Forums

Separate Server for Asian play

Quick find code: 185-186-279-66227856

Dreamfyyre
Jan Member 2023

Dreamfyyre

Posts: 103 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Jagex,

Many Asian and south asian players like me have been playing runescape since 2008 even before that for some veteran players.
There used to be a different server for asian players and especially for players in "India" but after eoc i beleive those servers were taken out.

Even Now many players like me are playing on regular basis enjoying this place where we forget all our worries. But the fun gets ruined at bossing because of 200+ ping. And many players are forced not to have the 100% fun as we always expect.

As on now i and players like me wants to request Jagex team to kindly start pushing boundaries and get us a separate server for better response time at bossing.

We won't quit because of this but its just not the 100% fun. I want to play WE WANT TO PLAY! with a better ping and more fun at bossing. And a regular player would know the big difference can be granted with better ping.
Regular ping is always 150-280.

And i appeal to all asian players also to kindly support this thread and make this voice louder. Its nothing against jagex just a voice for a better gaming time we have imagined from a long long time.

And i request to jagex team also to kindly look into it and make our Rs Life better..

Thanks!

12-Aug-2021 19:13:58

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,747 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Just pick a server close to your location! India got removed probably of the server cost or people killed cows!

Can't really choose a server closer to you if the closest is on another continent...

I'm curious why there still aren't any in Asia. People have been asking for so long without anything from Jagex on what the reason is. Not worth it? Bot farm issues? Can't find a place to put them? Some backward legal issues?
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

12-Aug-2021 21:08:27

vonSageworth

vonSageworth

Posts: 1,752 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didn't there used to be an Asian server several years ago? It seems to me that it was taken down because there weren't enough players to justify the cost of keeping it open. RuneScape has grown and more people from distant lands are wanting to play.

I agree, let our Asian brethren have the same QoL we enjoy while playing RS.
Music is the Heartbeat of the World

Let's flip a coin; heads I win, tails you lose. Fair enough?

12-Aug-2021 22:52:25

Dreamfyyre
Jan Member 2023

Dreamfyyre

Posts: 103 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, There used to be and I believe it was removed maybe because of the low player count. But now I know a lot of people who are/ have been playing this game.

And a lot of Asian players are putting their effort into this game so I believe Jagex should make it an official update.

13-Aug-2021 14:47:12

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They could probably free up one of the servers that gets <500 traffic. I think this is a good suggestion, as with the release of Runescape Mobile it will bring a fair amount of Asian players into the game I'd imagine. If PUBG and PUBG Mobile are any indicators at least. Good luck! Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

13-Aug-2021 16:01:48 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2021 16:02:59 by SlR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am not sure about the necessity of Asian servers as Jagex's words are they are focusing on Brazilian and Australian players now. Their job adverts and other information also point to they are looking for people with localization and Latin American languages proficiency.

My best guess is Asian servers may not be their highest priority this year. They may come eventually because they are also looking to expand Runescape support from 3 to 10 foreign languages. There is a very good chance big Asian markets like Korea, China and Japan will be the focal points after the Latin America markets. It probably won't be this year though.

13-Aug-2021 23:26:19

vonSageworth

vonSageworth

Posts: 1,752 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Another problem could be the lack of Asian speaking Mods. I don't know that for sure, though. For each language there has to be a Mod that speaks that language either as a Native tongue or a secondary tongue. Most efficient would be Mods who speak multiple tongues.
Music is the Heartbeat of the World

Let's flip a coin; heads I win, tails you lose. Fair enough?

14-Aug-2021 10:27:09

Quick find code: 185-186-279-66227856 Back to Top