Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
CM Nick said :
Hid an off-topic post.
Maybe you should try to be a bit more specific on your explanations. How others perceive the actions of the moderation is important.

There's no such thing as an "off-topic post" in the Off-Topic Chat Lounge. ;)

True
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-May-2019 21:49:33

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :

Just some friendly advice. :)

Cheers for the advice, Nex. As this was one of about 14 thread-hijacking posts from the same user that I was in the process of hiding, admittedly I was being a bit short on the explanations.

We're always looking for ways to improve the communication on both sides for how the RSOF is moderated. so your input is very much appreciated :)
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

06-May-2019 21:54:24 - Last edited on 06-May-2019 21:54:40 by CM Nick

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's fine, it's got to be dealt with, just try to make sure your explanations match the posts in question. If you want to save time, make one post with the full explanation, and then just quote that post when dealing with duplicate posts from the same user.

If your profile fills up with blanket terms being used all over the forums for various posts, the community might turn on you. I like the fact that you engage with the community on a very frequent basis. This means your profile won't fill up with locked threads. When that happens, parts of the community usually turn pretty quickly. So far, I think most of the community appreciates you. I'd like it to stay that way. :)
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

06-May-2019 22:02:11

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
like the fact that you engage with the community on a very frequent basis. This means your profile won't fill up with locked threads. When that happens, parts of the community usually turn pretty quickly. So far, I think most of the community appreciates you. I'd like it to stay that way. :)

I absolutely understand where you're coming from on this, and I really appreciate the kind sentiment here.

Having a chance to actively interact with this community has been awesome, and I am very thankful for the warm welcome and continued engagement I've had with you all on the forums.

I'm always very open to suggestions on what we can do better, so thanks for your comments and honesty!

Now, to get back OFF topic...

Has anyone heard that Blink 182 is touring with Lil Wayne?! O_o O_o
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

06-May-2019 22:07:35 - Last edited on 06-May-2019 22:07:57 by CM Nick

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Here's a good example:
Original message details are unavailable.
Removed 2 off-topic posts - GhostRyder1a, please see the message CM Nick has left on Forum Help for you about your query.

That's much easier for the community to understand than "hid an off-topic post". Your explanation is simply too vague, and ends up with stuff like:
Hid a post for thread hijacking/off-topic.

How can it be thread hijacking in a chat thread??

I know it seems just frivolous, but, I've been part of the community for a few days. I know how quickly things can turn as a result of seemingly innocent comments.

06-May-2019 22:09:25

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

CM Nick said :
Now, to get back OFF topic...

Has anyone heard that Blink 182 is touring with Lil Wayne?! O_o O_o
Didn't the aliens or MIB get Tom already? Or have they replaced him with a clone for the tour?

06-May-2019 22:10:40

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's kinda frightening.

Is it bad that I thought Blink-182 wasn't around anymore?
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

07-May-2019 04:24:15

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

It has been foretold: NexOrigin said :

B
ullocks. Subliminal messages are just a conspiracy. You don't believe that, do you?
U
nconciously having messages sent to your mind without you knowing? Come on...
Y
ou have been watching Tom
many x-files videos.

S
urely you don't believe in that mind control and hypnosis stuff. What' the point?
P
eople wouldn't go through all that effort, would they? To sell more products?
I
think you should just ignore all the conspiracy theories. They're just nonsense.
N
one of them are real.
S
ecret messages, lol. You're funny.

07-May-2019 04:39:53

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top