Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fire Hawk154 said :
Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before, I photograph birds (and other animals) in my spare time. Over the summer I've mostly shot kingfishers, as they live quite close to my home.

Here's a young female, looking around for any predators.

This is her last week, landing on a branch.

In the winter I'll probably focus on owls, buzzards, marsh harriers and kestrels. I'm still hoping to get a shot of a hawk to honour my name ^_^

They are beautiful photos, Fire Hawk.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

04-Sep-2017 22:21:27 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2017 22:22:38 by Bernadette

Haukur

Haukur

Posts: 1,384 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am currently in a war with the starlings, or as I call them rats with wings, over my purple martin nest boxed. They have been running the Martins out of the nest boxes I have set up. As well as running the other birds away from the feeders i have.

One solution that I am finding to be some what effective in the war, is a daisy red rider bb gun,
Don't ever think the reason I am peaceful is because I do not know how to be violent.
Ekki hugsa alltaf að ég sé friðsælt vegna þess að ég veit ekki hvernig á að vera ofbeldi.

05-Sep-2017 16:46:31

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice to see this thread on page 1 :)

Great shots Fire Hawk!

A few pages back I posted about a kingfisher I'd seen. following on from that a guy who lives next to the pond says they were breeding on the river up past his house (I had hoped they might have been), but that there were mink present :(

Heard a Hobby calling a few nights in local wood same as I've seen/heard them before.

Buzzards everyday odd sparrowhawk kestrel hear Owls calling now and again

had fox in the garden last week attacked my brothers hens silly things roost outside on top of the hen hut instead of going inside... so if fox comes before he goes puts them in...

oh plenty of house martins this evening assuming they're on the way south as we don't see that many during the summer.

Turned my swift box off no interest this year :( but I'll be ready next year!

05-Sep-2017 21:39:25 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2017 21:40:28 by Wilf

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Well last week I saw a barn owl flying over the road don't think I've seen locally before. Was around 6pm and crows were mobbing it I was in a wagon so slowed down as it was heading towards me but went over the hedge before I was near :)

28-Sep-2017 22:01:07

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Yer pretty well thanks. read updates on your life on OTL :P although I mainly go to see if any pictures to make me laugh

partly why I'm on here tonight as there was something about the forums in the chat box

28-Sep-2017 22:18:35 - Last edited on 28-Sep-2017 22:20:33 by Wilf

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
Had a pair of Nuthatch on the feeder today not seen any for a long time :)
I love Nuthatch. Back in the day I used to feed birds in a local park during the winter. Had various birds eat right out of my hand, chickadee (easy), cardinals (took some patience and safflower seeds), and nuthatch (a real challenge).
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

11-Oct-2017 19:31:45

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top