Forums

Preventing Raffle Rigging Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-127-66127015

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Posts: 1,464 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Please stop making these type of threads within the Forums. You have been told about them before.

Threads locked.

Please do not remake it.

Thank you to Mod Poerkie for the review on the thread :) . It was unfortunate that it took 3 weeks, but the right call was made!

I think it was a good call to add a minimum total level, although it may not be enough to stop raffle rigging.
Against Raffle Rigging since 2015

21-Sep-2019 04:14:11 - Last edited on 21-Sep-2019 05:57:55 by Ironman Gup

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Support for solving raffle rigging.

It is a shame that it was somehow interpreted that wanting a solution to raffle rigging was against RSOF for a while, but we can now talk about it again :)

21-Sep-2019 12:56:11

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So far this year, using one account only, I have received 3 golden warpriest sets and 1 golden Barrows set.

I would therefore suggest that rigging is far less of a problem now than it has been previously.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

21-Sep-2019 14:51:38

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

So far this year, using one account only, I have received 3 golden warpriest sets and 1 golden Barrows set.

I would therefore suggest that rigging is far less of a problem now than it has been previously.

Congratz,

There are however others that will be negatively affected by raffle rigging :( . It is RNG based after all

22-Sep-2019 01:00:33

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Congratz,

There are however others that will be negatively affected by raffle rigging :( . It is RNG based after all

i have yet to feel negatively impacted by the "rigging" as i've won all of my entries on my main and most attempts on many other accounts.
WAAAGH!!!

22-Sep-2019 11:20:56

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Congratz,

i have yet to feel negatively impacted by the "rigging" as i've won all of my entries on my main and most attempts on many other accounts.

Well done,

I am sure future years wont get that luxury however as the odds were improved for the last 3 weeks due to a glitch on week one.

It will also depend on what items you go for as to the odds of winning. Raffle riggers target specific items

22-Sep-2019 12:48:25

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Congratz,

Well done,

I am sure future years wont get that luxury however as the odds were improved for the last 3 weeks due to a glitch on week one.

It will also depend on what items you go for as to the odds of winning. Raffle riggers target specific items

you're probably right so i'll have to get around to making and leveling up more accounts to be on the safe side.
WAAAGH!!!

23-Sep-2019 06:41:02

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,166 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If this really is an issue one way i can think of to help would be total level = amount of tickets you can gain during the event under 150 max of 2 per day (to gain)

1000 can gain 4 per day

1500 5 per day

2000 6 per day

2376 7 per day

Max of 15 entries stays same

You gain more by playing the game. Higher level activities higher chance of recieving a ticket. Like killing telos 50% chance of a ticket. Making overloads 1:250 chance of ticket per overload. Cooking shrimp 1:1000 chance of ticket

Or an easier way if doing it if the activity is under level 30 then 1:1000 drop for ticket over 31 1:750 over level 50 1:600

Just a quicj example balancing will be needed

Or just remove raffle.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

25-Sep-2019 10:58:48 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2019 11:03:11 by Tenebri

Quick find code: 16-17-127-66127015 Back to Top