SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
------
NECROMANCY
------

Announced: Tuesday 13th December 2022
Source: Twitch - Runescape3, End of Year Livestream.
No more information to be given until next year (January 9th) when death rework hits.

JANUARY UPDATES: no new info on Necromancy
FEBRUARY UPDATES: no new info on Necromancy (yet)
MARCH UPDATES:

PREDICTION: I'm guessing we'll see it get released after the Summer Beach event, as Halloween would be next, and that's pretty much on theme with it. I'm hoping sooner though!
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

13-Dec-2022 18:05:09 - Last edited on 24-Feb-2023 11:26:37 by SlR

Mr Dr Slayer

Mr Dr Slayer

Posts: 517 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
well well well looks like i was right...

04-Nov-2022 18:24:23:
Mr Dr Slayer said :
Ideas i got for Necromancy. Prayer, Magic, Div

Div instead of summoning because theres a lil bit of lore around how summoning is not necromancy (Malignius Mortifer). They could always change it, because its just a couple lines.

Make necro the weapons side of prayer equipment. There's already so many unused prayer equipment . That would serve as the armor, add necro to intro the weapons.

Have necro serve as a hybrid combat style, like how summoning has familiars that are melee range etc.

Conjured units follow the combat triangle. The conjured unit IS the weapon that gives unique abilities.

Have the players avatar model effectively act as a familiar that follows conjured units, while the player then controls 1-5 conjured units. Conjured units stay in a loose gaggle when moving, you can manually separate/ group them.

To conjure a unit, the player must sacrifice a % of their life points.

To return that % life points, the player must sacrifice the conjured unit.

To kill a player using necromancy, kill all of their conjured units, and deal 1 more final hit on the player.

Extra Resources would be runes, prayer points, energies.

Possible tie ins would be artefacts + prayer equipment, life altar, soul altar, Mahjarrats-Zemouregal-Zamorakians-Malignius Mortifer, unused Necromancer building .

Cosmology does sound pretty cool as well

13-Dec-2022 18:13:08 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2022 18:14:22 by Mr Dr Slayer

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Following the previous RS3 new skill reveal format, they don't give out many clues about Necromancy to keep it a secret and fresh until it is about to be relased.

The only thing we know at this point is it is related to the story. Perhaps Roald or whoever are going to die and we resurrect them as undeads?

13-Dec-2022 18:15:13 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2022 18:18:29 by Dilbert2001

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm with Dilbert on this one, whoever gets murdered will get revived and reveal whoever did it (probably the butler) haha. Ps: I'm surprised how many people guessed Necromancy. Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

13-Dec-2022 18:22:02 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2022 18:24:37 by SlR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
If it's not magic and it's not summoning, then what angle have they come up with?

I would be a lot more excited and interested if they said it was plumbing, because at least I could imagine what that might be.

We are probably still half a year from actually being able to play the new skill. RS3 isn't going to tell us much now or it will become stale 6 months later. They are probably going to release cryptic clues slowing in January and February or even misdirection clues before they tell us actually what we will see in March or April.

13-Dec-2022 19:56:17

Quick find code: 16-17-63-66269007 Back to Top