Forums

You cannot just quit Runescape

Quick find code: 181-182-873-65894962

Respectpays

Respectpays

Posts: 834 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ive actually seen a lot people quit for simple fact that game isn't fun anymore. most problems with people actually quitting is the simple fact that there's so little amount of will power in ppl today it makes me cry. ive lost at least 60 friends since the start of this game. they have never came back.

21-Apr-2017 00:02:30

BadriTouzene
May Member 2023

BadriTouzene

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh man.. I've quit drinking before I've quit RuneScape.

I was thinking of starting an anonymous group for people struggling with video-game/ RuneScape addiction.

The first step would be admitting you've got a problem. I'm powerless over my RuneScape addiction. I'm a slave to exp gains and new content.

Sure, there are healthy ways to play but I've passed that. I try to manage my playing. I tell myself I'll play for a limit of one hour a day, and then I'm playing early in the morning for 2 hours. I could be spending that time doing something more productive. I have to ask myself, "What do I really gain from playing RuneScape?"

I've got to weigh out my pros and cons.

Pros: Fun, feels rewarding, nostalgia
Cons: Takes my time, takes my money, could be doing something more productive.

At this time, I have made the conscious decision to quit RuneScape. I feel this game is now a thing of my past. It was fun while it lasted, but RuneScape, I've got to say goodbye.

It's been a real 13 years, my first account being permanently banned in 2008 and having to start over. Lots of memories and lots of friends made, but it's time I move on!

Peace out RuneScape!
Live as if you were to die today; learn as if you were to live forever.

22-Apr-2018 21:25:01

Tan zent

Tan zent

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I created this account back in '04, my friend who told me about this game, has not played after '09 or '10. I never actually been that much invested in the game, always liked other action rpgs and racing games, only played runescape while browsing or when i did not have any other games to play or just nothing to do. So for that obvious reason i was not member eventually i completely stopped playing after'09 till '14-ish might have just logged in checked out new stuff, completely hated EOC so left for good.

Now in '18 march, i was watching so video games related content on youtube and i stumbled upon this video of gals/guys killing Telos , i had no idea it was runescape coz i did not know that thing existed in the game,. The video brought me back into the game, i was taken aback by the graphical fidelity and also the heavily ability dependent combat, many shit i could not recognize,mostly curses,weapons and armors. So i started looking other pvm stuff,new updates,skills and found out that you can pay for bonds using in game gp., i checked my bank had like 6m in it and only needed like 9m more, got back into the game, ...and here i am back; although i was never truly in.

EOC and PVM are criticized, controversial for dividing player base, but those two things got me back in fact i might aim for comp cape.

01-Aug-2018 11:29:35

Nshoring

Nshoring

Posts: 363 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've taken breaks in the past to play other games but RuneScape is the only one that keeps me coming back. There is always something to do and with Jagex updating the game nonstop, there is always fresh content which is nice to see whenever a quitting player returns.

15-Aug-2018 19:55:58

Quick find code: 181-182-873-65894962 Back to Top