Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's Cat ! Without her hat :(

Hopefully in a couple of months the spotted beast mystery will be cleared up and I can say with all the authority at my disposal that this bird is a ........ myeah! One of dem.

Have a good (rest of) Summer - hah! has it even started yet? Arrivederci :)

x
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

18-Jun-2014 12:48:23

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I mentioned a while back about a pair of Mistle Thrush I'd seen. I'd not seen nor heard of them again until last week when I saw a magpie fly into a tree and heard a bit of a scuffle and the Mapie fly off. I was sure I heard a Mistle Thrush and the next day I saw one flying into a nearby tree. Hopefully they have been successful.

18-Jun-2014 12:59:09

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While working I could hear the swallows alarming, and arcing through them was a magnificent Hobby. Sadly I didn't have any bins nearby, but it was in the field adjacent to me and ended going off over my head so had decent views.

Been a couple of years since I last saw one as well, and that was at a nature reserve where they are daily this time of year. Made the day that much better.

04-Jul-2014 21:39:57

Catweazle
Nov Member 2005

Catweazle

Posts: 23,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very quiet in the garden now that everything has fledged and flown. Even the raucous gaggle of Starlings have moved on.

One faithful Robin and a few Sparrows, plus the evening snack and bath for the Collared Doves and that's it :(

We had 10 pairs of Doves last year, only one this year. Over-zealous shooting I reckon as the Wood Pigeons are much scarcer this year too.

12-Jul-2014 00:10:03

Andy S
Aug Member 2022

Andy S

Posts: 7,862 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Been reading through this thread today, and as much as I can't see the fun in it, i've been googling the pictures and following your expeditions.....this thread is surprisingly interesting....and some of the birds are actually quite stunning....
There is no spoon

12-Jul-2014 16:32:49

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top