around to using Linkify. You could get all sorts of different forum avatars with that as well, if I recall correctly? Although they could only be seen if the other person was using Linkify as well.

But the method described in this thread:
278-279-13-66139123
works a treat. All past and future snarky, toxic posts are vaporized - for me, they're literally talking to themselves. It's like the person has simply ceased to exist entirely.
Bliss :D

Indeed thats right i really liked linkify it worked a treat on many things made forums so much easier

I may have to use that method. A few that if happily add lmao.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

19-Jan-2020 13:51:44 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2020 13:53:32 by Tenebri

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Jan-2020 22:43:09

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that maybe it takes a much stronger minded person to ignore others if those others are being obnoxious, and not reply to endless and self opinionated ranting from those who may obviously be attention seeking.

20-Jan-2020 05:14:00

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top