Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
wht.

Anyway had a day out today:
Top of the pile were Goosanders, Goldeneye, and Bramblings.

Tree Sparrows, House Sparrows, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Sparrowhawk, Reed Bunting, Greenfinch, Gadwall, Coot, Moorhen, Shelduck, Mallard, Mute Swan, Pied Wagtail, Starling, Magpie, Crow, Skylark, Pochard, Black Headed Gull, Lesser Black Backed Gull, Pheasant, Bullfinch, Teal Widgeon, and Collard Dove.

01-Feb-2013 19:47:58

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Seeing as the weather is pretty poor I did some watching of my feeders:

Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Siskin
Long Tailed ***
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Wood Pigeon
Dunnock
Robin
Great ***
Coal ***
Blue ***
Nuthatch
Carrion Crow
Common Gull
Magpie
Blackbird
Bullfinch

09-Mar-2013 14:22:15

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Had two pairs of Curlew in my local area along with a large flock of 30+ Siskin. Also 12 Waxwing in the village next to me, I got some record shots of them.

Had a couple of foot of snow last week with drifts of over 7foot on the roads further up from me so been pretty busy in the garden with the birds from the above post being present with the addition of 3 Song Thrush and a regular sighting of a sparrowhawk. Hoping to see a barn owl sometime this month in the fields next to me, or failing that some a few minutes drive away as both sites have a good habitat and I know they use them as hunting grounds due to hearing there calls. I'm thinking the bad weather will be forcing them to hunt earlier, which is not uncommon as I've seen them in the middle of the day previously.

28-Mar-2013 18:22:47

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

^ Going Friday.

Great weekend went looking for a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker on sat and with 30mins had connected, some poor guy had been there 3 hours waiting..

Today:
Barn Owl (said I'd see one)
Goosander
Med Gull
Black Headed Gull
Avocet
Snipe
Little Grebe
Whooper Swan
LBB Gull
Redshank
Ringed Plover