Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sparrowhawk this morning, was chased by crows till out of sight.

https://***.zeemaps.***/edit/sAHmkYUkuG1CN3zbHSfdLQ

Hello on page 134 of this thread I've just seen this:

"Wilf/DrStrangelov
- I have escalated this matter to the Head of Community."

What was the outcome of this ( I can probably guess...) as I left the forums in the days prior to that being posted only returning by happenstance a week or so ago and after somebody was asking about the case I thought I'd explain why I was fuming so came to copy the Jmod responses which is when I saw the above.

I'm still expecting an apology for the way that case was handled it is impossible for me to be wrong, but as I'm not posting on reddit I guess I can be bullied.

"You were directed to Mod Review. You had answers there. You didn't like those answers. When you don't like such answers, it doesn't mean that you disregard them and post basically the same content. "

banned for ignoring your answers that I didn't even get oh and by the way thanks for the forum strike for daring to question you. Really makes you look reasonable people by instead of responding with some form of explanation for any of the action you just punish me without saying anything.

Seeing as I'm here:

23-24-1-64115821

page 71

Twillow

I'd also not seen that the mod had hidden two posts made by my alt one for saying I was banned and one for saying I was unbanned, unsubscribing and not going to be posting as much? I think that's what I said but anyway the mod said it was necessary to hide them? Come on I think we know that's going over the top and smacks of vindictiveness.

I had said I wasn't going to post here again but seeing that comment from the 27th March and checking it against the strike which was added before that and then receiving no communication I'm curious.

Regardless it has cost you one long time member and I doubt you'll care about this post I mean it isn't on reddit with the masses baying for blood as a result of

28-Nov-2012 17:49:03 - Last edited on 24-May-2017 17:55:24 by Wilf

The contents of this message have been hidden.

28-Nov-2012 18:02:37

Rinion Zrene

Rinion Zrene

Posts: 5,545 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, birds... I remember when I was in elementary school... My aunt got me a birdfeeder for Christmas, and I was so excited... The birdfeeder lasted a few years, but then a few squirrels chewed it to bits. I was so ticked off.
I commonly see Black-Capped Chickadees and Tufted Titmouses.

28-Nov-2012 18:13:26

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Dr Delirium
If you wish to post on threads, be sure that you are posting on-topic. Your off-topic posts (and another related to it) have been removed. If you continue to post off-topic posts across threads, you are likely to find yourself without forum privileges. Please refrain. :)
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

28-Nov-2012 18:19:16

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

nvm, I forget some people have no sense of humour.

There is a lot to say in my opinion but I'd just be repeating myself.

That I've been called a liar by a forum mod in public which is simply not true and it is this refusal to acknowledge that the reason I was banned is wrong is what caused me to unsubscribe and leave the forums.

I can accept your decisions when it is a matter of opinion even if I don't agree and think you're very much wrong, but when it is straight up fact that is being ignored it became a matter of principle and the only option I had was to unsubscribe.

as for being deliberately abrasive I think that is the wrong choice of words I'm one of the most pleasant people you'll meet on here nor am I false. Just because I make derisive posts about moderation and other things is no reason for the moderator to feel attacked perhaps they should read my post and think yes he has a point that is actually a stupid thing and do something about it instead. I do in my opinion try to be lighthearted/somewhat humorous in my attempts but alas it isn't always easy with text nor does everyone share my tastes.

Think on this too what do the cm team say to people who complain about certain fmods messages being rude/arrogant/offensive etc? Is it that that's just how they are and that you've no problems with it or do you advise them to change how they post. I know the answer so I'm amused at you suggesting I change how I post.

now considering that I'm a helpful member of the community who really has spent innumerable hours contributing to it so to change how I engage with it would be a bad thing.

I will admit I've not contributed as much in the past few years however I do remember a user posting on a thread about avatars and how you judge their opinions that I along with another two who had default avatars were some of the most helpful people they've met on the forums.

I could be lying but I'm not I've a decent memory for trivial things I've read especially when

28-Nov-2012 18:29:02 - Last edited on 25-May-2017 18:46:24 by Wilf

ToP BaSS

ToP BaSS

Posts: 19,464 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I live out in the sticks in the UK and regularly see many of the more common birds.

The most unusual ones I have seen are Green Woodpecker, Wren, Swan (flying), Heron.

I don't know if this counts but its worth it for the amusing story.
I was up on my house roof one day (as you do) to fix the TV aerial (antenna) and onto the aerial flew a Parakeet. It watched me and I watched it. I put out my hand and it jumped on, I gently grabbed it so it wouldn't escape. Anyone ever tried climbing down a ladder holding a Parakeet? :P I made enquiries and it belonged to a neighbour who had lost it a couple of days before.

01-Dec-2012 04:04:03

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

I like Woodpeckers. Got Great Spotted that I see at least once a week. Would be nice to get some green ones in the fields next to me more often than present.

Parakeets have established themselves in the UK so a wild one would count, but not a pet :P

01-Dec-2012 23:52:49

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top