Forums

Will RS ever be Scaled Up?

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295

Senzu Beans
Jul Member 2021

Senzu Beans

Posts: 556 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem I can see is that Jagex will spend a lot of time making the map larger, and it won't be appreciated and worth the amount of effort they put in to design it.

They already added so many new lodestones and teleports that you can get to anywhere with minimal time and effort. With all of these teleports available to practically anywhere in Gielinor, I don't see why anyone would intentionally walk around to various cities and training areas.

When Jagex add NEW areas, then yes, I agree with making them larger for the purposes of exploration, scenery, and overall greater questing experience. But I just don't see a point in updating ALL of the current map to make it larger, when there's so many teleports available to everywhere that most of it will go unseen. It will be wasted time and energy that could be spent making better content updates.

27-Jul-2013 07:12:36

Huknar
Jan Member 2016

Huknar

Posts: 1,827 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Toadie said :
Jamesjacobs2 said :
i would love it if runescape was scaled up say if it was like syrim size that would be absolutely awsome

If they could at least apply it to the cities of Runescape that would be awesome. I like how all the elder scrolls games have really large, interactive cities. The main cities of Runescape are pretty bland and aren't really worth visiting unless you need a bank or are doing a quest.

What? I'm not sure which Elder Scrolls game you've been playing, the cities are tiny! In both Skyrim and Oblivion. They are not even cities. Varrock is probably bigger than say, Whiterun.

The largest cities I've ever seen in an MMO, is Guild Wars 2, and even then it was an illusion of size.

27-Jul-2013 15:44:25

Heidly Ees
Jun Member 2023

Heidly Ees

Posts: 5,484 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lampmonster said :
i remember reading that the html5 client makes you realize just how small the world actually is. They were discussing that they'd like to scale the world up, but it would be put off until higher priority updates are done. It might've been on one of the Q&A's they posted on YouTube. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That was me that asked the question! At the time they said they wouldn't, but a few campfires later they seemed to be thinking about it.

More information on my thread
I'm just a man; I'm not a hero.
Just a boy who had to sing this song.

27-Jul-2013 21:27:42

Arcifer
Mar Member 2018

Arcifer

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
u used to have to actually walk everywhere, and teles were only for rich ppl with high mage. Back then the game was much more awesome, and trust me, you would not want to be walking from lummy to yanville very often lol.

30-Jul-2013 02:16:45

Dei Aeternum

Dei Aeternum

Posts: 1,030 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want this so badly. Everything in Runescape feels extremely small. Most Agility Shortcuts/obstacles don't even make sense because they're so tiny (like stepping stones being 20 inches away from eachother).
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

30-Jul-2013 14:47:54

Team Misha
Nov Member 2023

Team Misha

Posts: 12,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support, I'd say delete lodestones while they're at it. The better teleports (like chipped house tabs) had to be earned and easier fast traveling should stay that way. If we can't get a full world stretch maybe at least the more populated areas. I'd rather see beautiful landscapes over more crap updates like BoL

01-Aug-2013 07:20:06

Kyle III

Kyle III

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it should be scaled up, or spread out. What really bugs me is that rivers that you can't cross are about 1 square wide. Your character would literally hop over there. Take the distance between the island off the shore of Catherby. It's about 1 square distance. And the mountains really bother me, too. Like the OP said, they're like a little hill. The mountains need to be created like Trollheim!

01-Aug-2013 17:54:05

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295 Back to Top