Forums

Will RS ever be Scaled Up?

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295

AI-lslam

AI-lslam

Posts: 3,955 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EthanAlvaree said :
If they do this, hopefully they fix the issue of going from swamp (Lumbridge) immediately to hot, dry, arid desert (Al Kharid) back to swamp (Mort Myre) in the matter of less than a kilometer.

Yeah this is just one of the various problems with the 'environment' in RS.
This is a dying game. Everything about it is just gaining XP and levels for a stupid cape, it's not about the unlocks. The skills are broken, combat system is dull and repetitive. And the MTX...lol.

06-Aug-2014 00:56:50

BiggyB
Dec Member 2016

BiggyB

Posts: 5,432 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AI-lslam said :
EthanAlvaree said :
If they do this, hopefully they fix the issue of going from swamp (Lumbridge) immediately to hot, dry, arid desert (Al Kharid) back to swamp (Mort Myre) in the matter of less than a kilometer.

Le Infamous XP Waster... Part-time Demon Flash Mob Hunter; 8 titles found

06-Aug-2014 01:11:48

AI-lslam

AI-lslam

BiggyB said :
AI-lslam said :
EthanAlvaree said :

Biggy, what do you think of my suggestion on the previous page? I would like to get some feedback on it, would appreciate it. :)

It's the one towards the bottom.
This is a dying game. Everything about it is just gaining XP and levels for a stupid cape, it's not about the unlocks. The skills are broken, combat system is dull and repetitive. And the MTX...lol.

06-Aug-2014 01:17:45 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2014 01:18:15 by AI-lslam

Pikkupstix
Feb Member 2020

Pikkupstix

Posts: 5,929 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AI-lslam said :
BiggyB said :
AI-lslam said :
EthanAlvaree said :

Biggy, what do you think of my suggestion on the previous page? I would like to get some feedback on it, would appreciate it. :)

I think it could be a good idea. If they had to change up the map a little, perhaps they could start with Gower's original RS map (I saw a picture of it somewhere, can't remember atm).
Pikkupstix

Mithril dragons drop mithril bars.

06-Aug-2014 01:42:34

AI-lslam

AI-lslam

Pikkupstix said :
AI-lslam said :
BiggyB said :
AI-lslam said :
EthanAlvaree said :

I think it could be a good idea. If they had to change up the map a little, perhaps they could start with Gower's original RS map (I saw a picture of it somewhere, can't remember atm).

If you go on Google and type in, 'RuneScape world map history', and click the first link, I think one of those is what you may be talking about.

06-Aug-2014 03:17:33

Pikkupstix
Feb Member 2020

Pikkupstix

Posts: 5,929 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AI-lslam said :
Pikkupstix said :
AI-lslam said :
BiggyB said :
AI-lslam said :
EthanAlvaree said :

If you go on Google and type in, 'RuneScape world map history', and click the first link, I think one of those is what you may be talking about.

Yeah, that's the one. I couldn't remember exactly what it looked like when I wrote my comment. I'm not quite sure how it would pan out if they did scrape the entire world.
Pikkupstix

Mithril dragons drop mithril bars.

06-Aug-2014 05:35:44

Jon Stryder

Jon Stryder

Posts: 7,372 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EthanAlvaree said :

There are other locations which also don't make sense, logically if not geographically, because of the restricted space available. My favourite example is the outlaw camp between Varrock and Edgeville.

The camp used to be in the middle of a secluded wooded area, making it the ideal hideout for a band of outlaws trying to keep away from the prying eyes of the law. But then most of this wood was bulldozed in order to build the Grand Exchange. The outlaw camp is now squeezed between the Grand Exchange and Edgeville, clearly visible to any guard who happens to be glancing in the right direction. Why these guards haven't already stormed over and eradicated the outlaws is beyond me.
–= MEGA Construction Rework =–

Freeform Buildings, Surface World Plots, Community Involvement, Environments, Skills and much, much more...!

07-Aug-2014 14:15:14

SaintBroski
Sep Member 2023

SaintBroski

Posts: 915 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was actually looking for this thread. After looking around from a very long 2 year break, I've seen that a lot of things have been scaled up, and most of the new content is being made a lot bigger than content was a few years ago. Look at Al Kharid. Huge compared to what it used to be. Ashdale is one of the newest places in the game and it is also scaled very large. The new Elf City is expected to be huge as well.

It's just going to take time because that's a lot of graphical work, but I do wish that cities were made bigger. Especially rivers and such.

07-Aug-2014 22:04:01 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2014 22:06:20 by SaintBroski

AI-lslam

AI-lslam

SaintBroski said :
I was actually looking for this thread. After looking around from a very long 2 year break, I've seen that a lot of things have been scaled up, and most of the new content is being made a lot bigger than content was a few years ago. Look at Al Kharid. Huge compared to what it used to be. Ashdale is one of the newest places in the game and it is also scaled very large. The new Elf City is expected to be huge as well.

It's just going to take time because that's a lot of graphical work, but I do wish that cities were made bigger. Especially rivers and such.

But the land in itself is not getting any bigger. Cities and other content are getting larger, but it is cramming up all the space that isn't being added in.

If you compare the current continent with let's say since 2006 RS...it's the same size.

The cities are the same size in perimeter and area, even though they've been re-worked.

We need an entire continental overhaul.

08-Aug-2014 04:42:21

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295 Back to Top