Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Posts: 16,272 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
I have players that do this on some of my threads over the years and yesterday is the latest - I know on my threads it done in the purpose to antagonize me...

It's actually a surprisingly often-utilized approach to get a thread locked and it has worked several times over the years. When it is unintentional it is just two people locked in an argument, but sometimes it is planned out and executed by a team in order to manipulate moderation to get rid of an unwanted thread.

This was quite a while ago, but the similarities between getting a thread locked and how PACs attempt to gain leverage on opponents is amazing.

22-Jun-2017 01:02:02 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2017 01:21:12 by Shady Nick

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shady Nick said :
Ancient Drew said :
I wouldn't remake the thread if it was down to me. It would go against the grain with quite a few people, and since it involves politics, it's bound to attract arguments.

And here I was thinking that the most interesting threads are the ones that rub some the wrong way and promote debate/discussion. Do you really want a forum where everyone agrees and arguments never happen?
I'm not saying everyone should agree, but some are literally incapable of having arguments in any form of civil manner. And I'm sick of the shitfests. So please spare me the accusation of extremism and painting the picture black and white.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

22-Jun-2017 07:34:40

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To be fair, it takes two (or more) to create such a situation and any party can disengage at any moment to stop the poopshow. Or any party can also deescalate the situation as well, given they have the skill to do so. And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

22-Jun-2017 08:43:17 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2017 08:44:31 by Averia Light

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Meh. I stopped because if I had to deal with that below average IQ any longer, I would have said something I would have later regretted, so yea. "Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

22-Jun-2017 08:51:42

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You also have to realize Krista- my IQ is 130+. I am literally in the top 5%. Average is 2-3 SDs away from me.

What is "Average" to society would be "Below Average" to "Deficient" to me. Does that make me sound like an asshole? Probably, but I never was one to mince my words anywho.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

22-Jun-2017 09:37:35

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you want to make a political thread or other by all means do <- If it interest you and you would like to host why not - if things start to get heated just take it to forum help earlier rather than later if you don't like where something is going.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

22-Jun-2017 11:06:34

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shady Nick said :
Dong U Dead said :
I have players that do this on some of my threads over the years and yesterday is the latest - I know on my threads it done in the purpose to antagonize me...

It's actually a surprisingly often-utilized approach to get a thread locked and it has worked several times over the years. When it is unintentional it is just two people locked in an argument, but sometimes it is planned out and executed by a team in order to manipulate moderation to get rid of an unwanted thread.

This was quite a while ago, but the similarities between getting a thread locked and how PACs attempt to gain leverage on opponents is amazing.

yes - it is even executed between forumers too...

I remember one controversial thread - it was doing really well, not to much friction, but it was a topic that wasn't welcomed into the forums. Anyway a moderator used the excuse of the word thread or post, I can't remember which word it was; but even today I often get the two words round the wrong way - this was their excuse, so I tied to get the thread reopened explaining it was a simple mistake - but nope they used that as an excuse to shut it down - I can't even remember what the topic was now...

I am blamed for the down fall of these forums by some or more than some??
- I am the only one who causes friction, I am the only one that argues, I am the only one that is controversial, I am the only one that can't spell, I am the only one who can't use proper grammar, I am the only one that .... and does .... oh don't forget .... .... ....
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

22-Jun-2017 11:17:55 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2017 11:20:04 by Dong U Dead

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
You also have to realize Krista- my IQ is 130+. I am literally in the top 5%. Average is 2-3 SDs away from me.

What is "Average" to society would be "Below Average" to "Deficient" to me. Does that make me sound like an asshole? Probably, but I never was one to mince my words anywho.
So average to you, is what you look like to those 2 to 3 Standard Deviations beyond you on the normal distribution curve...

Just saying. But then again people in that group seem to be aware of what they do not know and treat others with respect.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

22-Jun-2017 15:26:24

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't remember taking an IQ test of any kind if I'm being honest. And even if I was good, I wouldn't say. Maybe if I knew my IQ I would say what it is and leave it at that, not really saying whether I'm intelligent or not. People have said to me before that I am, but I'm not entirely convinced. The way I see it, I'm smarter than some and not as smart as others. And there are different fields to take into account as well. That being said I would consider myself skilled in some areas, but not really exercising the skills I have. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

22-Jun-2017 15:40:17

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top