Forums

You cannot just quit Runescape

Quick find code: 181-182-873-65894962

Jyggy

Jyggy

Posts: 46,213 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You really can quit playing runescape when the time is right. Four years or so since I stopped playing and no inclination to log in game again. I pop on the forums once or twice a year but still not enticed back in game. For everything there is a time.

That said, I loved the time I spent playing the game, it was great fun and Jagex provided something very special. Keep having fun guys!

17-Aug-2018 09:38:27 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2018 09:40:56 by Jyggy

Fatem
Nov Member 2023

Fatem

Posts: 402 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you can, you are just weak of mind. runescape is pretty poor with getting answers and even worse when it comes to problems. they have a bad history of forgiving streamers and coming down hard on regular players...

18-Aug-2018 22:03:25

Conqueress

Conqueress

Posts: 2,238 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've tried to quit so many times over the years but I couldn't find myself to do it. Lol I've had to recover this account so many times, and I've had my fair share of losses, both in Wilderness and Stakings back when dueling was heavily popular. I might've took a break for about a week or 2, maybe even a month, but then I'd come right back because I just don't give up. I would always tell myself, "Ah, it's just a game." even though I'd subconsciously get upset because of the time I had invested just as anyone would.

Here I am, 14 years later, last time I've played actively was in 2015, here we are in 2018, and I'm planning on making my return to this game that I've played here and there throughout my childhood, so I guess you're right! One simply cannot just quit playing RuneScape. :P however, do NOT let it consume your REAL LIFE.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Conqueress *´¨)
"You may encounter many defeats, but you must never be defeated." - Maya Angelou

30-Sep-2018 22:50:53 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2018 00:34:44 by Conqueress

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same as many, I come and go, come and go... come and go... The only time I tried to quit was when I got 99 in Attack, Strength and Defence at the same time, back in 2009 or something. It was a weird mix of happiness, melancholy and boredom. Returned after two weeks, lol.

Got perm ban from forums (oh boy, those days...) and Jagex granted me a second chance :)

This account literally went to the next galaxy and returned. It's a very long story full of thrilling, drama, 2012's-wut-is-dis-gaem-Jiflex and so on. Lotsa adventures and a heap load of hours invested. I've been zamorakian, bandosian, serenite, guthixian (for one month)... formely a Demon-Vyrelady and now a Winged elven warrioress. Tee-hee.

And here I am, still playing. One thing I didn't like during my last return was discovering my usual spots are now completely abandoned: many minigames (specially Stealing Creation, holy elves...), Living Rock Caverns w85 (not a single soul, when it used to be packed) and Dungeoneering w77. It's a big ghost town :|

Anyway, I think I'll never fully quit this.
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

25-Jan-2020 16:51:59

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,961 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rune
= something that is in your heart which you can't feel nor touch but can be found throughout the nothern hemisphere of earth
Scape
= an old saying/writing for the word 'skills' originated from the 'gold-industries'

25-Jan-2020 23:27:44

Jaekob Caed
Apr Member 2011

Jaekob Caed

Posts: 7,173 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've had my ups and downs over the years. I quit for two years after I died to a farmer and lost everything. That was back in 2004 when I was merely 9 years old, I didn't even realize that I'd drop most of my stuff when I died and I apparently didn't know how to properly use the bank. I came back in 2006 with a new account (this one) which I still play on to this day. I also quit the game for about an hour when I died and lost 10k gold, though a friendly player saw it happen and gave it back to me, so I kept playing.

Throughout the years, though, I've had times where I've played more or less. In recent years, I have little spurts of activity but I haven't played obsessively since about 2013 or 2014. When MMG left, the game started to go a little downhill for me but I still love it and I'm hopeful about the future thanks to Mod Warden. My most active time was from about 2011-2014, where I played almost nothing but RuneScape. I was also massively active from about 2006-2008. I slowed down on activity around that time because I discovered The Elder Scrolls and became obsessed.

Nowadays, I have so many games I play that I barely get time to focus on any of them for too long, but I still really enjoy RuneScape and can't see myself ever quitting. I probably won't let my membership lapse either, though that all depends on my financial situation (which, right now, isn't the greatest).
~
Jaekob Caed
: Scribe, Scholar and Prince of the Kingdom of Heaven ~
The Jagex I once loved is dead... A THREAD

28-Jan-2020 13:09:17

Blacklokz

Blacklokz

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I recently came back from a long break aswell, speaking of years. This account should be around 10 years old now and I came back because of the influence of friends playing RS3/OSRS. Felt in love with the game again... ;)

12-Feb-2020 03:46:53

Quick find code: 181-182-873-65894962 Back to Top