Forums

You cannot just quit Runescape

Quick find code: 181-182-873-65894962

Elle

Elle

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nobody ever quits Runescape! Roughest thing happened to me last year and silly me thought I could quit but look at me now ^_^ Still here. ^_^
Everybody's talking but what is anybody saying?

Twitter: @elleqat

06-Jun-2020 14:07:02

Scubaru267
Nov Member 2023

Scubaru267

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been playing for almost 16 years now. When EOC first came out, I didn't like it and I was confused by it. I didn't understand it. I would periodically login play for 5 minutes and get bored. Finally, summer of 2017 I was living in a different state for a summer for an internship. I would get bored, work nights and decided to hop on. I grinded out 99 woodcutting, my first level 99. I hit that 99 and I got so excited that I decided to get my next big skill, fletching, I also knew this was a money maker back in the day so I grinded that out, boom 99 so and so forth. I now had recently hit max combat, and I loved doing ED3, and some of the mini bosses, finally killed Jad, and it's motivated me more and more to play the game. There are times I am genuinely bored of playing this game, but for some reason I continue to play. I just love this game, it's my second most consistent game that I play non-stop. My first is SOCOM.

Fun fact: I used to fish at Caterby while I played SOCOM. Every time I died, waiting for the next round I would fish at Caterby lol or woodcut Yews in Seers Village. I miss SOCOM. Runescape truly is my favorite and longest playing game. I don't think I'll ever quit until I'm dead.

08-Jun-2020 00:01:32

JonSnw

JonSnw

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty true,lol. You might think you've quit, but there you are again! I used to quit for months, but I always find my way back for some reason :)
He who strikes terror in others is himself continually in fear.

09-Jun-2020 16:58:45

[#3M3KOUY0H]

[#3M3KOUY0H]

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's definitely hard to quit Runescape as there are regularly new features that make the game interesting (I know some may not like all the features but just a matter of taste).

I'm an on-off player, and go through phases of playing and long periods on inactivity, but will thing about quitting playing completely. Mainly due to other life commitments

24-Sep-2020 16:09:56

Citi Bank

Citi Bank

Posts: 3,697 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for sharing @FIambarge.

I got scammed in a trade several months ago and I thought I was likely to quit, only to find myself encouraged to get better and better at RS3! Since then, I've maxed my levels and accumulated lots of wealth from investing in items I felt had great potential to rise in value.

Can never quit RS!
~Citi

Visit the Item Discussion Chat Lounge!
PM me to buy/ sell rares! DM me on Discord: citi bank rs#7186

28-Sep-2020 07:32:35

The contents of this message have been hidden.

01-Oct-2020 11:17:53

Conqueress

Conqueress

Posts: 2,238 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
16 years later and here I still am. :P

I play on and off. I take long enough breaks to miss the game, but if I'm not in-game, I'm definitely in the forums lol.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Conqueress *´¨)
"You may encounter many defeats, but you must never be defeated." - Maya Angelou

03-Oct-2020 02:28:39

Lance Porter

Lance Porter

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
B eanDip said :
You know why people quit? Becuase the game is bad. EVERYONE quit EOC runescape. Im going to quit after I max. This new content is garbage and the community is ugly.

I’m sorry you feel that way about the game! I’ve been a part of the community since 2004 and, while the nostalgia keeps bringing me back, I can’t help but play in at least 2-3 month increments when I inevitably return! I’ve only ever had three 99s at any one time, I’ve played across too many accounts, but I still enjoy my time here with the friends I’ve made and with the ones I’ve yet to make :)

09-Oct-2020 20:47:49

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You don't quit the game, you just take a big break and then return, to enjoy it even more. Jagex keeping us all glued to our screens, they must be doing something right! props to them.

RuneScape is fun playing with your clan, friends, it is very social.

That is why most of us play for X amount of hours per day, and it helps us all grind XP or farm a boss, that is why I keep playing and achieving my goals! (mainly for the community)

EDIT:Forgot to mention it is also a lovely escape from the real world.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

11-Oct-2020 23:05:49 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2020 23:07:06 by Mr Rey Ray

Quick find code: 181-182-873-65894962 Back to Top